School Trip

Falling Star

After tossing and turning the night away thinking about Ghost Boy's eyes; Byeol had to get up and get ready for today's school trip. It was too early and she was too tired. Byeol tried to cheer herself up, telling herself, 'Today is the day! The school trip she has been talking about with Soobin and Gina!'

Byeol dragged herself out of bed, into the shower and hopefully she will be wake to walk to the bus stop.

 

 Byeol couldn’t decide what to wear and there wasn't much of a selection, hoping that her friends wouldn't be disappointed.

Outfits-de-Moda-Oto%C3%B1o-invierno-2012

She finally decided and headed down to the bus station, she kept looking down at her old boots and hoped no one would notice they were a little tight on her. She waited about 10 minutes worried about her friend’s reaction, until she saw Soobin who was dressed in much cuter clothing.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLjGSyLWtj-LtxNbHukm0
 

"Are we enlisting in the military?" Soobin examined Byeol up and down.

Byeol looked over her shoes again, clicked her heels together, "Private Lee reporting for duty!" she started to giggle hoping Soobin would laugh too.

"Ahahaha," Soobin rushed to Byeol and fixed her bangs. Soobin knew Byeol tried and was guilty that she didn't have patience for her. "We're going to have fun! I hear the boys from the other school will be going to the same place!" Soobin was now holding Byeol hand, trying not to squeal, "I'm excited!"

Byeol squeezed Soobin's hand, she was nervous just at the thought of boys being there as well.

"Yoohoooo!" Gina yelled, running towards Byeol and Soobin. Her shirt was so bright Byeol wasn't sure if she had lights attached.

b66f9b7ce6799ac648c36b18e443c3aa.jpg

Once again Byeol felt under dress.

 

No time to dwell, the bus had come and already her stomach was in knots! She thought of last night and her encounter with Ghost Boy. How she hoped he wouldn't acknowledge her existence.

They stepped on the bus, as soon as they all got seating towards the middle, Byeol couldn't help her curiosity and looked towards his usual spot. There he was dressed in black and staring off to something Byeol knew nothing about.

The rest of the bus ride Byeol caught herself looking at Ghost Boy.

When they finally arrived at school, there were her classmates, scattered amongst the parking lot looking excited waiting for the school bus. Byeol followed Soobin and Gina around like a lost puppy; she laughed when they did and tried to look interested when they gossiped about other girls in class. There were times Gina tried to test Byeol's patience by ordering her around, it was like a game to her she tried to go as far as she could until Byeol would stand up for herself but so far she did everything. 

"Yah," Gina pointed at Byeol, "it's your turn to buy us some banana milk." Byeol bought two for Gina and Soobin.

"You should tell Hana she should stop stuffing her bra," Gina was really looking for an argument with Byeol.

Byeol was stunned, a deer caught in headlights... She was torn on what to do.

"C'mon!" Gina knew Byeol hated confrontation and was tired of her being so helpless with no backbone, "if you don't do it, you can find a seat by yourself in the bus."

*Gulp*

Byeol didn't want to be an outcast. She slowly walked towards Hana who was in a group of her own on top of some stairs, she was the smallest girl in class but she was popular for being wealthy and having attitude.

"Hana..." Byeol was now trying to hold back tears, "Hana."

Hana turned around and noticed the quiet girl that always kept to herself and followed around that annoying Gina and Soobin like a lost soul.

"Hana, why..." Byeol was scared, "Why do you stuff your bra? You look beautiful naturally."

The girls around Hana started to giggle and Hana's eyes got as big as saucers. The rage in her eyes, Hana pushed Byeol. Caught off guard, Byeol twisted her ankle and started to tumble down the 4 steps of stairs.

Byeol landed at the bottom of the steps, staring up to the sky, she was in so much pain she couldn't cry. The air was knocked out of her and all she could do was look at the clouds. Far off somewhere she heard some girls calling for help and soon she started to drift off towards the sky and slowly her world was full of dark skies with a faint star that barely sparkled. That was all she remembered.