Joon

Falling Star

Byeol cleaned up Ghost Boy's mess and she sat across from him thinking about what to do next. She looked around the room which fell silent and the steady breathing of Ghost Boy was relaxing. Looking at him again, she couldn't imagine she would ever be here with him, especially in this situation. The room still had a vague stench of vomit but it didn't bother her. Taking in another deep breath she fought with her conscience of leaving him behind and getting her back home, but she felt responsible for him as well.

"Leave," Joon finally appeared out of nowhere.

Byeol looked around the room looking for him but he didn't make his presence known.

"Why are you still here?" Joon started again.

"Where are you?" Byeol started searching the room for Joon.

Joon now appeared kneeling infront of Byeol looking in her eyes. He stared into Byeol's eyes trying to find something else to say but nothing came out. 

Feeling uneasy about the situation Byeol cleared and her eyes began to wander the room. She couldn't bare to look back at Joon into his dark eyes, everytime she tried it brought shivers running down her spine.

"What's wrong?" Joon leaned in towards Byeol. "Are you felling okay?"

Feeling the icy breeze from Joon that tickled her jaw line Byeol stood up as quickly as she could.

"What!" Byeol placed her right hand on her jaw and finally remembered to breath.

Joon stood up following her towards the door, "Are you sure your okay?"

Byeol slowly looked up to Joon and never realized how he made her feel. At first she felt that he was so mean to her, she was afraid to be near him. Now she felt like he was her best friend, rough around the edges but in the inside he was caring and his voice was so soothing she always felt safe.

"Yeah," Byeol looked straight into his eyes and they were the blackest eyes she'd ever seen. "I'm fine, just a little tired but it's been a long night."

Joon sighed again, "You need to get some rest." Turning to look in the direction of Ghost Boy, "What are you going to do with him?"

"I don't know," Byeol let out a sigh herself. "I'm sure someone is waiting up for him."

Joon smirked, "Is that right? Who would wait up for him?"

Byeol thought for a second and the image of the scary man in the dark suit came to mind. Shaking her head to get rid of that image quickly, "I'm sure there's someone. There's always someone." Byeol then grabbed her phone to check if her mother had at least texted her. Nothing. "Well, except for me."

Joon turned his attention back to Byeol, "I am still waiting for you."

Unsure of a response Byeol began to fiddle with her phone and dropped it.

Ghost Boy began to stir and his arm dropped from the couch to the floor breaking the silence.

Clearing again Byeol walked to Ghost Boy to pick up his arm to place by his side. Carefully grabbing his wrist she slowly raised off the ground and place his arm on the couch. 

"Just leave him," Joon began again. "Leave."

"I can't just leave him," Byeol stared down watching Ghost Boy's chest slowly rise and fall listening to his soft and steaady breathing. 

"Why? What do you owe him," Joon's vioce began to rise.

Byeol turned towards Joon, "I don't know but I'm not just going to leave him like this!"

Angered Joon grabbed Byeol's wrist and held it close to his chest, "Well I can't just leave you." Looking into Byeol's eyes, there was much more Joon wanted to say but nothing else came out. He then realized that he was hold her wrist in his hand.

Surprised and in disbelief Byeol felt his icy hand wrapped around her wrist. Waiting for Joon to say something else, he finally let go. Looking at her wrist is began to ache and throb with pain.

"I'm..." Joon stumbled over his words. "I mean.. You... How's your... I'm sorry." Then he was gone.