Aftershock

Falling Star

Byeol squirmed in bed not wanting to wake up; there was nothing really to look forward to. Her mother no longer bugged Byeol at all; in fact she pretty much ignored her completely. School was like a silent film, she heard the teachers lectures, did her work and occasionally ate lunch and back home she went without talking to anyone really. Then there was the bus route from home to school and school to home; the bus driver greeted her and there she sat listening to her iPod and ignore everything around her. Ghost Boy was somewhere in the background but he was no longer her interest. In fact nothing was.

"Yaaah," Blondie was kneeling next to Byeol's bed. "You’re going to be late again."

Byeol rolled over and looked up to the ceiling; it was another boring meaningless day she thought. Slowly rubbing her eyes she slowly started to stir and get out of bed.

After her shower, she sat staring at her breakfast. Then she counted her steps to the bus stop.

The three stooges didn't talk much but just watch Byeol and occasionally smiled and waved at her. It usually ended with no response and Byeol stared passed them. They seemed worried but didn't know what to do about it.

Byeol sat in the bus and thought over the night with her and Blue, what did it all mean? What the hell happened?!? She replayed her dream she had that night after her and Blue's incident. She was sitting in a limo with 4 other males; Red and Blondie were there but so were Ghost Boy and another she didn't know. There were laughing and joking talking so loud that Byeol couldn't understand what they were talking about. Then their laughs turned into screams and next she felt like her chest was being ripped open and she couldn't breathe, all she saw was Ghost Boy holding her crying. She tried to speak but each time she gasped it was like a sharp knife pain that was digging deeper into her chest. After she awoke the pain felt so real that she grabbed herself and tried to forget the pain.

Deep in thought, she felt a nudge. She looked up and Ghost Boy was sitting next to her.

"Huh?" Byeol wasn't sure if he was talking to her or if she just imagined the he nudged her shoulder.

"You..." Ghost Boy was looking around, pointing towards the back of the bus," You missed your stop."

"Huh?" Byeol wasn't sure what he was talking about.

"Your stop for school," Ghost Boy now showed a hint of concern.

"My stop!" Byeol was now scared, she had never missed school unless she was sick or her mother forgot to wake her up on time.

Ghost Boy was now regretting what he just did, everyone was looking at the girl panicking in the bus. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down to her seat. "Just get off at the next stop; I'm sure you can get the next bus that stops at or near your school."

Overwhelmed, she started to cry.

Blue, Red and Blondie looked up unsure what to do themselves.

Ghost Boy sat there staring at Byeol, wishing he never said anything to begin with. "Are you okay?"

Blue finally cleared his throat and began to reach for Byeol's hand on her lap.

As was Ghost Boy who began to reach down to tap her hand.

Blue and Ghost Boy's hand had touch and the two felt a jolt!

Ghost Boy's breathe was taken back; his hand that was reaching towards Byeol was now balled into a fist.

Blue flew back to his seat and Red and Blondie grabbed him.

Byeol stopped crying; in fact she stopped everything...

 

"Are you sure, you're okay?" Byeol was looking directly at Ghost Boy; his eyes seemed dialated. Byeol was hesitant to touch him but she wanted to make sure he was still breathing. Inching closer to him, Byeol started to poke him, nothing. She poked him a little harder and his eyes were fixed to where Blue was sitting.

Red and Blonde were still shaking Blue.

This time Byeol grabbed Ghost Boy's hand which was still balled in a fist. "Are you okay? What happened?"

Ghost Boy gasped for air, turned his attention to Byeol who was still asking if he was okay.

Just then the bus stopped and Ghost Boy jumped to his feet and pratically ran towards the exit.

Confused on what happened, Byeol looked at Blue and towards Ghost Boy. She then found herself on her feet and running towards the exit. This time the three didn't follow.

Running in between people and trying to catch up to Ghost Boy, Byeol had no idea which way she was going. Her eyes were jumping all over the place looking for the familiar face, finally she spotted him about 100 yards from her. Ghost Boy was walking so fast it looked like any minute he would start sprinting down the street.

"Hey!!" Byeol started to shout. "Wait for me!" Determined to catch up to her she started running faster, unaware that her bag was dropping her school supplies and then her ipod slipped out of her pocket. Reaching her hand out she grabbed Ghost Boy's black wool pea coat.

"What!!!" Ghost Boy yelled out loud the people passing by were startled and began to walk around the two.

"Are you okay?" Byeol was trying to catch her breathe, "I just wanted to make sure you're fine."

Ghost Boy wiped the sweat off his brow violently with his hand. "Don't worry about me! Don't follow me! I'm fine!"

Byeol looked into Ghost Boy's eyes; confused about his cold expression. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry," Ghost Boy kept blinking his eyes, "Jus-t don't... Don't. Leave me alone. Okay?" He seemed to be exhausted from whatever it was that was bugging him.

Byeol reached towards him. Ghost Boy looked at her in frustration and jumped back.

Ghost Boy pointed at Byeol with exhaustion, "Don't." With that he turned around and started walking away.

"I'm sorry..." Byeol stood there watching him walk away.

 


 

The pain that Gunwoo forgot was there again. It took months for him to forget that feeling and today, it was like a jolt that brought all the memories back. He had to get far away from her. Whoever she was, he had to stay away from her. Gunwoo began to blame himself for being so careless and getting involved with others. Now all the nightmares came back, the memories haunted him.

No clue where else to go, he started walking aimlessly down the streets.

After an hour or so, the feeling was still there. He began to cry in the streets and people started to keep there distance. Suddenly a four door black sedan with limo tinted windows appeared in front of him. Gunwoo was oblivious of the currect events, overcome with emotions; it was too much to handle.

The vehicle door opened and slowly coming from the vehicle was a man with black hair, black sun glasses and a black suit with a face made of stone. "C'mon back home," his voice came out stern with authority.

Gunwoo was sobbing, "Just make it go away..."

The man in black gently reached out grabbing Gunwoo's wrist leading him inside of the vehicle.

"Make it stop! Make it stop!!" Gunwoo was stuck reliving his memories.

The man in black said nothing. After the two got into the vehicle; Gunwoo was crumbled in his seat and the other pressed a button by the door to speak with the driver. "Get moving."

 


 

Blondie was sitting next to Blue while Red was pacing Byeol's bedroom; both were taking glances to Blue who was still silent.

"So, nothing happened?" Red finally spoke.

"I told you.." Blue seemed tired, there was no argument this time. He was tired of explaining what had happened. There were no words to describe what happened, it all happened so quickly.

"I don't know man, I mean the look in your eyes and the way you just fell back..." Red was still pacing the floor. "It just doesn't seem like nothing happened."

"Yeah," Blonde cautiously looked at Blue. "Then whispering Gunwoo?"

Blue closed his eyes and the image of Ghost Boy came back; Ghost Boy was hovering over him, it felt like he was craddling him and crying. He quickly opened his eyes, "I don't know who Gunwoo is! Just forget about it! Nothing happened!"

"Okay," Red held his hands up. "It's forgotten."

"Fine let's drop it, Byeol will be home soon. Whoever this Gunwoo is," Blonde looked at Blue again, "well... who knows..."