Guilt

Falling Star

Byeol awoke sometime early in the morning, the sun was not up yet and the sky was still dark with the stars shining. Her body still felt weak but her back started to hurt from lying in bed for so long. With all her might she slowly sat up in bed.

"Don't force yourself to get up," Joon was almost whispering.

Byeol felt at ease hearing Joon, for some reason she felt alone again. "I'm okay, my back started hurting for lying in bed for so long," Byeol was now looking around her room trying to get her eyes to adjust to the darkness.

"You've been out for almost all day," Joon was still talking to soft.

"Is my mom home?" Byeol was watching Blue walk closer to her bed.

"Nah," Joon was now sitting on the edge of the bed. "She made you some ramen and left it by your bed and took off afterwards."

Byeol reach out towards her light and turned it on. It took a while for her to get use to the bright light. Then she noticed a bowl with bloated noodles next to her bed. "Well," Byeol poked at the ramen. "I must have been really sick." She started to giggle but felt dry. Looking at Joon there was something different this time, he looked worried staring back at Byeol.

Joon tried his hardest to smile, but he was still worried about what had happened earlier. "Sae feels really bad about what happened." Joon stopped himself before he continued. "He is sitting in the living room with Jin."

"Why?" Byeol didn't want him to feel bad. In fact she had no clue why he felt bad in the first place.

"You..." Joon was cautious with the words he use. "Sae hugged you... and..." Joon was looking closely at Byeol trying to read her eyes but there was nothing.

"And what..." Byeol suddenly felt alone again.

"And... you fell. You couldn't get back up," Joon was now looking down to the floor.

Unaware of what to do, Byeol sat quietly waiting for Joon to finish but he said nothing else. She tried to remember back; recalling that she had given the three names she repeated. "Joon, Jin and Sae."

Joon looked back up, "you gave us all names and Sae reached out to hug you. You don't remember?"

"How long have I been out?" Byeol was looking at the clock in her room. It was 3 am.

"Since you named us and Sae hugged you," Joon replied, there was a hint of tiredness or frustration in his voice. "You don't remember anything?"

Byeol suddenly had a headache and her eyes were getting blurry. "I think I need some fresh air."

Joon got back up, letting a long sigh linger in the room.

Byeol stood up and started to gather her blankets together. Joon was still pacing the floor. "I need to change my clothes to something warmer."

Joon looked at Byeol not sure what to say. Then he was gone.

Byeol looked at the clock again and couldn't believe she was out for so long. She then thought about what had happened earlier. Closing her eyes again she had to gather her strength to buckle down her emotions she was feeling. She changed into her winter clothes and grabbed her blankets, walking towards her window she placed her blankets down. "Okay boys, get ready!" she exclaimed.

Jin, Joon and Sae all looked at the bedroom door, surprised to hear Byeol yelling.

Byeol opened the window and the cold breeze glided through the warm. Out she went to the fire escape, ducking her head back into the window the three were now confused looking at her. "Well," Byeol started as she was grabbing her blankets. "First one up is a rotten egg." Byeol carefully climbed the fire escape, it had been years since she went on the rooftop. She was unsure why she wanted to avoid what happened between her in Sae. Everytime she thought about it, it made her feel sad. Even thinking about her and Joon there always seemed to be an urge to cry stuck in . Finally making it to the rooftop, the three were standing there.

"Okay," Byeol threw her blankets to the ground. "I'm the rotten egg," Byeol started to force herself to giggle.

"What are we doing here?" Jin asked, watching Byeol spread her blankets on the ground.

"What do you mean?" Byeol was just done placing the blankets down. She then grabbed the last one and wrapped it around herself and sat down. She looked back up at the three and patted the ground.

Joon quickly looked at Jin and Sae and sat down himself. Jin followed and Sae stood for a while unsure what was going on.

"C'mon," Byeol was looking at Sae. "I haven't been up here in years, I always wanted to come back up with someone I care for."

Sae couldn't look Byeol in the eyes but sat down without saying a word.

"I wish I had my ipod," Byeol was now looking up into the sky. Occasionally closing her eyes and breathing in deeply and exhaling slowly.

Joon watched Byeol as the condensation danced up into the sky. He never noticed how pretty she until now. The way she fixed her hair in a hurry, it always seemed messy but he liked that. The way she would look off into the distance in deep thought and she began to chew on her bottom lip.

"You know," Byeol broke the silence. "I'm turning 16 this year... It's been years since I've been up here. My dad..." Byeol closed her eyes and tried to contain her pain. A smile quickly appeared and she began, "My dad use to bring me up here and we use to wish on stars." A weak giggle escaped her. "Silly, huh?"

The three sat listening and looking up at the stars themselves.

"Now, I don't waste my time of things like that..." Byeol tried her hardest to keep her emotions down. "Now, I just lose myself in books and songs. That's all I really have now. Well, I have you three and it's filled some holes in my heart."

"You have us," Joon was looking up into the sky above. "You have us until when?" Joon didn't want to sound harsh but he needed Byeol to wake up from the inevitable. "Will you still need us when you go to college? When you start dating? When you get married? You will get older and we... We will be older or stuck like this?"

Byeol wanted to change the subject but she couldn't seem to runaway from her fears, "I'm afraid."

"Afraid of what?" Jin was sitting behind Byeol. "We're here with you."

"What if..." Byeol tried her hardest to fight the tears back. Slowly breathing in the cold air she had to tell them how she truly felt. "I'm afraid to find out who you are..."

No one knew what to say. Joon didn't want Byeol to cry but things had changed so much that they had to try to figure out what was happening or happened.

"I'm a fraud," Byeol let out again.

"What?" Joon wasn't sure what she was talking about.

"I saw it," Byeol was now sobbing. "I-I saw it and I wanted to pretended that nothing happened. I saw it when Joon and I..." Byeol felt guilty that she wanted to keep them. Now to her it felt like it was all going to end, she knew that when the time came she would have to let them go.

Sae now had his eyes closed, too afraid to open his eyes. "I saw it, whatever it was. I saw it and felt it."

"Gunwoo?" Jin still wasn't sure what they were talking about.

"Why did you say that name?!?" Byeol stood up feeling an icy chill in her heart.

"Do you know him?" Joon was now standing himself.

"What made you say that name?" Byeol started to panic.

"Joon said it on the bus," Jin was starting to worry.

"Who is he?" Joon was stepping towards Byeol now. "You know him?!?"

Not knowing what it all meant she felt the pounding in her head. Byeol's head felt like it was ready to explode, she put her hands to her head thinking about the scary bodyguard. "Why would you say that?!?"

Joon closer to Byeol, his voice began to raise, "Who is he! Tell me if you know him!"

"I don't know him," Byeol's tears began. "I don't know him... It's just..."

"Spit it out!" Joon was inches away.

Afraid of the situation Sae and Jin were stepping back from the two.

"The man in the suit!" Byeol was replaying her and the man in black. "He said to stay away from Gunwoo!" Byeol's eyes were blurry from her tears and afraid of saying anything else she reached towards Joon.

Joon afraid of Byeol's reaching arm quickly shuffled back avoiding contact with Byeol himself. He didn't want to hurt Byeol and he was too afraid of seeing himself staring up at Ghost Boy and the pain, especially the pain.

Byeol stumbled to her knees, she felt it again. Emptiness. "I'm sorry," the words escaped in defeat.

"It's not that," Joon was now kneeling towards Byeol. 

"I'm sorry..." Byeol had nothing else to say but sorry. Over and over again.

"It's me," Joon was trying to comfort her. "I don't want to hurt you. Please Byeol, don't cry."

"I'm sorry," Byeol sat in a cloud of remorse.

"Please," Joon was speaking from his heart. "Please, hear me Byeol. I don't want to hurt you. Please. It's not you, it's me. I'm sorry."

 

 


 

okay, so i get suggestions from friends. now, i have a minor problem. it's split in half with gunwoo and byeol having romance or no romance. let me know what you think... honestly i never thought of them having feelings for one another but then again, i never thought of having joo jun appear. lol. he was in a RP that i had with my friends. lol. thanks for reading.