VII

My Sister is Marrying...Kim Jongin?!

You dressed yourself up to the one of your wishes in life, to have a dinner with your family-in-law.

Or should we say, your sister’s family-in-law.

Amidst that, you dressed formal as much as possible for this supposed-to-be-memorable moment with your bias’s family.

As you arrived in the dining room, you see everyone on their places already. The only seat that was left is the one which is across Jin.

*Damn, the place next to Jongin was already taken by that stupid guy.*

“Take your seat now, ____________. The dinner’s getting set soon.” Mrs. Kim gestured you to join them. You replied with a smile and small not then took the seat across Jin and beside your sister.

“Why are you so…dressed up?” Aika whispered to you.

“I can’t just dress in my simple casual attire. It’s my first dinner with my Jongin’s family, you know.” You replied in a low voice.

Aika nudged your knee below the table. You jolted up at the pain it inflicted that made the table shake violently.

Everyone was shocked and they all turned their attention towards you. Aika acted as if she was not involved with the act.

“What was that?” Mrs. Kim asked us.

“There’s… there’s this mosquito that bit my knee. I’m sorry.” You gave a gentle bow to everyone.

Jin laughed so hard the he started to thump his hands on the table.

“What’s so funny, Seokjin?” Jongin nudged him by the elbow. You shifted your gaze between the two.

Jin muffled his laughters with his hand and shook his head. Jongin nudged his head lightly and chuckled.

You shot Jin a look and he blinked back.

“Yes I know I’m hot. You don’t have to look at me like that.” He smirked.

“Kim Seokjin!” Mr. Kim bellowed at him. Jin lowered his head and pouted.

Everyone didn’t notice that the food is already being set in the table. Jongin’s straight face was turned into a bright one as soon as the chicken was placed in front of him.

You can’t help but smile as well upon seeing his bright face. You always wanted him to be like this.

A sudden realization went up to your mind that only chicken and Aika could make him smile bright like that.

Perhaps, Kyungsoo as well. You chuckled to yourself.

“Yah! Why are you laughing? Are you insane?” Jin waved his hand in front of  your face, his other hand used in handing you a bowl of rice.

You blinked out of your reverie and looked at him sternly. “You don’t have to know why.” You took the bowl from his hand.

“I know you find me funny, you don’t have to hide it.” He winked at you. You raised your brows and ignored him.

All you want to do now is to eat and enjoy the first moment with your bias’s family.

You gently broke the chopsticks and picked different foods served on the table.

“So, where do you plan to hold the reception?” Mr. Kim trailed off.

“In our garden, dad. We won’t invite people that much, so I guess that would be okay.” Jongin managed to reply while munching on a piece of chicken.

“And we want the reception to be simple as much as possible.” Aika smiled.

“I guess we wouldn’t want paparazzi on my wedding reception, so I want it to be really secured.”  Jongin added.

“That’s a good idea! Will you invite your co-EXO members?” Mrs. Kim asked.

The question caught your attention. You stopped chewing your food and dropped your chopsticks but kept your head low.

Jin looked at you with an amused smile playing on his lips.

Jongin smiled. “Of course. I wouldn’t let the guys miss my special day.”

You closed your eyes as your heart pounded heavily. The idea itself is making you go wild, what more if you already meet the members?

Suddenly, Aika noticed your weird act and fanned you with her hand frantically. “Are you okay? Do you need water?”

“She doesn’t need water, she needs EXO. She “hyperventilated” at the idea of EXO coming to your wedding, hyung.” Jin stated.

“Seokjin!” Mrs. Kim warned. “Anyway, I think that’s great! _________ will finally see her idols.”

Jongin agreed with a nod. “My sisters would love it as well.”

“Gosh! Those hot boys again!” Jung Hee and Jung Ah squealed together.

You gulped your food down and continued eating as normal as possible.

“The event organizers will arrive here tomorrow to help us plan with stuffs.” Jongin said.

A sudden idea crept in your mind and you smiled.

“I could help with them.” You volunteered. Almost everyone stopped eating to look at you.

“Are you sure? That’s a stressful job.” Mrs. Kim inquired.

You smiled wider. “Yes, I’d be glad to help since that’s the only way I could help my sister.” You glanced at her. Aika smiled back.

“I’ll volunteer too!” Jin raised his right hand. “Same with _________, that’s the only thing I could do in order to help my brother.”

You rolled your eyes. The idea of working with annoys you so much.

“Great. That means you could work together.” Jongin smirked at Jin playfully. Jin returned the smirk back.

*I’m doomed.* You thought. You had your plans, the plans of ruining this wedding one by one without the others noticing it, were already prepared for this wedding. This is the start of your own game, and you would end it all by yourself.

You wouldn’t let a stupid guy ruin all of it.

But what if he wants to help you with that?

In the end, you just sighed and accepted the fact that you are going to work with that stupid guy.

That stupid guy that just winked at you before he continued eating again.