III

My Sister is Marrying...Kim Jongin?!

Kai’s car stopped in front of Aika’s apartment. The three of you stepped out of the car. You let your eyes wander for a moment, letting them appreciate the beauty of the environment.

“You two could go inside, I’ll take care of ______’s baggages.” Kai said with a small smile.

“Thank you.” You smiled back and hovered your sister to enter her apartment with you.

As you both stepped across the threshold, you examined the place. The place was neat and everything was just in place. Then, a thing caught your attention.

The family picture that was hung on the wall, showing you hugging Aika and your father kissing your mother on the top.

“I didn’t know you brought it here.” A sour chuckle escaped your mouth.

Without a word, Aika grabbed your hand and gave it a light squeeze. She led you towards the dining area.

“Take a seat, I will prepare our lunch that was cooked by your bias.” Aika said.

“By your fiancé.” You corrected her sternly.

“_______..” Aika cooed as she tucked a stand of hair behind my ear. “I know this is too fast and..”

“Go now. I want to eat the food that was cooked by my bias.” You cut her and flashed her a smile to conceal the bitterness.

Aika nodded slowly and went reluctantly to the dining area. You closed your eyes and heaved a deep good sigh.

You wanted to escape the recent happenings. You didn’t want to believe all of these at once.

It hurts.

As you opened your eyes, you saw a dark smiling figure sitting across you.

“What?” You raised an eyebrow Jongin, embarrassed.

“You look like a sleeping Aika.” He pressed a fist on his mouth to cover his chuckles, which you immediately found very adorable.

You felt a wad on your throat and gulped it rapidly. If he wasn’t your bias, you were exasperated by now.

Suddenly, your face turned red.

You wanted to run and kiss your bias on the cheek to thank him from the silly compliment.

Scratch that-your sister’s fiancé.

“You look like a sleeping Aika.” The words echoed in your mind. In your heart.

*That means, she saw my sister sleeping? They slept together before?* You thought and it tormented you. You shook the thought away and focused on the reality.

In the end, you just flashed him a sly smile. “I’m pretty sure she’s prettier than me.”

Jongin blurted. “You both are.”

You can’t resist to smile widely at him, which consequently you found yourself crazy at the moment, so you straightened yourself as your sister arrive with the food.

“Yoohoo, this is the bulgogi seasoned with sesame seeds cooked by no other than Kim Jongin!” Aika exclaimed as he sat down.

Jongin stood up from his seat and pointed at himself, as if he was letting the non-existent crowd acknowledge his masterpiece. Then he sat again and laughed at himself. You laughed along with him.

“That’s our favorite, right Aika?” An amused Jongin looked at Aika and waited for her reply. Aika nodded rapidly.

*Wow. So he cooked it not because I am coming, but because it was THEIR favorite? How inconsiderate.* You talked to yourself in your sub-conscious.

“No! Your favorite is chicken! You almost eat it everyday with the members and isn’t it you were entitled as the “Chicken” and Sehun was the “Mania” when in the first place you were the real “Chicken Mania”? And you, your favorite is steamed buns! I used to sprinkle it with marshmallows inside back then. You told me I was weird but I asked you to try it and in the end, you loved it. ” You blurted out as you shifted your gaze from Jongin to Aika.

You can’t believe the things you used to believe were not meant to last.

The both at them looked at you, speechless.

“I…I am going to get the rice for a moment.” Aika stood up and dashed to the kitchen area. Jongin was still startled at the words you said. He didn’t react at that moment as you both waited for Aika to arrive.

Aika arrived with three bowls of rice in her hands and placed it hastily on the table before she sat down.

“Let’s eat.”

The time went by so fast that you didn’t notice the three of you were already finished. You didn’t even give yourself a moment to savor Jongin’s cooking because of the feeling of guilt took all over yourself. Despite it, you could tell that he cooked very well.

“I’ll wash the dishes.” Jongin stood up and collected the empty plates and utensils.

 “No, I’ll do.” You offered blatantly.

“You should take a rest.” Kai glanced at you for a moment.

*Oh Kim Jongin, did it hurt when you fell from heaven?*

“That’s right. Go to my bedroom.” Aika looked at you as well, but it implies something.

*“We’ll talk later.”* Her words replayed on your mind. Right, I will air a talk show with Aika.

“I owe you one. Next time, I’ll do it.” You smiled lightly at Jongin, who gave you a small nod.

You stood up and took heavy steps towards the bedroom. As you opened the door, you widened your eyes at the sight.

A boy’s jacket and pants that were carelessly thrown on the bed.

*DON’T TELL ME THEY DID….”

You stubbornly screamed your lungs out. “WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

Aika dashed to the room and looked at you worriedly, “Don’t tell me there’s a snake in my room!”

With a glare, you shook your head rapidly and pointed at the bed.

Aika sighed and facepalmed. “________, really?! It’s not what you think!”

 

“Then slowly tell me everything what the hell has been happening here because I can’t stand it all at once!”