XVIII

My Sister is Marrying...Kim Jongin?!

After having lunch at an eat-all-you-can restaurant, you, Aika, Jongin and Jin took small paces towards the car because your tummies were so full you can barely walk.

“I think I’m going to give birth anytime this moment.” Aika groaned in pain while gripping at your forearm.

Jongin winced at the remark.

“Can’t believe I will be a father of those food that were stuck in your stomach.”

The rays of sun blinded your vison for few second, then you blinked off the annoyance. When you opened your eyes, a pair of guys are walking towards your direction. The two share distinct physical similarities.

You snatched your arm away from Aika’s grip and covered your gasp with your hand.

Jin, curious as he have ever been, looked at the direction you’re eyeing at.

“Who are they?” Jongin asked, a hint of annoyance on his tone.

Aika took fast short breaths, her heart was thumping so hard she thought you could hear it with you by her side. She couldn’t respond well. No, she could not respond at all.

The two guys stepped in front of Aika and you and greeted you with a smile.

“Aika and ____!” One of the guys exclaimed. “Wow! You two are so..” Just before he could even finish, Jongin stepped up in front, blocking you and Aika’s vision.

“So what?” Jongin raised a brow fiercely, biting his lower lip.

The ever agitated and blunt Kim Seokjin gave his pride up and asked you away, whispering to your ear.

“Who are these guys? Are they twins?”

The hair on your back stood up as you felt the sudden breath of Jin panged your ear. It was…weird. But seconds later you broke from your reverie.

*Wow, he did talk to me despite the awkward atmosphere between us since yesterday?* You thought and scoffed at your subconscious.

“Whoa!” He one backed away with his hands up in the air. “I think I know you! I see you on tv!”

“Hyung, he’s the kid from EXO.” The other one one replied with a sly grin.

“Yah, Taehyung! He’s not just a kid!” You slapped his arm, the pain had burned your palm.

“Ow!” Taehyung cried and jumped at the pain you caused.

“You actually know these guys?” Jongin turned to face you.

“Okay guys, calm down.” Aika said, it was been barely heard.

The four of you completely forgot the massive pleasurable pain your stomachs carry in this kind of situation.

“I’m Daehyun, and this is my brother Taehyung.” The one who approached first introduced himself along with his brother who was busy gently patting his arm.

“I didn’t expect seeing my..” Daehyun was cut by Aika.

“We’re childhood bestfriends back in China. And this is Kim Jongin, yes, you’re right he’s from EXO. We’re getting married soon.” Aika pointed at Jongin and chuckled nervously, gripping you hard.

“Okay..” Kim Jongin looked at the guys suspiciously.

“And I’m Kim Seokjin, the mighty Jongin’s brother.” Jin pointed at himself from the back nonchalantly.

“Actually, Aika’s my ex-girlfriend.” Daehyun shot the words as if to make sense of what was happening.

Jongin’s eyes bulged and his jaw fell upon hearing it. “Was that true?”

Aika exhaled deeply and closed her eyes. “Yes.”

Jongin dragged Aika gently away from the scene to the side and whispered, “Why didn’t you tell me?!”

Aika squared her shoulders and rubbed her palms along Jongin’s cheeks. “Because you’re going to berserk?”

Jongin huffed and held Aika’s hands. “I was not.”

“You’re still beautiful, _______. Do you want to eat sometime?” Taehyung filled the awkward silence with the most awkward attempt to flirt.

“Thank you, but no. You grew a lot, Taehyung! You two literally looked like twins!” You beamed at them.

The memories of the past flashed on your mind altogether. Taehyung has been a loyal playmate. But time came when you’re both 13 he confessed his feelings to you, and you didn’t like it since you wanted both of you to be friends. No more, no less. Since that moment, you showed him lesser affection, worried he might misinterpret your actions further.

“Do you remember the time we had shower together when we were like, 7 years old?” Taehyung teased.

Jin glared at Taehyung and he had the urge to grab you too to the side and speak to you, but he was able to restrain himself.

Daehyun laughed hysterically. “Then you guys exchanged vows inside the bathroom! Weirdest thing ever!”

You buried your face in your hands, well embarrassed by the guys who have known you for life.

After few moments, Jongin and Aika went back to the group.

“So, Aika, I was wondering if the four of us could spend some time right now since we haven’t seen each other  after years?” Daehyun flashed his killer grin.

Aika and Jongin looked at each other’s gaze, as if they’re trying to read each other’s thoughts.

“Just this time, okay?” Jongin raised a brow.

“Yeah!” The siblings exclaimed in joy.

“Oh, _____, we have stuff to do. We have still to distribute the invitations. So you’re not going with them.” Jin placed his hand on your shoulder.

“What?!” Taehyung bellowed.

“No worries. I’ll just get your number so we could keep in touch.” You grabbed your phone form your pocket and handed it towards Taehyung, who is giggling and making goofy faces while typing his number.

“We’re heading home, I’m sorry _____ cannot come with you. It’s nice meeting you.” Jongin said and encouraged Daehyun of a handshake, which he gladly accepted.

Taehyung returned your phone to you. “See you soon, _____!” He waved giddily.

Jongin and Jin were heading to the car while you’re still bidding your farewells to the siblings.

“Bye, guys. See you soon. Aika, be safe.” You said last time then followed Jongin and Jin.

On the way home, you opened your phone that has Taehyung’s derp face as your wallpaper. You shook your head in amusement and what surprised you more is the name he gave himself, “My Kitten”.

You let out a soft chuckle and texted Taehyung right away.

“Hey, this is ______. Send me Daehyun’s email address. My sister’s secretly asking you for it.”

Then you pressed send, and a peculiar excitement rushed through your body.