XIX

My Sister is Marrying...Kim Jongin?!

"Can't this day get any boriiiiing?! Gosh!" You exclaimed in distaste.

You and Jin had been confirming the coming guests for the last time by calling them one by one. Heck, they call this a simple wedding ceremony when they have 300 guests all in all? Not to mention the impending sasaengs that will witness the greatest heartbreaks in their lives along with yours. 

Jin pretended to ignore you but the truth was he was enjoying to hear your rants for the past three hours. He just had to keep his mouth shut before he spits out how adorable you were.

Then suddenly a silly idea crept up his mind.

"Oh, I still have to call EXO and Super Junior hyungs."

Your ears perked up and your first instinct was to grab the phonebook assigned to him from his hands. 

You gladly wlecomed the instinct with open arms. 

"Yah! What are you doing?!" Jin nagged and tried to snatch the phonebook, but raised it in the airand gripped at it so hard as if your life depends on it.

"I'm going to call them! You can go and sleep your now!" You answered back, nudging him in the chest occassionally with your elbow.

"No! This is my job now do yours, for Pete's sake!" He tried to fight fack by leaning closer to you, his hand on your shoulder for support while the other one was trying to reach the phonebook.

"I will call them! I can no longer have Kai now! Can you at least give me the chance to be with one of them?!" 

Okay, that was utterly awful, you mentally slapped yourself.

Jin jumped and reached for the phonebook, but it dropped to the floor before it has reached his hand.

"No!" You screamed, hoping the screaming will stop the phonebook from landing in Jin's filthy hands. 

You both instantly bended down, both full of eagerness to win the thing. 

"Yes!" Jin exclaimed as soon as he knew he had won, putting the phonebook around an arm.

You raised your head and you might not wanted it to be but your face were just inches away from Jin's. His doe-like eyes and wide grin occupies the whole of your sight. You were suddenly stuck at the moment.

So was Kim Seokjin.

It took exactly 6 seconds to tear yourself off from such horrid view and stood up to straighten yourself.

Or it wasn't horrid at all?

Nevertheless, Jin sat down and broke the deafening suddenly awkward silence by laughing hysterically.

"I told you just focus on your work." He winked.

You gulped. "I just wanted Kyungsoo oppa's number!" You protested, unable to look straight to his eyes.

"Why would you need his number if you already have that alien's number?" 

Finally you looked at him suspiciously. "Alien?"

"That guy who got that donkey-like smile we met 2 days ago." He raised a brow.

"The dude's got a name and it's Kim Taehyung." You sighed in disbelief. 

"Oh, Taehyung. Unique. That dude likes you a lot it irks me." Jin cringed in his seat. 

You arched your eyebrows, completely oblivious. Why was he suddenly comparing himself to your childhood friend?

"Why?"

Jin propped his chin under his hand and ducked his face near yours. "Why?" he repeated.

You broke the awkward gaze and shrugged your shoulders in an ambiguous manner.

"You're exceptional. You're like a puzzle I think everyone's so challenged to solve."

"A...a puzzle?" You chortled. Why was the atmosphere suddenly.. serious? You wanted Mother Earth to swallow you.

"A puzzle you has yet to know she's a puzzle herself who needs a reconstruction. A new pattern perhaps. Maybe something should be replaced by a new one." Jin remained silent after spilling the words and fiddled with the pages of the phonebook.

"What the hell are you saying?" You were completely bewildered left oy by questions by Jin's play of words.

"And mysterious. I don't know if you're just completely naive or slow or something in between. But I'm trying to convince myself you're more of the latter." He stood up from his seat, clutching the phonebook.

"Jin? I seriously can't understand a single thing besides the concept of puzzle?" You looked up at him.

"And cut!" Jin clicked his tongue. "Was that good enough for an audition for a major role in a drama?" He grinned.

"Bastard." You crumpled a piece of scratch paper and hit it at him. "Bastard, bastard! You made me look like a complete idiot!"

Jin defended himself from the obvious painless attacks by covering his arms around his body. "I gotta go now and practice, see you later." He laughed on his way outside the room.

But he wasn't really going for a practice. There was nothing to practice for in the first place.

Nor making calls.

He didn't know where to go but his room to reflect how his words felt true disguised as lies for the first time.


Incidentally, you were left alone in the room. Your phone beeped at the notification of an e-mail.

"To: [email protected]
From: [email protected]

I'm sorry I wasn't able to reply 2 days ago after sending your message. So you wanted to keep this conversation discrete and never contact you on your phone, huh? Okay then. ^^

I'm glad to hear you had fun. It was a great time catching up! Looks like you seem contented with that EXO kid. I really have to google him. LOL I wish I had make you happier back then, you know..."

"To: [email protected]
From: [email protected]

Yes, thank you for understanding.

You really think I'm contented with him, huh? :( That's just so wrong! I feel I only have you to tell this, but, I'm strangled too much in this relationship I want to break free soon. Could you help me?"


Then you sent the message to Daehyun using your sister's identity in a fake email address.

*This is it. This is for you, Kim Jongin. This is for you, Aika. As long as I'm concerned, this is for the betterment of all.*