X

My Sister is Marrying...Kim Jongin?!

“Aika, look at this one!” You squealed as you cross over a white elegant dress with a huge ribbon that lies on the chest part and ends with big ruffles.

Aika came over to your side to look at the dress. “This is….glamorous!” Aika spat out the adjective as if it was the only thing that could describe the gown.

It was really glamorous.

“Hey, this one’s great too.” Jin stood up in front of a mannequin in a laced vintage wedding gown, smiling to himself.

You raised your brows at him and at the mannequin, then back at him. “Very Kate Middleton-ish. Jongin is beyond the charms of Prince William, Aika deserves something modern and eye-catching.” You spat bitterly.

Aika examined the gown Jin suggested.

 

 http://bridalmusings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/long-sleeve-lace-wedding-dress-Bridal-Musings-18.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Who says this isn’t eye-catching? I bet this will garner everyone’s attention because Aika will look like a bridezilla from a horror movie.” He laughed.

Aika pouted and gently smacked Jin’s head. “That’s not funny.”

Jin chortled awkwardly, clearing his throat. “I was just kidding. But I think adding a little hint of vintage would be goddamn perfect.”

“The theme is modern, so be it.” You argued.

“The theme is modern, and adding a little bit of vintage. Bringing the past would be sassy.” Jin argued back and poked his tongue out.

“Let’s should not bring the past, okay? Past is past, let it bury itself in the history until no one else notices it. We should live in the modern world. So, modern dress.” You answered back glumly.

Aika stared at you with heavy eyelids that implied she’s tired of the sick arguments. She patted Jin’s and your arms steadily.

“Thank you guys, but I’m choosing it myself.” Aika smiled apologetically.

“What?!” You and Jin said in unison, wide-eyes. After all those suggestions and arguments, in the end the decision was still in Aika’s hands.

That’s harsh. And very inconsiderate.

Aika chuckled. “I already picked out something before you guys entered. It seemed like you are enjoying each other’s company outside, so I didn’t bother asking for your suggestions anymore.”

You gulped at hearing those words.

“I am not.” You huffed, crossing your arms.

“Me neither.” Jin puckered his lips at your back mockingly before making weird faces at your back.

Aika shook her head in delight, seeing the tension between you and Jin that could grow to something…nevermind.

“Anyway, I chose this.” She pointed at the dress that the saleslady flashed just in front of everyone.

“This is simple, yet very classy and elegant. It is modern-vintage mixed-up together, see?” Aika made small nods as she explained. “I’ll always go in the much simpler design yet flashy.”

 

http://www.weddingideasmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/20-of-the-best-floral-wedding-dresses-for-a-country-garden-theme-Y11416_sophia-tolli-wedding_dresses_2014.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jin nodded along with her. You pursed your lips and sighed, agreeing with her.

Aika entered the dressing room to fit the dress. Then after a few dull moments, Aika came out in a perfectly-fitted dress.

“Perfect.” You whispered.

“As if it was really designed for you and my bias’ wedding. My supposed to be wedding. My supposed to be wedding gown. You were supposed to be me.”, you wanted to add but it was trapped in the walls of your mind, echoing in the deep chambers of your body. Reality is killing you in excruciatingly one by one.

How come your sister did it and you didn’t? How come your sister made your love fall for her?

How can you watch your sister marry the man you love and idolize the most?

Why does it have to be you to be the better, and for her to be the best? Though best is an understatement to describe her.

“_______?” Aika’s voice called you out of the trance. You looked at her with welled-up eyes and ran away outside.

Jin hesitantly followed you not until Aika told him so. “Follow her.”

“But what about you?” Jin asked.

“I could ask Jongin to get me here. Now go.” Aika gestured him to walk away. Jin nodded reluctantly and jogged along the path that leads to outside.