XI

My Sister is Marrying...Kim Jongin?!

You crouched and leaned your back against the lamp post just beside where Jin parked the car.

“Hey.” You jolted up. It was just only Jin, poking out his head to see your face.

“Go away.” You pressed your palms to cover your red and soaked face.

“I’m not going anywhere.” He said sternly, crouching in front of you. This is Jin, he’s the type that won’t leave anyone who is having a trouble. It’s in his nature.

“Yes you’re going away from me. You don’t understand.” You said that came out more like a sob.

“I’ll listen.” He uttered.

“I have nothing to say and you have nothing to listen.” This time it was a sob.

Jin rubbed his nape impatiently. “I barely listen to people. You should be lucky.”

You ignored him and let your tears stroll down your cheeks, nose and mouth. You’re not in the mood to talk and to tolerate silly jokes.

Jin sighed and held your arms. “I’m not going anywhere without you.” He clicked his tongue against his front teeth. “Come on. Let’s go home.” He smiled.

You peeked a little from his face. He’s smiling. You barely see him smiling out this wide, so you forced a small smile, hoping it would somehow alleviate the emotional pain.

“How about Aika?” You asked.

“She’ll be alright.” Jin stood up and stretched his arms in front of you.

You shoved his arms and got up hastily and walked to the car and sat at the passenger’s seat, leaving an astounded and embarrassed Jin outside.

Once Jin entered the car, he started the ignition and drove off the street.

You leaned your head on the window throughout the ride. While the silence deafened Jin, he opened the stereo and it played EXO’s Overdose.

You grunted, turning off the stereo as soon as you realized the song will remind you of Jongin. Jongin dancing, Jongin rapping, Jongin singing. You closed your eyes as the thoughts of him in the stage; his performances that didn’t fail you.

Oh, Jongin.

It was late to realize that you were already crying, and Jin had held out a handkerchief at you.

Rapidly, you grabbed it from his hand and sneezed.

“Sorry.” Jin gulped.

“Nah.” You groaned and buried your head in your palms as you felt more estranged with Jin. This is not the way you used to know him, because he’s not the concerned one. He’s the conceited one.

After a few minutes you decided to go back to your normal self and acted like as if nothing bad happened to you.

“Where are we going?” You studied the place. “We didn’t pass by these big horse statues earlier!” You pointed at it as the car passed.

Jin took a glimpse of you and faked a gasp. “Uh-oh I lost the track.”

You gasped in horrid, slithering backwards against your seat. “Are you serious?!”

Jin exchanged his attention from you to the road. “Um…I am sure. Hundred percent on that.”

“You liar, you did this on purpose! Get me out of this car!” You shouted, pushing him with your arms.

“Whoa!” Jin exclaimed as the car swiveled to the right. “Are you actually out of your mind?! We could have died!”

“I’m calling Aika.” You sighed and got out your phone and dialed her.

“Aika!” You said, exasperated. “We’re lost!”

“What? I remember Jongin said he knows the whole place.” Aika answered back.

“I knew he’s a liar! Okay bye.” You huffed and pressed end.

“You. Freaking. Liar!” You clenched your fists that were ready to land on Jin’s cheeks. The day was already ruined and the bastard is adding up to the pain. You were beyond mad.

“I’m not lying…” He trailed off and whistled.

“For Pete’s sake your brother said you know the place well!” You yelled.

Jin massages his temples with one hand. “You’re stressing me. Okay, I admit it, I’m going to take you somewhere. Now tape your mouth.”

“You could have told me earlier to avoid arguing. To where?” You pouted, feeling grumpy.

Jin chuckled. “Somewhere you could unwind and let out your feelings. Someplace I wish you could let me understand.” He patted your head, keeping his attention on the road.