Chapter 8: Who?

The Real Him

Mom and Dad said they will be back in a week but it’s been over a month and yet still no call. I was getting worried. Worried they are in trouble or worse, dead. I always keep my phone next to me just in case it goes off anytime soon.

But I noticed something, Baekhyun doesn’t seem to care. It’s either that or in front of me he acts like he doesn’t care. I’ll ask him if he got a call yet from anyone but he will just shake his head.

He himself isn’t normal though. I keep hearing girls voices in the house or even worse, I hear them crying or yelling. I don’t know what the hell he is doing to them but I don’t like it one bit. Not only that, he leaves the house without telling me where he is going and comes back home late at night, sometimes drunk.

I don’t think I ever had a talk with him for a while now. If I ask him if we can talk he will say he is busy and leave the house.

No one’s home. It’s usually only me but I sometimes bring the guys over because I get scared or really bored. But today, I somehow got Baekhyun to stay with me for a while. “So, what is it that you were begging to talk about?” He said in a slight annoyed voice. I start to play with my fingers and bit the bottom of my lip.

“Just… I miss talking to you and there something I just want to talk about with you.” He nods his head and I go on, “Are you sure you don’t know anything about mom and dad?”

He glared at me as I jumped a little in my spot. “I told you, I don’t know anything about them. If they didn’t call you, you think they will call me?” He seemed annoyed. But why?

“Well, you are there son. Of course they will care about you more than they care about me.” He laughed but before he can say anything my phone went off.

Quickly looking at the ID it was mom. I gave Baekhyun a look and he got up from his spot moving closer to me as I answered the phone.

“MOM!”

“Hey baby girl, how’s everything?”

“Good. Where are you though? When will you be coming back?” There was silence in the other end before I heard movement.

“I don’t think we will be back for a long time. I mean, long time. Don’t worry about us but I just want to say a few things to you before we stop talking,” My mind went blank and before I can ask why we would stop talking she kept going, “Be safe. I’m telling you this because I love and care for you. Don’t worry about us but once you have the time, you should run as well.”

“What are you talking about?”

“We miss you. Be careful. I love you.” Before I can ask anything else she hung up on me and I stared at my phone confused.

“Do you know why she’s saying to be safe?” I asked Baekhyun who was standing next to me with his hands in his pocket. “I have no clue.” I let out a sigh as his phone went off this time. He took out his phone from his pocket and I think a saw, Kris?

“Hey. Yup, I’ll be there in a few. Ok thanks see ya there.” Without saying anything he just left me in the house all by myself, again.

 

“Can we please go to the club? Please!!??” Luhan, again, was begging to go to the club. For a while now actually all he wants to do is go to the club but even when we tell him to go alone he would refuse to go.

“Did you ask Baekhyun if he wanted to come?” I asked the boys.

“We tried calling him but he’s not answering like always.” I let out a sigh, what is up with him lately?

“Who cares we can go with the five of us! Come on!” Kai gets up first off the ground and soon we all rise and head to the nearest club.

This was only my second time going and to tell the truth, I was nervous. The first time I went wasn’t so bad because I was with Baekhyun and he protected me whenever I stranger try making a move but this time was different. He isn't here.

"Don't worry, I’ll act like your boyfriend so you don’t have to worry about anyone flirting with you.” I look up at Kai who smiled at me. I smiled back at him and soon felt our hands link. My eyes widen but I didn’t pull back.

We entered the club, there was not a lot of people but there was enough that the employees were all over the place running table to table. We took a seat and I sat on the edge. Kai told me to go in but I didn’t want to, I hate being in the inside.

I looked around and some people were drunk. A few were literally eating each other’s faces and some were about to actually go all the way. I get shivers down my back. A few girls who seem like they work here came up to us. All they had on was a bikini.

I look at the boys and see Luhan drool at the sight. “Looked like you guys were bored. Want us to entertain you?” They smirked but before they can make a show Xiumin spoke, “Uh no we are fine.”

They left glaring at Xiumin but as they walked away they started shaking their a little teasing the boys. “Omg why did you do that Minnie?!”

“Oh come on Luhan get a hold of yourself.” I laugh and point to the two as they kept on fighting.

I looked around the place more, and soon a group of boys came in. They looked familiar but I didn’t know who it was. As they took a seat, then I realize who they were. Baekhyun with Kris’s group.

I froze in my spot, my eyes opened to the size of an owl. I saw a few girls walk up to them, and one sat on Baekhyun's lap. I couldn’t take my eyes off. She started grinding on him but he doesn’t seem like he hated it. After a while, they kissed. My mouth dropped as I watched them. His hands were roaming all over her body but before I can watch any farther I felt someone tap my shoulder.

“Hey pretty, mind a dance?” Not in my right state of mind I didn’t say anything and let myself get bragged onto the dance floor.

I took glimpse at Baekhyun's side, but all I see was him kissing the girl and more girls around the table. I felt my blood boil, not cause I was jealous but because of something else. Betrayal?

“You’re really pretty you know that? Do you have a boyfriend? If not, how about I be your new lover and maybe every night you can stop by my house.” He leaned closer to my face as I just stayed there in shock. Before he can do anything, I felt myself being yanked away. “I’m sorry but she’s taken. Here is a gift for messing with my girl.” Kai punched him right in the jaw as I stared not knowing what to do.

He dragged me back to the table and I didn’t know how to react. “You want to leave? I’ll tell the others.” He whispered in my ear before we got up and left. Once we were outside he sat me down on the bench just a few blocks down from the club. “Are you ok?”

I felt him touch my face and we made eye contact. “I-I’m fine just… shocked.”

“Did you see him?” I looked at him with wide eyes.

“You know who I’m talking about. Baekhyun. He was there with the bastards.” I looked down on the floor, not knowing what to say. “Today must been a long day. I’ll take you home-“ I grabbed his wrist and violently shook my head.

“N-no I d-don’t want to go home.” Feeling myself tearing up as I brought my legs closer to myself, wrapping my arms around and laid my head as I tried to calm my breathing.

“Byul, Son Byul look at me.” I look at Kai as we stay in silence. He leaned closer to me gently touching my face. He leaned in closer and closer, until our lips met. I didn’t pull away, I felt him tilt his head and I closed my eyes as well. He pulled away as he looked deeply into my eyes,

“I love you."