Chapter 17: The Real Him(LAST CHAPTER)

The Real Him

It’s dark. I don’t know my way out of here.

“Kai… Sehun…” I yell out loud hoping to get an answer.

There’s a door in front of me. Without a second thought, I open it but froze when I see Baekhyun and Kris gang surrounding a boy.

“Where is she?” Baekhyun says poking the guy in the stomach with something pointy. He doesn’t answer but stares at him straight in the eye, like he’s not scared.

“Not scared? I can see your strong, but you won’t be when you don’t tell us where you sister is.” Baekhyun says, smirking as he sees the boys face change from strong to weak and scared in seconds.

“Th-that’s none of your concern.” The boy said back spitting on his face.

My eyes widen in fear and shock when I see the guy coughing out blood. He gags, and grabs onto the knife in his stomach. He falls on the floor, not even able to cry because the pain was unbearable. Baekhyun and his friends were laughing at him, giving him kicks every here and there making the guy lose blood faster before he completely loses strength and dies.

I didn’t even realize the tears on my face until I sniffle getting their attention. Everyone seems surprised to see me there except Baekhyun. He walks over to me as I moved back each time.

“What the hell happened to you?” What happened to my old friend?

“Why are you doing this?” What’s the reason?

“Who… who are you?” My back hits the wall and he was right in front of my face this time. One hand on the wall next to my head the other in his pocket.

A smirk appeared on his face. His next word makes me freeze. His eyes show nothing but hate.

“Me? Your worst nightmare. Run away or that might happen to you.”

--------------------

I wake up panting from the nightmare. I can feel my body in extreme pain and I cry out harder when I remember what happened last night. The dream felt so real, like he won’t be afraid to kill me with his own hands.

I sit up, but scream from the pain. Kris, bed, alcohol, friends, Baekhyun… Baekhyun was the reason for all this and I couldn't be more disgusted in my life. I can still feel Kris hands on my body, I can hear my own screams begging him to stop but he didn’t and what did Baekhyun do?

Nothing. He just watched me get .

“Don’t cry Byul. Please don’t cry.” Kai voice was shaky as if he was crying right now as well. I push Kai off of me, crawling towards the corner of the bed and hugging myself, crying out louder. “Don’t touch me. Don’t get near me!” I yell and cry more. I can feel my heart shatter into pieces at the thought of Baekhyun just watching and not doing anything, the boys on the floor struggling to help. My throats dry but I didn’t care.

“Calm down Byul. It’s me, Kai and Sehun so please... stop crying.” The bed dips as a pair of arms wrap around me. I squirm, punching him in the chest yelling to get off of me but I soon losoe strength and just cry onto his chest.

“Why? Why do I have to go through this? I don’t want to be here anymore! Please, please bring me back to my old life. I can’t live like this anymore.” I whisper to myself, and cry like there was no tomorrow.

Another pair of arms wraps around me and I cling onto the person. My head was throbbing, body was weak and my throat was burning. “Calm down Byul. No one’s going to ever hurt you again. We can run away so Baekhyun won’t ever hurt us. Luhan and Xiumin will come with us. Let’s go somewhere else to live, away from this hell hole.”

The door downstairs is slammed open and my cries stop from fear. Footstep sounds were coming up the stairs and the closer it gets, the more I try not to make a sound. It sounds like what my parents do when they were mad or angry after work. Slam the door, and walk up the stairs as I always mentally prepare myself for what’s going to come next.

“Byul.”

By the door, someone calls my name and I know just as well that it’s Baekhyun. I don’t want to see him ever again. He lied to me, I thought we can get him back but I guess it was all just a dream.

“Don’t get near her.” A pair of arms loosens it’s grip on me and I whine from the loss of contact. Sehun walks away and I hold onto Kai harder, shoving my face into his neck this time. “Can I talk to her?”

“No. Not after what you did to her. You monster, because of you she almost killed herself. Don’t you ever realize what the you are doing to her?” Sehun was literally whispering everything.

“I’m sorry.” The room was quiet and then an echo of a punch was heard. I closed my eyes tightly, my grip on Kai tightening. “I don’t give a ; it’s too late to apologize now.”

“I want to talk to Byul.”

“No, don’t even say a word to her.”

“Byul, I’m sorry for everything but I won’t come back.” My heart clenched, “I’m not that Baekhyun anymore and I don’t want to hurt you anymore. Before I can do anything more to you, leave. Leave this area and never come back. Take Luhan and Xiumin with you because if you don’t then someone would probably hurt them. I’m sorry one last time and please, leave.”

I hear the footsteps heading the opposite direction from the room, down the stairs and when the main door closed, I cried again.

I couldn’t hear anything, my mind clouded with thoughts of Baekhyun. How can I be so stupid? He changed, he changed for good. There was no need of saving him, he made up his mind and he’s ready to attack anytime soon.

“Let’s get out of this hell hole. Call Xiumin and Luhan to meet us at the airport. Let’s move, I can’t live here anymore.”

 

Xiumin and Luhan were waiting on their phones. When they looked up they smiled at us, as we all gathered and hugged each other.

“It’s been so long since we seen you guys.” Xiumin told us when we were getting ready to enter the plane. “Feels like forever.” We all laugh, missing these moments when everything was just perfect. “You’ve guys lost so much weight!” Luhan tells us. I look at the two boys and realize that they did lose a lot of weight. I felt guilty for putting them through all my troubles.

“Hey, don’t worry about it, nothings your fault. Were in this together remember that.” I smiled as Kai gave me a kiss on the lips. I looked around the airport one last time. It was finally the day to leave, my home. I never expected this day to come so quickly and I always thought I was going to leave with the six of us together.

I frowned when I see someone in all black stare to me but then I realized it was Baekhyun. There was a sad smile on his face and I sadly smiled back. No matter what he did or how bad he treated me, we were still friends at some point in our lives. My phone rings and when I open it, it was a text from Baekhyun. I look up to see him not there anymore.

Baekhyun: Goodbye to the 5 of you.

When we all got settled in our seats I stared out the window. I sat with Kai and Sehun as Xiumin and Luhan were behind us.

“You think we will ever see him again?” I asked still not taking my eyes off the airplane window. I felt Kai link hands with me but I didn’t pull back.

“I don’t think you will ever meet him again.” I turn my head to the back now facing Xiumin and Luhan.

“Why?” I asked looking at Sehun.

“Cause that’s the real him."