Chapter 12: Brain wash

The Real Him

Beeping of a machine was heard… I can feel someone holding my hand. Where am I?

Twitching my finger I heard the door open and the touch went away. Slowly opening my eyes I saw people surrounding me. Who are they?

I stared straight as the doctor did a few tests on me and asked a few questions as he helped me sit up. “Do you remember anyone?” He pointed to the people who were in the room. No one looked familiar so I shook my head.

“Y-you don’t remember me Byul?” Someone with thick lips asked me. He looked like he was about to cry and I don’t want anyone I don’t know to cry.

I just shook my head and he looked terrified. The guy next to him asked me the same question and I just shook my head again.

“Umm… Byul are you sure you don’t remember them?” The doctor asked again and I just shook my head.

There was silence until the doctor clicked his pen and gave the board to the nurse. “Well it seems like she doesn’t remember anyone. We are going to run a few tests on her. I hope none of you guys mind.” The question was more of a statement if you ask me. I saw the two boys nod their head and I was pulled out of the room.

They did a few weird tests on me. I feel perfectly fine if you ask me.

Once it was over they took me back to the same room but this time they left me with the two boys. They stared at me and I was getting uncomfortable. The one with the thick lips looked so broken and tired. The other one kept patting his back but he also looked tired but more confused than broken.

“What are your names?” I asked them. Both eyes stared at me as I jumped in my spot a little. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to sound-“

“I’m Jongin or Kai. I’m your-“ I waited for him to finish his sentence but the other dude next to him covered his mouth. “I’m Sehun.” I nodded my head letting the awkward silence filling the air. I know I didn’t do anything but I felt so tired and weak.

The door opened and the doctor came in as the nurse closed the door behind him.

“From the tests we just did it seems like she is traumatized pretty badly. From her week of being in coma she doesn’t remember anyone or anything. It might take her a while to recognize who you guys are or if anything she won’t remember any of you. Take her to the places you guys went to a lot and maybe that can refresh her mind a little.”

I looked at the doctor then at the two boys and they both looked surprised. Kai or Jongin had tears in his eyes and Sehun just froze. “Um… is there something wrong?” I asked the boys.

They didn’t turn their heads and the doctor wrote something on the clipboard.

“She will be able to leave the hospital tomorrow. Don’t throw her too many questions or anything. Her body still lacks a lot of blood so make sure you give her the right foods to eat.”

He left the room and I looked down at my arms. They were bandaged up pretty badly and when I tried moving my arm it hurt. I let out a small cry causing the Jongin dude to look me right away. “Are you ok Byul? Does your arm hurt?” He slowly touched my arm but I just stared at his face. “What?”

“How do we know each other?” I saw Sehun look at Kai and Kai looked at me straight in the eye. “Just… some close friends that you known since little.” I smiled at him and for the first time I saw Kai smile as well. I felt my head start to hurt and my eyelids coming heavier.

“Do you mind if I sleep a little?” I asked trying not to sound rude. Before anyone can answer it, I as pushed down on the bed as Kai tucked me in. He kissed me on the forehead but I didn’t flinch away.

 

Just like the doctor said yesterday, I was allowed to leave the hospital. I got in the car with the two boys.

“Are you guys driving me home?” I saw both of them tense up and no one answered my question as they just drove off.

After 30 minutes or so we came to a stop in front of a white house. “We are here Byul.” Sehun opened the door for me as I smiled at him and got out the car.

“Wow…. Who lives here?” I asked and saw Kai go open the door first.

“This is Kai’s house. Don’t you remember? We use to play ball here in the streets together with Bae-“

“Guys hurry!”

Before he can finish his sentence we both entered the house. It was nice and clean. There were a few papers on the table and the shoes were messy but besides that everything seemed very clean and organized.

“Hello guys- oh hello Byul!”

“Hello Mr. and Mrs.- I’m sorry but I don’t remember your last names.” They both looked surprised as they looked at Kai then back at me. He grabbed both their arms and took them to, what I’m guessing is the kitchen. “Let’s go upstairs.” Sehun grabbed my wrist as I pulled away. I saw his face change and I felt bad for doing that. “I’m sorry I didn’t-“

“It’s ok. Follow me lets go upstairs.” Sehun opened the door to one of the rooms and I’m guessing was Kai’s. There was a speaker in the corner, I nice clean bed, a desk with a few papers on it and posters on the walls which looked like dancers.

“Is this Kais room?” I asked sitting on the bed and admiring his room more.

“Yup. This is what you got him for his birthday last year.” He showed me a snow globe with two people holding hands inside. It was so pretty. “Do you know where the bathroom is?” I asked putting the globe down on the desk.

“The first door next to the stairs.” I thanked him before closing the door.

“I know but she doesn’t remember me and I don’t know what to do.” I heard crying from downstairs. The voice sounded like Kais.

“Don’t worry baby she will remember you sometime. You are her boyfriend.”

BOYFRIEND?!

“But the doctor said she might not even remember anything.” Not wanting to hear more I went inside the bathroom thinking about what I just heard.

“How did I end up in the hospital?” I was back in the room sitting on the bed again and looking at the snow globe.

Sehun didn’t answer and when I looked up he looked like he was spacing out. I snapped my fingers in front of him as he blinked a few times before focusing on me again.

“What? I’m sorry I wasn’t listening.” I sighed before staring at the globe again and repeated my question. There was silence again and the door opened with Kai coming in. His eyes were puffy from all that crying down stairs. “Sehun you’re not answering my question.”

“What question?” Kai asked sitting beside me on the bed. Both boys looked at each other as I went back focusing on the globe.

“By any chance, do you remember Baekhyun?” Sehun sounded nervous for some reason but I knew that name anywhere. I saw Kai clench his fist.

“Baekhyun? Yeah of course I do. He’s my best friend.”