Chapter 15: A chance

The Real Him

I woke up in the middle of the night in the living room. I see Kai and Sehun sleeping on the other couches. I moved, but hissed in pain. Tears gathered in my eyes when I remembered what happened.

I look at my side, and saw a big cut. I remember vividly what happened. My memory was back. The boys must of stayed over the night so they can make sure Baekhyun doesn’t do anything stupid again.

I was so scared, no terrified. I never seen him like this before and I was so scared. I wish his parents told me where they were so I can run away with them together. Now I know why they told me to be careful. They saw the change in him.

I don’t get it though. He promised me that he will never change into something bad but yet he did. He told me he wants to give new things a chance but yet he went the wrong way. I wonder if he knows. Does he know who he is turning into?

I ignored the pain and hugged my knees the blanket still wrapped around me. I silently cried so I won’t wake up the others. What did I ever do to deserve this pain? Was a really a worthless friend to him?

The alley scene appeared in my mind and I opened my eyes in fear. I wish I can erase that moment out of my mind but I swear that’s the most clearest anything can ever get. He changed because of me. He never liked me. I was just a piece of furniture to him.

I jumped in shock when I felt arms around my waist. I pushed the person away, shaking, thinking they are going to hurt me like how Baekhyun did.

“It’s just me Byul.” When I heard the person’s voice, I calmed down a little and let him hug me tightly. I buried my face in his chest, letting his arms hug me. His voice was husky from just waking up and his hair was a mess. I smiled and closed my eyes feeling someone comfortable. I was sleepy all of a sudden. “Sleep. I won’t go anywhere. We can sleep like this.” I closed my eyes, taking in his scent and falling asleep.

 

"Don’t touch her.” I heard someone say from the kitchen. I opened my eyes, to see Kai stare down at me. He stayed with me like he said he would last night.

“I just want to say sorry Sehun.” I heard Baekhyun voice, getting shivers down my back. “No don’t get near her you disgusting bastard.”

“Get out this my house I never invited you guys in here anyways!” Baekhyun yelled and I covered myself more into the blanket.

“What got into you Baekhyun? Who the did this to you? I told you from the beginning to watch out of those bastards. You said it yourself you hated them. Why the hell are you-“ I hear glass shatter as I got out of my blanket and sat up directly staring at the kitchen.

“Don’t worry about them.” Kai tells me as he tried to hug me back down but I refused. I wanted to know what the hell is happening but I’m scared to go in myself. Sehun comes storming out of the kitchen, a strip of blood coming out from his forehead and a few on his arms. I gasp in shock, holding my hand over my mouth. He glared at me before leaving the house.

Kai got up and chased him out. I was left alone with the devil.

Gulping, I got off the couch and headed towards the kitchen. Shattered glass was all over the floor and there were a few blood stains on the floor, I’m guessing was Sehuns.

“Baekhyun!” I run up to him and opened his palm. He was grabbing onto a piece of glass, cutting open is palm. I took it out of his hand and threw it away before taking him to the sink and washing his bloody hands.

No one said a word. I focused on washing his hands, trying my best not to remember last night’s, “Byul-ah look-“

I gave him napkins telling him to clean the water off as I went to get the first aid kit. “What?” I said my voice kind of shaky.

“I’m sorry.” I froze for a while before finishing up and putting the first aid kit back. That’s it? He really thinks I’m just going to say it’s ok after he put me through so much pain?

“I-I changed.” I looked at him in the eyes and for a while I saw the Baekhyun that was my friend. He looked broken and lost. “W-why?” Tears gathered in my eyes as I looked at him. It was too painful to see him change like this. After him telling me that he would never become like this, he did.

“I-I don’t know. I just couldn’t help myself. K-Kris threatened me to be in his group. He wanted to destroy Kai and Sehun because well… He hates them.”

“W-why did you go?” I swallowed my saliva, feeling my throat dry up very quickly all of a sudden.

“C-cause he was going to get my family involved. I didn’t want that to happen. I hang out with him and his group for a while and soon I couldn’t control myself. I changed into a bastard who hurts their best friend. I’m sorry, I really am. I need help. I need your help before it’s too late and I have no control over myself anymore. Please Byul, please.”

I saw Baekhyun. I saw him. He was still in that body somewhere. I wanted him back. I was desperate for my best friend back. He was my only family member and I wanted him back. So I was going to help him no matter what it takes. I miss Baekhyun.

“I’ll help if only you try as well.”

He smiled and I swear for a second I saw the cold, heartless Baekhyun. But I could care less. I miss him and I would do anything to get him back.