Chapter 7: Maybe

The Real Him

Living with Baekhyun wasn’t bad at all. His parents were really caring and nice. It felt nice to be here but I still couldn’t help but think of my own parents. Yes, they were bad parents and they treated me so inhuman, but I still can’t help but think about them. They weren’t just random strangers, they were my parents. Without them I wouldn’t be here right now. I sat on my bed holding my phone tightly as I was in a group chat with Kai, Sehun, Xiumin and Luhan.

Sehun: So, have you been observing Baekhyun? Does he act weird?

I thought for a second, looking up at the ceiling and thinking. He has been coming home later than he would of and doesn’t eat at home. Sehun also told me he isn’t hanging out with them either.

Byul: He kind of has been acting differently now that I think about it.

Kai: I told you, he’s been hanging out with those other losers!

Xiumin: I was walking home with Luhan after we were at the PC room and I saw him come out of a club with Lay and Kris.

Byul: Oh seriously? He never told me anything about hanging out with them. BUT I did hear him talk to Lay.

Luhan: Then that’s final, he’s been ditching up for those bastards.

Xiumin: I swear if they are using him for one of their tricks I will cut their balls off.

Sehun: woah there baozi chill.

Kai: I agree I’m with you on that Min!

Byul: Ok, but that doesn’t mean he left you guys. I’m going to go talk to him right now.

Throwing my phone on my bed I get up and wait in front of Baekhyun's room. Lately, I’ve been getting chills down my back whenever I’m in front of his room. This never happened but I can feel a not so safe aura coming out.

Right when I was about to turn the knob, I heard a girls voice from inside. “Oppa, why? What did I do? Did you not like what we did these past few nights?” My eyes widen hearing the girl.

Baekhyun's parents won’t be home for a week but I didn’t expect him to bring a girl over. “Just got sick of you. Don’t you dare tell anyone about this.”

Hearing footsteps, I ran to the bathroom that was just one door down from Baekhyun room. I saw the girl run out, tears running down her face. Once I heard the door close I slowly walked and put myself back in front of his door. “-Yea she just left. Are you sure this is ok? This is so mean I don’t think-“ There was a long pause before I heard him speak again, “-I know ok but to tell the truth it actually feels good. I know right. Well, I got to go thanks Kyungsoo I’ll see you tomorrow at school then. Bye.”

Without thinking about anything I ran to my room and closed the door with a loud slam. Running my hands through my hair I felt myself shaking. Tears gathered in my eyes as I ran towards my bed.

Quickly I opened my phone and saw 20 un-read messages. Too shocked to read anything, I tried writing with my shaky hands.

Byul: Oh my gosh…

Sehun: What happened? Did you go to him?

Xiumin: Are you ok?

Luhan: Did something happen?

Before I can answer them my phone was snatched out of my hand. Quickly looking up I saw Baekhyun as he had my phone in his hand.

I saw him look at the front and luckily, the phone was locked. He looked at me and for a second, I was scared but his eyes quickly soften. “Are you ok? Why are you shaking so much? Are your eyes tearing?” I felt myself start shaking more and so much was going in my mind. I wanted to throw questions at him but once I opened my mouth I felt myself take in a breath.

He came closer and hugged me. I hugged him back but something was off. It wasn’t the same as it used to be. I felt him rub circles on my back as he tried to calm me down a little but I couldn’t help myself but shake more. It felt… different in his hold.

“Want to sleep with me tonight? Like the good old times?” He let go and we stared into each other’s eyes. Worry was all over his face but his eyes were telling something different. Half was worry and the other half was... hate?

Not having the voice to speak, we both went into his room and I got under his covers. He went to his desk and closed his computer. Messing with his phone, he looked like he was texting someone. After a few minutes he put his phone down and smiled at me.

Getting comfortable under the covers again we both stared at the ceiling, awkward silence taking over. He moved my head so I was lying on his arm.

“What happened before?” Not taking my eyes off the ceiling I opened my mouth, “Nothing… just thinking about Mom and Dad.”

“Are you sure that was why?” I looked at him finally, “What do you mean?”

“Nothing, never mind. You scared me so much before. I thought you were having some kind of an attack.” I let out a soft chuckle, “Get some rest you must be tired.”

Turning around, I buried my face into his chest as I got comfortable with my arms dangling lazily on his waist. I felt him sniff my hair and kiss the top of my head as I let out another soft chuckle.

Feeling myself slowly start to fall asleep from his humming, I heard him say a word I never heard him say to me in years. I don’t know if he thought I was sleeping but that was the last thing he said until I let myself deep asleep, “Sorry byul…”

Sorry?