Chapter 5: New family

The Real Him

The door was bang opened and it wasn’t someone I wanted to see anymore. Someone I wish never came in my life. “What are you doing?!” He came closer to me as tears were staining more of my face.

“B-Baekhyun….Baekhyun BAEKHYUN HELP ME PLEASE!” I screamed on the phone. My hands and lips were shaking, and I couldn’t think straight anymore. “BYUL, BYUL IM GOING NOW DO-“

Before he said anything my phone was thrown across the room and I was pulled up. I came in eye contact with a monster. His eyes were half opened and half closed, they were red and burning with hate. His breath smelled like alcohol and I couldn’t feel more disgusted. He was breathing on my face, getting closer every second.

“I-I-“

There was no point in finishing my sentence as I was thrown on the floor I screamed in pain. “WHO SAID YOU CAN TALK?!”

The door was kicked open down stairs and I screamed for someone to at least hear me. He locks my door, only leaving the two of us inside. He gave me a creepy look, a smirk that was going to haunt me forever. “You are not going anywhere until I’m done with you.”

He grabbed my two wrists and put them above my head. Tears where staining my face and I was shaking all over.

Banging was heard and I can hear Baekhyun's voice screaming but it was no use. With the little voice I had left I whispered, “P-please…. S-stop… Please…”

Right that moment a hard slap was across my face. I was lost in words, my voice was long gone and I couldn’t say much more. I felt his dirty hands touch all over my body. With the strength I had left, I tried squirming away but my body was aching and his grip was too tight.

Before anything can happen the door was kicked open and 3 police man came rushing in.

Baekhyun quickly came running and pulled me into a deep hug whispering words into my ear. I cried onto his chest and grabbed onto his shirt like my life depended on it. I was a crying mess and I couldn’t stop myself from shaking and choking on my own cries. Opening my eyes slightly, I saw them take my dad out the room. I cried louder and louder my body was aching and soon, everything went black.

 

I was welcomed with a huge headache. Feeling someone hold my hand, I opened my eyes and saw the person who saved my life, Baekhyun. He had bags under his eyes and I couldn’t help but feel guilt run up my body.

“B-baekhyun-ah…. I-I’m-“ Before I could finish my sentence, he surprisingly gave me a hug. I couldn’t return it. My body was aching but he still kept holding me. “B-Byul…. Son Byul… Byul-ah… You don’t know how much you worried me… You’ve been knocked out for 2 days I thought you weren’t going to wake up…” He pulled away as I looked at him with confusion. “You’ve been asleep for 2 days…Everyone was worried about you.”

I looked around the room and saw his parents stare at me with worried eyes as well. Slightly smiling I looked at him straight in the eye and then remembered, mother.

Sitting up right away I could care less about my body. Mother can be just as worse as father can and since she know that I called for help I am-

“Don’t worry about your mother… She’s also going to jail for child abuse. I’m sorry Byul but your parents are both going to be in jail for the rest of their lives.”

I didn’t know what to feel. Happy? Relief? Sad? I was looking at my hands; my feelings were all over the place.

“Hey Byul don’t worry you’re going to be staying at my house for now on. We will take care of you.” I looked at Mr. and Mrs. Byun and they both gave me a smile. I smiled back; relieved I have at least a home to go to.

“Byul omg Byul are you ok?!” To my surprise, I saw Kai and Sehun come running into the room with Luhan and Xiumin following behind. With wide eyes, I looked at Baekhyun as he chuckles at me. “I called them saying that you woke up.”

I was attacked into a tight hug by Kai but slightly whimpered due to the pain. He was pulled off by an angry looking Luhan. “YAH! Can’t you see she is still hurt! Don’t suffocate her!” Giggling, I quickly hugged Luhan to and looked at Sehun. His poker face was still noticeable but I can tell he was worried. I motioned for him to come and when he was close enough, I gave him a big hug as well.

Seeing Xiumin just stare from behind, I pushed Sehun off and motioned for him to come closer so I can give him a hug as well. “Hey, what happened anyway? Baekhyun won’t tell us anything." I looked at Baekhyun with shaky eyes. I wasn’t ready to tell anyone not in this state when it hasn’t even past a week yet.

“She will tell us when she’s comfortable. Right Byul?” Kai had his stupid smile on and I just had the urge to pinch his cheeks so I did. He rubbed it while pouting and I just laugh. For the next few hours we talked and talked and soon I was getting tired.

“Can I sleep? Sorry, just getting a little sleepy.” Mrs. Bun helped me get comfortable on the bed, “Thank you Mrs. Byun.”

“Call us mom and dad.” I just smiled at them, not yet. I’m not ready to call anyone mom or dad. I just closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep now knowing I can sleep comfortably without any worries. I can finally live a normal life.

Right?