Chapter 9: Just a dream

The Real Him

"I love you."

He said to me and all I did was stare back. How am I supposed to respond?

"I-I know your probably like 'What the hell is he talking about' but I really do. I know there are a lot going on in your life right now and I want to help you through it. Remember when you had the bruise on your face? I know what you told me was a lie but I didn’t want to force you to tell me anything. Please Byul if you give me this one chance I promise to make it right." Our foreheads connected and we stared deeply into each others eyes as our hands tangled together.

"O-ok." Was all I said to get another kiss. Do I like him back? Is it right to be doing this?

"Thank you Byul. I promise to do the best I can to be a good boyfriend." I just nodded my head and we stood up together.

I looked around the area hoping no one was watching but then I saw a shadow behind the building. Without Kai noticing I walked towards it but the figure ran away. I don't know what it was or who it was but I’m hoping it was someone I didn’t know.

When I turned around I saw Kai on the other side of the street from me. He went inside the alley and being the curious type I slowly walked closer so I would be able to hear or see what was happening. To my surprise the voice was Sehun. "I thought you were in the club with the others?"

"I was and the other 2 are still there. I can't believe you did that."

"Did what? Confess my love to Byul? You know I love her more than you do."

WHAT??

"That doesn't mean anything. What kind of friend are you? Do you really have the guts to ask her out? What about our friendship? Have you ever thought you confessing would make us break apart?"

"Don't be such a girl Sehun. You know that's not what I meant to do. Do you not know what the hell she's going through lately? Do you really believe everything she says? It's so obvious she is going through so much pain someone needs to be by her side."

"You know what, you Kai. If your love is more important than friends then good bye."

"I know you don't mean it. It's all over your face that nothing you said is what you really feel."

I heard a punch and footsteps coming my way. Running back to the park I sat on the bench waiting for Kai to come back. Looking up I saw Sehun walk away. This is all my fault again.

 

When is it not?

I sighed and my eyes traveled back to the building. Just like before I saw the same shadow. I got chills down my back and slightly jumped when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. It was no one but Kai giving me a forced smile. It seemed like a bruise was about to form and I couldn't help but feel like . "Hey. Let's get going I'll walk you home."

"Where did you go?" I asked out of the blues as we walked down the road to my house. "Nowhere to your concern."

"How is it not my concern when my boyfriend disappeared and came back to what seems like a bruise!" I stopped in my place and Kai turned around. Did I really just say boyfriend? Do I really mean it? But that thought quickly washed away when I saw him smile.

"I promise it’s nothing. Let’s go it’s getting late." He grabbed my hand but I pushed away.

"It doesn’t matter no ones home anyway. I want to know the truth where were you before?!" I asked in a stern voice and it felt my eyes getting wet. Am I crying? I felt his arms wrap around me and I didn’t hesitate to hug him back. I was scared to tell the truth. I didn’t want him to lose his best friend because a worthless me. He doesn't deserve it.

"Dont cry. I promise it’s nothing big. I would never hide anything from you and you shouldn't either." I felt my first tear run down my face but I bit the bottom of my lip so I won't make a sound.

"Do you want me to sleep at your house? Do you want to sleep over at mine?" He pulled away and wiped my tears from my face. "I'll be fine alone. Thank you though."

We walked home in silence our hands tangled tightly. Once we got to my house he hugged me one last time. "Goodnight Byul."

"Night."

Without turning back I walked inside. My hands were shaking slightly and I felt my head start to spin. Deciding to sit on the couch I rubbed my temple trying to calm myself down. Without realizing I fell asleep on the couch thinking about not Kai but Baekhyun.

 

I heard the door open and I slowly opened my eyes and got off the couch. Looking at the time it was 1 in the morning and no one would come home this late besides Baekhyun.

I ran to the door and saw that he was really drunk. "Omg Baekhyun how much did you drink?!" I tried helping him up to his room but he only pushed me away as I stumbled back a little.

"W-who do you think you are dating my friend?" He managed to say as he got closer to me. "W-what do you mean?" I walked back as he kept coming closer.

"Kyungsoo told me. He saw you kissing Kai at the park." I had nowhere to go and he was right in front of me. "Dont act like you don’t know. Are you dating Kai?!" His voice rose but I didn't have the voice to talk back.

I was blown away when I felt a slap on my cheek. Losing balance on my legs I fell to the floor and felt him kick my stomach. I grabbed my cheek and rolled up into a ball.

He promised me he would never hurt me. Is this all a dream?

"Don’t you dare get near me or my friends." His eyes were half closed and opened. I watched him go up the stairs and I still couldn't believe what he just did.

Is that the Baekhyun I use to know?