Chapter 10: Thoughts

The Real Him

I couldn’t sleep late night. There was way too many things going in my mind I think I might go insane. Why would he do that? I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I hugged my knees tighter. My body tensed and I kept looking straight forward.

“Byul? Is that you?” His voice was rough and low. “Y-yea.” My voice stuttered out. I still didn’t turn my head. He was now in front of me as he took a seat on the couch next to me. I didn’t move.

“Look, I’m sorry for last night as you can see I was really drunk.” I slowly turned my head to look at him and I wasn’t so pleased.

He reminded me so much of my parents. They would always hurt me at night and in the morning they would apologize. Half of him really meant it but the other half didn’t. How do I know? That’s exactly how my parents looked at me in the beginning when it first started. To tell the truth, I’m scared right now. Would he turn into my parents after he said he will never hurt me?

“I-it’s ok. I k-know you were drunk.” I got off the couch this time and was about to walk away but I felt him back hug me. I gasped when he pressed onto the bruise on my stomach. It hurt so much but I kept in the whimpers until he pulled me tighter and I let out a low cry.

“A-are you ok?” I heard him slightly stutter. “Y-yea.” My phone rang and I ran out of his hold and got my phone from the stand. To my luck, it was Kai.

“H-hello?” I said as I stared at Baekhyun who was staring at the floor. “Hey Byul. Had a nice night?” His voice was calm. “Y-yea.” I stuttered. “Why are you stuttering? Did something happen?” His voice is laced with fear. “I-I’ll call you back later.” I hung up first before he can. The room was silent as I kept staring at Baekhyun from a distance, his head still down.

“Was that Kai?” He asked. “Y-yea.” One hand was grabbing onto the stand trying to support my legs. “I might have been really drunk but I still remember what happened. Don’t forget on what I told you.” He looked up and his smirk made me freeze. It was now a picture in my head. He walked away and when he was no longer there, my legs finally gave in.

One hand was still holding the stand and the other was on my chest. I can feel my heart beating.

He changed. Or is it just me?

 

School was different today. Sehun has been ignoring Kai and would only say a few things to me. Unlike other times when he would come to my class and pick me up so we can go to class together, he just passes my class as if I don’t exist to him anymore.

One the other hand, Kai has been trying to get as much skin ship as possible. Not that I mind but I don’t want anyone to know. It’s bad enough that Baekhyun and the other people in that group know. In classes we have together Kai would try holding my hand but I would hide it. If he hugged me I would make it into a short hug so no one would think anything beyond friend.

“Are you ok Byul? Ever since this morning you’ve been blanking out a lot.” Kai asked me while holding my hand. No one was outside today and Kai, Xiumin and Luhan wanted to eat outside campus.

“I’m fine but let me ask you this one last time. Where were you that day?” I stared at him waiting for an answer. His face turned from confusion to worry in a matter of seconds. “I told you it was-“

“I know it wasn’t nothing. Tell me what happened. Now.”

“Fine. I saw someone look at us from the alley so I went to go check it out. I don’t know who he was but he kept asking me random questions about who you were. I promise. I’m not lying!” But I knew he was which was driving me nuts. I knew it was Sehun and I knew what they were talking about. Without saying anything I got up and made my way inside the building ignoring the calls from the others.

I washed my face with cold water and looked at myself in the mirror. I was disgusting. My hair was a mess and I can see huge bags forming under my eyes. To other people I might look skinny but to me I was fat.

Splashing water on my face again and again I finally turned off the water and wiped my face. I hate how Kai is lying to me, I hate how Sehun is ignoring Kai because of me and I hate how Baekhyun has been a total lately.

I’ve been hearing girls in the house. Their, , complaining and even yelling. In school I’ve seen so many girls cry because of him.

All this started because of me.

But Baekhyun…. Baekhyun…. Baekhyun….

I don’t know what to say about him. He makes me confused. There are times he treats me like his sister and other times when he treats me like I’m his doll or slave.

What have I done to deserve this? Am I supposed to be happy right now when everyone else is suffering because of me? If I never came into these people's’ lives, would they be suffering like this? Should I just…. go?