Chapter 14: Almost

The Real Him

No one answered my question. They just looked at one another, then at me and rubbed the back of my hands. “Byul-ah… Your parents… Your parents aren’t-“

“I –I want to see my parents. I want to go home. Why can’t I go?” Tears gathered in my eyes and I was shaking again. “Listen to me Byul.” I faced Kai, "Your parents are in jail. You live with Baekhyun. This is the house you live in now. Well, until we settle things.” I looked around the house. It was dark and messy I can tell you that. I few bottles of beer were on the table in the kitchen, eaten food plates weren’t clean and the garbage wasn’t thrown out.

I got up, grabbing onto anything that would help me walk to the kitchen without falling from pain.

The first thing I did was put on the gloves.

“What are you doing?!” Kai stopped me, holding me by my waist but I pushed myself away from his hold and stood straight up. “I have to clean the house. It’s a mess!” A small smile appeared on my face and I the water, starting to clean the dishes.“We will help.”

“No you don’t have-“ Before I can finish he was already throwing the beer cans away. I sighed but smiled again. After I’m done with this I should take a shower and make them all dinner before they leave.

“Thank you guys for helping out!” I tried running to hug them but I stopped midway and held onto my side. I felt something wet on my hands and when I looked at it, there was blood.

“Is everything ok?” I heard Sehun voice and I quickly hid my hand behind my back. “Y-yeah I’m fine. Going to take a shower, don’t leave though I’m going to make you guys dinner.” I walked up the stairs and found my way to a room. It was Baekhyuns, that’s one thing I remembered. His scent was filled in the room and I smiled knowing this is my best friends scent. The smell I slept with when I was younger, and still close to now.

I whimpered from the pain again and looked down at my waist. The bandages were no use and blood started flowing out again. I groaned in annoyance and pain. Realizing I’ve spent too much time thinking and not showering, I quickly looked for my clothes in the drawers.

“Why do you think he had a pocket knife? There is no point of having one unless –“ There was dead silence as I listened from upstairs after drying my hair.

“He wouldn’t do that. Well at least that’s what I hope. He might have changed but I don’t think he would want to hurt anyone.”

“But he literally stabbed Byul without hesitation as if he’s done it before!”

“Kai, stop thinking stupid things, Baekhyun would never do that.”

“But how do we know. He changed. He’s not that same Baekhyun anymore! How do we know if he’s been doing anything dangerous? It’s not like he comes telling us anything.” I let everything settle in my mind and I heard girls yelling and at the same time. I saw Baekhyun come home late one night and he was drunk. I felt a punch and a kick. I cried and cried.

I closed my eyes and my legs gave in. My head was spinning and throbbing at the same time. My heart was pounding, eyes getting teary. My hands were on my ears, trying to stop the little sounds I heard.

“Byul? Byul?! Son Byul!” I looked up to see Baekhyuns face. I screamed and kicked my legs out not caring who I was hitting.

“Byul calm down it’s me Kai!”

“Don’t get near me. Stop it, stop this noise!” I yelled more frustrated and annoyed.

“What are you talking about?” His voice was calming and sweet but my mind was going crazy.

“Stop the sounds! The , screams, cries, yells stop everything!” Tears were running down my face and when I felt someone wrap their arms around me, that when I felt myself relax.

I cried onto his chest, my hands still covering my ears.”St-stop all of it. I-it hurts.” I whispered, burying my face more into his chest.

“Everything’s ok Byul. No more weird sounds.” One of his hands was placed on my back, the other running through my hair.

“I-I’m sorry. I’ll make you guys’ dinner before you leave.” I got up and made my way down trying not to fall.

“No need to do that. We ordered food.” Sehun lifted the bags he had in both his hands as he lightly smiled.

We all ate in silence; the sound of the TV was the only thing you can hear. We were all in our own train of thoughts; I didn’t even feel like eating. “Eat; you need to so you can get healthier again.” I smiled but pushed his hand away refusing to eat.

“I don’t feel like it.” I tried pulling my legs closer to my chest but I only flinched in the tightness. Blood started to seep out again and I cursed under my breath. “I’ll be bac-“

“You’re not going anywhere.” Kai showed up with the first aid kit. My eyes widen but I thanked him and let him do the work.

He told me to lie down so I did. I covered my face in the pillow as he slightly lifted my shirt to see the wound. It wasn’t deep but it’s still big enough to lose a lot of blood and take a while to heal. “This is going to sting a little.” My mind froze. I heard someone say that to me before.

My mind was going back in forth. From a bed to first aid kit. To see Baekhyun's hand touching my face and the other hand holding mine. “This is going to sting a little, hold my hand.” Tears gathered in my eyes but I was covering my face so no one saw. The scene was so vivid in my mind. Sehun held my hand and I made no effort to move away.

“Baekhyun... You bastard.” Kai said out of the blues.

“No really Sherlock.” Sehun said earning a glare from Kai. I laughed at both of them but stopped when I felt a slight pull on my wound. We talked for the next few hours. I asked questions, and the boys would answer them to their best ability but whatever they say, I couldn’t really remember anything which frustrated me a lot.

“It’s getting late; you should get home before your parents worry.” I tell them both. I don’t want them to get in trouble.

“Our parents know were at your house they don’t mind.”

“Are you sure? I mean it’s past midnight and-“

Before I can finish the door was pushed opened and a loud thud followed by a scream from a girl was heard. I sharply turn to see Baekhyun kissing her all over the place. She was trying to push him off, but he was stronger. I froze in my spot, my mouth slightly opened but nothing coming out. I felt eyes on me but I didn’t care all I saw was Baekhyun hurting a women.

2 guys came in and pulled Baekhyun off the girl. They held him back, and 2 other people came in and got the girl out of the house. Baekhyun was drunk. His eyes were barely opened and he was breathing through his mouth.

“Baekhyun calm the down!” One of the guys holding onto Baekhyun yelled at him.

The other guys slapped Baekhyun across the face. A loud slap was echoed through the house and I covered my mouth in shock. Baekhyun was still drunk though, not focusing on anything.

We made direct eye contact and time felt like it stopped. His eyes were red, probably from the amount he drank, and he smirked at me. He pushed his friends away with all his strength causing them to stumble back a little.

He pushed me off the couch and I landed back flat down on the floor. I groaned from the sudden pain but my eyes widen from shock when I felt lips on mine. I didn’t blink, I couldn’t make a sound. I was slowly losing air in my lungs but before I completely loss it he let go.

We stared into each other’s eyes and that’s when all my memories came back to me. My parents abusing me, when Baekhyun came to saved me, when he would always help me when I was hurt, my dad telling me not to hang out with Baekhyun anymore, in the park when Kai confessed, the fight kai and Sehun had over me, Kai and Baekhyun alley talk… everything came to me in one blow and I felt really dizzy. Everything was starting to blur out but one thing that caught my eyes were the lust in Baekhyun eyes.

He looked like he was ready to do anything. I felt the chills up my spin but when I tried moving away I felt my sides open again. He was still on top of me and I thought I was going to faint. He kissed me again, pinning my hands above my head. I was trying to breathe in air and pull him off but I was shaking too much I couldn’t.

After what felt like hours, he was yanked off by an angry looking Kai. My boyfriend.

I cried, not able to move my body anymore. I saw Kyungsoo and Kris pulling Baekhyun up and taking him up to his room. I was shaking all over again. I felt my wound reopen, my head spinning, body aching from pain.

“Byul, Byul are you ok? Keep your eyes open! Don’t close them!” I felt myself laying my head on his lap and he began looking all over my body to find any wounds. I grabbed his hands and he stopped all movement. There was silence for a while. I smiled at him, “My boyfriend.” I said quickly. His eyes grew wide.

“W-what?”

“I-I remember.” I whispered quietly. There was yelling coming from upstairs, probably Baekhyun and his friends. Sehun must have got involved since I didn’t feel anyone else’s presence except Kais.

“B-Byul.” He touched my face and I leaned into the touch. I screamed from the sudden movement and closed my eyes trying to get rid of it. I lost his touch and he let go of me, probably to get the first aid kit. I breathed in heavily; trying to focus on what the hell just happened to me.

I was attacked by my best friend. I could no longer see clearly as my eye vision was blurring out. I let out a scream from the feeling of liquid on the wound and my eyes closed completely shut.