Pursuing her dream

Finding the Missing Pieces

Donghae

I sat on the ground to the hallway of the hospital, tightly holding my hands together.

How could she forget me? It's only been 5 months....

"Hyung!" Jaejoong ran to me with a drink in his hand.

"Here have this," He handed me a bottle of ice coffee.

"What did the doctor say..?" I suddenly asked.

"Oh yeah," He paused, catching his breath, "He said that the accident caused Miyoung to get amnesia..."

"Amnesia?!" 

"Yeah..." He mumbled, leaning against the wall, "He said that the impact the impact that the car had when it clashes into her head; really effected her brain--"

"--Then how come she remembered everyone else except me?..."

"I don't know--"

"Can you find out for me, please?"

"What? Why?"

"Please? I came to the hospital for you, the least you can do is find out why she'd forget me..."

"Aigoo, sure. But why only me? Its not fair--"

"Hey, life isn't fair. You just have to deal with it," I laughed. "But hyung--" All of a sudden, my phone began to ring. 'Yoona' "Sorry man, I have to take this call."

I stuck my tongue out and answered, "Yoona~"

"Oppa..."

"What's the matter?"

"Meet me at the park, please. We have to talk."

"Oh... Uhm, okay. I'll be there in a few."

"Okay... Bye..."

"Bye--" Before I could complete my sentence, she hung up on me.

"Are you seriously leaving me here to do all of the research?" He frowned. "Yeah." I laughed, "I'll be right back."

"Sure..." He whined.

I hurriedly ran out of the hospital and found Yoona sitting on a bench at the park. "Oppa~" She stood up and ran to me as I tried to catch breath.

"What--what happened?" I gasped for air.

"We need to talk..." She grabbed me by the hand and sat me down on the bench while she stood in front of me.

"What's wrong?" "Well," she paused, "Remember how I've always wanted to become an actress ever since we were children?"

"Yeah... What's up?"

"Uhm... Well..."

"What?" "A couple of weeks ago, I auditioned for a role in a drama... And... I made it."

I quickly stood up with a smile, "That's great! I'm so happy for you!" I pulled her in for a hug and tightly embraced her.

"But.." She paused, "I'll be leaving to Europe to film it for two years--"

"Awww, when?"

"Today..." She mumbled.

"... What?"

"I'll be leaving for Europe today.."

"What?!" I quickly let go of her and fell back onto the bench

. She tightly held both of her hands together, "I'm sorry oppa... I was looking for the best time to tell you but you just seemed so happy... I didn't want to hurt you..." Without any expression on my face, I sat there on the bench, looking at the ground.

"So I guess this is goodbye..." She softly mumbled to me. Slowly, she leaned forward, giving me a kiss on the cheek. I didn't bother to look at her, my heart was hurting.

"Goodbye oppa.." She softly cried. I watched as she walked away, in tears.

"Good bye, Yoona..." I mumbled. 

It's only been 5 minutes, yet already, my heart hurts. 

I sat there for a couple of minutes until my phone rang.

"Hyung," Jaejoong said.

"Yeah.." I mumbled.

"I found out the reason why Miyoung forgot--"

"I don't want to hear about it."

"But hyung--"

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and threw it in the grass. 

So many emotions ran through me.

Damnit. 

Yoona's gone. 

-----

After sitting on the bench with emptiness for an hour, I finally stood up and grabbed my phone.

Without thinking, I dialed in Jaejoong's number.

"Oh hyung." He answered.

"Yeah..." I mumbled, "What about Miyoung?..."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

"Okay.... Well I found an article saying that whatever is running through the persons mind, or is bothering them will be forgotten." 

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"When Miyoung got into the accident, she was thinking mostly about you."

My eyes widened.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah..."

"So I'm the only one forgotten?"

"Nope, I really don't know. There might be a few more other people who were forgotten. But it looks like your the only one..."

"Damn. What do I do now?"

"Just go along with it."

"Why?"

"Because slolwy, she'll regain her memory. You can't force the truth on her. If you do, you'll hurt her brain."

"Aish..."

"So what are you doing right now?"

"I'm just at the park..."

"Can you come over at the hospital now?"

"Uhm," I stuttered, "Yeah... Sure." 

I slowly walked to the hospital, each step I took was painful.

When I finally arrived, I sat down on the bench in front of the hopital and looked up at the sky; thinking about my childhood memories with Yoona.

My hands tightly gripped together when I thought about how's she'd be gone for 2 years. 

Damnit. I've waited 7 years to finally see her. But another 2 years? 

Suddenly, I could hear someone's footsteps behind me. 

I turned to see who it was and it ended up to be Miyoung; still wearing her hospital gown.

What--- Why is she outside? Isn't she supposed to be in her room?

She walked right pass me and looked up at the sky.

Oh whatever.

I closed my eyes and thought about Yoona, but I'd somehow always end up thinking about how she'd be gone.

"DAMNIT!" I yelled aloud, startling Miyoung.

"What's the matter?" She'd say, walking up to me.

"Nothing.." I grumbled.

"It's okay," She giggled, "You don't have to tell me." 

She cheerfully skipped around and took a seat by me.

We both sat there in silence. 

"Excuse me," She smiled, "What's your name? I saw you earilier today but I didn't catch your name yet--"

"Don't you already--" I stopped myself from completing the sentence. Damnit, that's right, I'm not supposed to remind her. 

"My name is Lee Donghae," I mumbled.

"Oh nice to meet you," She smiled, grabbing one of my hands, "I'm Hwang Miyoung!"

"Errhm..." I mumbled, flicking her hand off of mine, "Nice to meet you too..."

"If you don't mind me asking, were you one of my friends before the accident?"

She knows about her amnesia?

"Uhm," I stuttered, "Yeah-- Yeah, I was!"

"Oh great," She smiled, "Yay! I'm slolwy remembering my past!"

If she only knew.

"Yeah," I fakily smiled, "Yeah."

Damnit, this is going to be tough on me.

If only I could tell her....