Pig disaster

Finding the Missing Pieces

Miyoung

It's been 2 months since school started and already, it feels like I've been here forever. Not much has happened though; Donghae and Yoona were always together and slowly my heart felt like it was being ripped apart from all the jealousy I held in. But Yoona isn't such a bad person. Her and I have really become good friends over the couple of months. She has a warm heart and a sincere way of looking at the world. I quite envy her for that.

Do I hate her? No, I don't. In fact, I admire her. She's really pretty and has a warm heart to go along with it. She's the total package. 

"Unnie~~ Snap out of it~"  "Oh--" I mumbled, "Oh hey Yoona."

"Why are you here at this table alone? Shoudn't you be with Wooyoung and the others?"

"Uhm-- Yeah, I should get going," I stuttered.... "Hey--" 

"Yes?" She smiled. 

"Uhm-- Nevermind..."

"It's okay, I always have an open ear for anything~" She giggled.

"Well..." I mumbled, "Can you tell me more about Donghae? Or whatever, it's okay. Nevermind."

Her eyes widened, "Ah, are you falling for him as well?" She smiled.

"What?!" I blushed, "No~~ I'm just curious..."

"Well... Where should I start?" She giggled, "Donghae... Lee Donghae..." She paused... "When we were young, it was natural for him to show his kind heart to everyone. He'd always protect me and that made me fall for him. On one snowy day, he confessed his love for me and that he'd never let anything get in his way.... But on that very day, when the moon was out, his mom got into a severe car accident and died shortly after. Ever since that day, it was like his whole world had become black. He'd reject everyone and he always wanted to be alone. Everyday, I'd try to visit him but he'd tell me to go away... That he hated me and he lied when he said that he loved me." 

I could see saddness in Yoona's eyes.

"A couple of months later, he moved away. This is the first time I've seen his since we were children." 

By the time she finished the sentence, her eyes were full of tears. 

"Oh-- I'm sorry--" I softly mumbled to her, giving her some napkins which were nearby. 

"It's okay," She laughed, "I'm fine now... He's actually turned more sweeter and more nicer.... I wonder-- I wonder if he still likes me."

I smiled and rubbed her head. "You're a nice girl," I said, smiling, "He'd be stupid if he didn't."

From the corner of my eye, I could see Donghae approaching the table where we both sat. 

"Well..." I softly said to her, "I should get going. Donghae's coming, so you'll be fine." I promptly stood up and walked away.

So many things were running through my mind.

Donghae... Damn, he must've been through a lot. So he is actually warm hearted... Maybe, I misjudged him a little too much. Poor Yoona.... I took a quick glance at Donghae as he warmly hugged Yoona, wiping away her tears. If only he'd show me his warm heart... That'd be great. 

"Unnie~" 

"Oh-- Hey Seohyun," I smiled, "What are you doing here by yourself?"

"Kyuhyun oppa walks pass here everyday at lunch," She giggled.

"Woah, you're such a stalker!"

"Shut up, Unnie!" My eyes widened. "Woah, Seohyun, I've never heard you say such mean things before!"

"I'm sorry," She laughed, "Can you just stay here for a while with me until he comes by?"

"Errr- sure~~"

After waiting for about 5 minutes, Kyuhyun began to pass by. "Kyuhyun oppa!!" Seohyun suddenly yelled out. 

"Oh Seohyun," He smiled, approaching us, "What brings you here?" "I prepared some homemade kimbap for you~~~" "Aww, that's so sweet of you!<3~"

Awww~ That's so cute. 

He grabbed her by the hand and they both walked away, leaving me behind. "Aigoo," I mumbled, "I look like an idiot here." 

I began to walk away but then I could hear two familiar voices talking to each other with compassion. I followed the voices and it led me to a random classroom, as I peeked through the window on the door, my eyes widened. 

Taeyeon and Leeteuk were together kissing each other. 

Am I suppose to be watching this...?

I stared for a bit longer but a voice caught me off gaurd. "Miyoung-Ah! I found you! What are you doing?" The voice laughed. I turned around to see Wooyoung there, laughing at me. "Aigoo, you scared me!" I whined. "Aish, I thought you knew better than to watch people making out!" "I'm sorry~~~" "We should get going," He laughed. 

The rest of the day ended pretty weird. Everyone had a partner, all of a sudden. Was this an early Valentine's day? If it was, then I wasn't even notified; So don't blame me if I look off, being the loner I already am. I couldn't sleep all night either; I kept getting nightmares of Donghae, the agony of what he'd been through. I felt sympathy for him and I felt like giving him a hug. But no matter how much I want to, I'll never be able to give him one.  

The next few weeks passed by quickly, every day, I'd stare at him periodically when there was nothing to do. It was like I was falling for him all over again. Is it a crime to fall for someone that my friend sincerely loves? I felt guilt in my heart as I'd notice that Yoona would be also staring at him during class. I feel like an for loving him. Besides, he wasn't as mean this year like he was last year... Could it be because Yoona was here? Probably. 

Aish, my heart hurts. 

"Today in class you guys will be working in a pair of four, you all will be dissecting pigs!" Half of the class made disgusted faces while everyone else became excited. I took a glance at Donghae; who looked like he was excited.

"Mr. Jang?" A student asked aloud, "We're in chemistry, we did this in biology last year!" 

"Yeah, you're point is?" Mr. Jang laughed, "This is just for fun, okay?"

"Do we have to do this?" The student asked. "No you don't, you can just do work on homework from another class and keep yourself busy." "Oh... Okay..." "Well anyways," Mr. Jang continued, "Get in a group of four!" 

Donghae grabbed onto Yoona's wrist. Wooyoung grabbed onto my wrist. While I grabbed onto Yoona's. 

This is our group of 4. 

Oh great. 

We all sat down at a large table. 

There was an awkward silence. 

"Well," Yoona giggled, "Who's going to get the materials?"

"I'll get them," Wooyoung suddenly smiled, "Miyoung, you should come with me and help me~"

"Oh-- Okay~" 

Once we both left, Donghae began to talk to Yoona. Wow. Only now he decides to open up his mouth? As Wooyoung and I both grabbed our materials, I couldn't help but to stare back at the two. 

When we came back with the materials, Donghae suddenly stopped talking. Damnit. 

"Well where shall we begin?" I suggested. 

"The teacher instructed us to just dissect it," She smiled, "So... Let's just dissect it!" As I was about to reach for my cutting untensil, Donghae pushed my hand away and grabbed one for Yoona. 

This is going to be a long day. 

To be honest, the process was sorta fun. But of course, I was pretty much jealous of Yoona because Donghae would always turn to talk to her instead of me. He never once helped me when I needed help, Wooyoung would always be the one who'd help me out. But I didn't think of Wooyoung like that, I mean... He's like a big brother to me. Nothing more than that. 

"15 minutes left class," Mr. Jang announced.

"I'll be right back," Yoona said, "I need to use the restroom~"

"Okay, I'll be waiting," Donghae smiled.

Aigoo.

When she was gone, he never bothered to talk, he'd just continue to dissect the pig. Yeah, it was obvious he liked her.

"I'm back oppa~" She said to him walking up to our table. I stared at both of them with saddened eyes. No, I'm not going to cry. I'm not going to cry.

Wooyoung

I watched Miyoung as she looked down at the table. I could see tears falling down onto the table. 

Miyoung, don't cry. 

I rubbed her back and asked her if she was okay.

Her response, "I'm fine, Wooyoung. Don't worry about me."

How can I not worry about you? 

This is the first time that I've ever seen you cry. It worries me. 

I looked up at Donghae and Yoona as they giggled amongst themselves, then I looked back down at Miyoung, who cried softly. 

No wonder she's crying.

Damn you, Donghae.

Miyoung

The 15 minutes to dissect the pig quickly passed by. I'm horrible at using my time wisely. 

"Everyone, put your utensils and the bucket containing the pieces of your pig, back up to the table." 

"Well, who's going to put it back?" Yoona smiled. 

Donghae suddenly pointed at me. My eyes widened. 

"Don't worry, I'll help you out," Wooyoung smiled. 

We both stood up and gathered the appliances together. 

There was an awkward moment of silence between the two of us.

Wooyoung

Come on, Wooyoung, say something to her! 

I didn't have the nerve to say anything to her...

She carried the bucket of the dead pig pieces while I carried the small appliances; gloves, disecting utensils. Oh no. I should be a gentleman and carry it for her. 

"Miyoung," I said, "Let me carry that for you~" "Oh no, I'm good, but thanks." "Oh..."

Damn, I NEED to carry it for her. She looks like she's struggling with it. "Here let me carry it." I said once more.

"No~~ I'm fine--" "Let me carry it!!!" Like a fool, I forcefully tugged on the bucket. Slowly, the bits and pieces of the dead pig fell onto her, leaving stains of the scarlet colored blood onto her clothes. All the students made an "OOOOOOOHHH" noise.

She must hate me right now. 

Miyoung

AIGOO.

Everyone's staring at me. I looked to see Donghae; who was laughing hysterically at me. This is so humiliating. 

I ran out the door with tears running down my face. 

Wooyoung

I stood there frozen. 

What have I done?

"Hahhaha," Donghae laughed, "That was so funny."

He continued laughing. 

Stop laughing at her.

The laughing continued. 

Stop laughing at her.

"She looked so stup--"

DAMNIT, SHUT UP.

I slammed my hand against the table, startling everyone around me, even Donghae. 

"SHUT UP!!!" I yelled at him. 

Miyoung

I could hear a someone yelling loudly in the classroom.

What's going on in there?

The person continued yelling, I couldn't make out the words, but it almost sounded like that person was defending me. 

Who was that? I took a peek through the window. 

My eyes quickly widened.

Wooyoung angrily yelled at Donghae. 

Tears began to run down my face. 

Is Wooyoung ... Defending me?