Goodbye.

Finding the Missing Pieces

Miyoung

For the past few weeks, I haven't been coming to school. To be honest, I really don't know why.

I don't know why I'm like this either.

What happened to me?

I lost my best friend, my cheerfulness... Why am I so cold hearted and weak now?

 

It's only 8:15pm, what to do; what to do.

I hugged my pillow tightly and stared out the window of my room.

Slowly, a bit of white flakes came falling down from the sky, my eyes soon widened when I realized that it was snowing.

How beautiful.

I put on a thick jacket and ran out of the house in amazement.

Finally, there's a reason for me to smile.

I spun around in circles a couple of times and flopped my body onto the snow covered floor. Snow flakes fell onto my forehead as I looked up at the sky.

Mom, are you up there watching me right now?

I pulled myself off of the ground and a fake smile appeared on my face.

I'm sure she doesn't want to see me sad all of the time.

My feet took a couple of steps forward and stopped when I saw a poster of a missing dog stapled onto a pole.

I analyzed it for a bit and continued walking.

The last time I saw the snow was when my mom passed away.

It sounds familiar doesn't it?

Donghae shares the same pain that I do but yet, we're so different.

I remember that day so clear.

Sometimes, I blame myself for her death. Why was I playing around in the streets in the first place?

I walked pass many homes and watched as little children screamed in excitement because of the snow.

Kids must love the snow.

I know I did when I was younger.

A slight smile appeared on my face.

As I walked a couple of more blocks up, a shadow of a figure stood in the middle of the street ahead.

I squinted my eyes to see who it was but I couldn't make it out.

I quickly walked forward and my eyes widened when I saw a familiar looking little girl standing around in the middle of the street.

"She looks so familiar," I mumbled to myself.

I continued walking, but the little girl worried me.

Why was she playing in the streets at this time of day?

I stopped at where I was and slowly walked back to her.

"Hey!" I yelled out across the street from her.

She continued standing there, as if she didn't even hear me.

"Hey!" I yelled once more.

But yet she couldn't hear me.

"Hey--"

She finally noticed me and a smile appeared on her face.

Her smile reminded me of someone.

"What are you--"

All of a sudden, a car appeared out of no where and was approaching her.

My eyes widened.

Without any hesitation, I ran to her and pushed her out of the way.

But as I did, I realized that she wasn't even there.

Was I just imagining it?

Was that little girl me?

Before I could even get my mind straight, a real car was approaching me.

My body just wouldn't move.

Come on. Come on. Come on.

My memory blanked out right there and then.

----------------

The only things that ran through my mind were the memories of Lee Donghae.

The memories of us becoming phone buddies, how he poured my kimchi all over me; humiliating me, how easily his eyes could pierce right through me, how he slowly broke my heart leaving me weak and fragile.

All of our memories hit me like a force.

Darkness suddenly surrounded me. I looked around but no one was there, there were no trees, no sun, but a bright light shining above me.

Reach for the light.

My hands reached up and tried to grab onto the mysterious light but it slowly began to fade.

I fell to my knees and cried.

Where am I?

"Please remember me. Find the missing pieces, Miyoung"

Donghae? Is that you?

What's going on? All of a sudden, I collapsed and my memory stopped from there.