I'll find you.

Finding the Missing Pieces

Donghae

I ran as fast I could to the hospital.

I didn't care if I missed school.

School wouldn't be the same without Miyoung by my side.

Despite it all, I couldn't help but be worried about her.

Her health.

Her memory.

I knew I shouldn't have left her with Wooyoung.

Damnit.

-------------------------

"Wooyoung!" I yelled out when I noticed him standing outside of the hospital.

When he saw me, he arrogantly looked away and ignored my presence. 

"Yah, Wooyoung!" I yelled out once more, "Don't act like you can't hear me."

"...What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at school?" He finally spoke.

"Yah! Shouldn't you be at school too?!"

"I'm not going to school today."

"Why--?"

"Because I'm here for Miyoung."

"Well then, I won't too."

"Aish." He grumbled under his breath.

"Tell me what happened."

"What--"

"What the hell happened to Miyoung?!"

"She passed out."

"You say it like its nothing--" I grumbled, "Why did she pass out in the first place?"

"We were talking and--" He paused, "Yah. You should go back to school."

"Aish! -- Tell me now!"

"Go back."

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me."

"She said that her head was hurting--And then she fainted."

"You're not going to tell me the whole story, are you?"

"What makes you say that?"

"Aish. Cut the crap already. You're not even giving me the full detail of what happened."

"Why should you care anyway?"

"I have every right to know."

"It doesn't concern you."

"You're just afraid that I'm going to kick your if whatever you told her ruins her memory--"

"Its not that bad--"

"She hasn't been in a hospital ever since her car accident. So tell me , its not so bad?"

"Shut up you little peek squeak--"

"Don't call me that!" 

"Yah! Why don't you just go back to Yoona?!"

My fists instantly tightened.

"Excuse me boys," Someone suddenly said, "Are you the friends of Hwang Miyoung?"

"Oh--Yes." We both said at the same time. It ended up being her doctor.

"I'd like to see you guys for a second." We followed the doctor into the building.

Thank god this doctor came. I was about to pound the crap out of Wooyoung back there.

--------------

Wooyoung and I both took a seat in front of the doctors desk, he sternly looked at us with a dissapointed face.

"Who was with Miyoung at the time when she fainted?" The doctor asked.

"Oh--It was me," Wooyoung stuttered, raising his hand.

"Did you do anything to her that would make her remember her past or remind her of it?"

"No--"

"Tell me the truth."

Before answering back, he took a big gulp of saliva and glanced at me, "Yes, I did." 

"You might've triggered something."

"What do you mean?" I interrupted.

"Whatever your friend told her might cause Miyoung to remember bits of pieces of her past."

"Is she going to remember everything?"

"Sooner or later, but all I know is that she regained some of her memory back."

-----------------------

I walked outside of the hospital with emptiness and found myself flopping onto the bench.

I don't know.

I don't know what I'm going to do.

What if she remembered the bad things I did to her in the past?

I know she wrote that she wouldn't hate me, but I can't help but worry.

Aish... Thanks Wooyoung. 

This .

------------------

 

~ April 12 

 

It's been nearly two months.

Two months that Miyoung's been in the hospital.

It's really been bothering me.

Everyday was a living nightmare; not being able to see her, or how seeing her signature eyesmile...

No matter how much I tried, I couldn't get her out of my mind.

-----------------

It was a Saturday morning when my phone suddenly began ringing. Miyoung, the dog, began to bark when she noticed it going off. 

"I'm coming~" I turned off the television and ran to my room, were my cell phone was.

"Yoboseyo?" I answered.

"Oh, yoboseyo!" A voice sounded, "Is this Lee Donghae?"

"Yup, this is he."

"This is Miyoung's doctor, Park Hyun Su~"

My eyes widened, "Oh-- hi!~~~"

"Hwang Miyoung is awake~"

"She is?!!" I joyfully shouted into the phone.

"Ouch, my ear," He complained, "You can visit her if you'd like~"

".....So can I visit her now?~~~~"

"Uhm," He paused, "Yes. I just said you could .. Aigoo..."

"Ahhh~~~ Thank you so much! I'll be there in a bit!!!!"

I hung the phone up before he couldn't even respond. I was full of joy. 

Aiyaaaaa! Miyoung's awake~~~~~~~~~~ I missed her~~~~~~~~~~

I ran to the hospital as fast as I could.

It's been a while since I've seen her pretty face.

I missed her so much.

-----------------

When I finally arrived, I fixed my hair and tried to look handsome for some odd reason.

But something held me back from opening the door to see her.

I suddenly became afraid.

I remembered the doctor saying that she regained some of her memory.

What will she say?

What if she remembered the bad memories--?

I'll never find out if I don't try.

Right when I was about to turn the door knob handle, familiar voices echoed within the room.

It was Miyoung's and Wooyoung's.

I took a step back and another one.

Damn, Wooyoung.

You're always one step ahead of me. 

 

Wooyoung

"How are you feeling, Miyoung?"

"I'm fine," She mumbled, "And you?"

"Don't worry about me... I'm not important."

"You are."

I took her hand in mine and softly squeezed it, trying not to hurt her weak body.

"Hey." I softly said, "About your past.... The doctor said that you remembered some of it."

"Oh... That's right. I did."

"What--What do you remember?"

"This guy-- Memories-- Friends-- Cell phone..."

"What are you trying to say? ..."

"--I couldn't tell who it was but he and I had so many memories... Someone I cherished. I liked him..."

I swallowed a gulp of my saliva and hesitantly opened my mouth, "Why--Would you say you liked him if you can't even tell who it is?"

"I-- I don't know," She paused, "Something deep down in my heart cherishes him..."

"I see." I mumbled, "What else do you know about him?"

"He didn't like me."

"How do you know?"

She forcefully pulled her hand away from mine and clenched her head, "I really don't know. It's hard to remember everything.... I don't even remember how he looks like-- Or how his voice sounded like. Everything is just faded." She slowly sunk her head into her pillow and mumbled, "I wish I could remember everything. It's as if all of the memories we've created are hidden deep down somewhere. I know he's somewhere out there. But I just can't--"

"Don't worry, Miyoung. You don't have to remember him."

She lifted her head from her pillow and stared at me blankly, "...Did you know who he was?"

"Of course not. I came back from America a couple of months ago, so I wouldn't know who you hung around with back then."

"Oh," She fakily laughed, "That's right. Sorry."

"Anyways, don't worry about remembering whoever that guy was," I gave a charasmatic smirk, "You have me. He lost his chance to be with you."

You're not going to remember him. I won't let you.

I took her hand again and tightly pressed it against my chest.
 
Donghae
 
I lifted my head from my knees when the sound of the door opened. Wooyoung stood in front of me, looking upset. He noticed me, but didn't even bother to acknowlege me. He just walked away, leaving the door to her room open for me to go inside.
 
What happened in there?
 
I lifted myself up from where I comfortably sat and hesitantly walked into the room.
 
Miyoung layed on her bed with a bunch of tubes surrounding her. 
When I looked closley at her features and her surroundings, I quickly looked away and tried to cover my eyes.
Damnit, she looks ill. 
Unhealthy.
Boney.
Miyoung, this isn't you.
You layed on the bed, expressionless, with all of these medical equipment around you.
Bandages covered some of your body parts.
Thick layers of sheets covered you while you illy layed in them.
IV's were hanging all around you.
You look weak. 
You shouldn't be here. 
You should be at your house.
At school.
Anywhere but here.
 
When I was about to open my mouth to say her name and catch her attention, she began to mumble softly to herself.

Her words were so soft that they were all unclear and non-understandable.

I couldn't make out what she was saying, but whatever it was, she kept repeating it to herself-- over and over and over again.

I stood still in front of the doorway trying to make out every word she was saying.

 

My eyes widely opened when I finally caught her words;

 

"Whoever you are...

Wheverever you are...

I'll find you.

I loved you.
 
I know you're out there somewhere.
 
I know you're nearer than I may think.
 
You might even be right in front of me.
 
Even if it may take a lifetime--
 
I'll find you. 
 
I'll find the missing pieces, so that-- 

We can be together."