4 days and unconscious

Finding the Missing Pieces

Miyoung

 

I woke up the next morning, rubbing my eyes, I had a good night sleep but no matter how much I tried, nothing could stop me from thinking about Donghae. I couldn't even keep myself focused on my studies in school because he was running through my mind. It gave me a massive headache.

"Hwang Miyoung!" My eyes widened and I snapped out of it. "Are you okay?" BoA asked me, waving her hand in front of my face. I looked around for a moment, trees surrounded all around me. "Oh-- Sunbaenim, yes, I'm okay..."

How'd I get here? It's already lunch? Aish.

"Fany," Sooyoung laughed, "What were you thinking about? It looked like you were catching flies with your mouth because it was hanging wide open. Aigoo, sometimes I worry about you." "I really... Don't know."

"Hey, do you want to take a walk, Miyoung-Ah?" Taeyeon asked, rubbing my head while slowly standing up. I nodded. We began to walk around the campus.

"Unnie," I mummbled with my head to the ground.

"What is it?"

"Donghae oppa... called me a nerd."

What?! Aish! I'm gonna kill that guy!"

"Unnie! Anio! ~" I whined, with my head still to the ground, "He didn't know that I was the girl who he always talked on the phone."

"Still yet! No one calls my wifey a nerd!"

"Unnie--" Suddenly, it felt as if a huge force had hit me. I bumped into someone. Aigoo. Thats clumsy Miyoung for you. Slowly, my eyes trailed up to see who this person was. My eyes widened and my teeth clenched.

Once again, it was Donghae oppa. I felt as if my whole world had turned black.

His expression of seeing me? A disgusted look.

"Aish! You again?! Look where your going nerd!" He said with a rude attitude, not long afterwards, he marched off.

"Yah!--" Taeyeon yelled out to him. She was starting to march after him but I grabbed her wrist before she could even take another step closer to him. "Aigoo! That guy is really something!"

"It's okay, unnie~" I patted her head. Aigoo, Taeyeon was angry, it's very rare to see her angry.

When I arrived home from school, I recieved a call from Donghae. My heart skipped a beat.

"Ohh-- Yoboseyo?"

"Miyoung-Ah! Hey, what's up?"

"Oh nothing ^^ So uhm, why'd you call out of the blue?"

"Ah, just because I had a bad day."

"Oh really?" My heart pounded. "Uhm-- If you don't mind me asking, what happened today?"

"I don't mind at all! Well-- I just keep seeing a nerdy girl around school--" My eyes widened. I knew he was talking about me. Aish!

"Oh nerdy girl?" I laughed, trying to hold in my whining, "What'd she do?"

"Not to be rude or anything, I keep seeing her around school and she's always looking at me. I don't know, she's not my type!" My heart suddenly stopped.

"Oh I see," I laughed, "Well-- I hope she understands... I have to go now! Uhm-- I'll talk to you later! Uhm-- Bye!" I hung up the phone before he could even respond. Aigoo, this is so embarassing...

The next day, I tried my best to keep away from Donghae and not make it obvious that I'm staring at him. Aish. It was hard. But before I even realized it, the next day came.

I stood outside of the library in the morning, waiting for BoA Sunbaenim to get the book she needed for her class. Not to far away from me was Jaejoong oppa and Donghae. I tried my best not to look at Donghae. But from the corner of my eye, I could see him staring at me. Omo... Why was he staring at me? Ottoke ~ I quickly took a glance at him, but he didn't fidget or anything. His eyes just seemed to pierce right through my soul. I quickly turned to look away, my glasses nearly fell off. Not long after, I took a second glance but yet, he was still staring at me... Coldy.

Music appeared out of nowhere, my eyes widened as I got startled. Aigoo, who's phone is that?

Suddenly Jaejoong oppa, pulled his phone out of his pocket and answered his phone call. It seemed to be an important phone call so he excused himself from Donghae and walked into a nearby door so he could have his privacy.

Donghae and I stood still, it was just us two who were in the hallway. Silence echoed through the hallway. Ottoke ~

"Yah!" His voice suddenly hit me like a tidal wave. My eyes widened. I slowly my head towards his direction. His cold eyes pierced right through me. I couldn't bring myself to spit out words, so I stayed silent. He quickly walked towards me. What's he going to do? Aigoo.

"Don't act like a mute!" He said, coldy to me. I just stood silent and didn't say anything. "Don't act like a fool," He began, "I know you like me!" Ottoke ottoke ottoke. My heart pounded loudly. "I don't like you!" He said loudly that it echoed through the hallway, "Who likes a nerdy looking girl like you?! No one." Tears began to fill my eyes, slowly they fell onto the lenses of my glasses, making it hard for me to see. But all through this, my head remained to the direction of the ground. "So don't think that I'll ever like a girl like you." Those were his last words before marching off. When he disappeared and didn't remain in plain sight, I slowly lifted my head and wiped off the tears in my eyes, cleaning my lenses afterwards.

BoA sunbaenim ran out a few moments later with a couple of book in resting in her hands. "Miyoung! I heard shouting out here! I'm sorry I took so long. Who was that person talking?" She asked, worriedly. "Don't worry about it," I smiled, "I quickly ran off, bumbing into Jaejoong oppa as he came out of a classroom with his cell phone in his left hand. "Miyoung--"

He doesn't mean anything to me. But why am I still crying? I haven't cried ever since my mom passed --

"Miyoung-Ah~" My eyes suddenly opened. Where was I? I looked around for a moment and realized that I was in the nurses office. Why am I here?

"Aigoo, clumsy Miyoung." A voice echoed. "Taeyeon unnie?" "Yes, it's me. Just go back to sleep~ I'll be here." I knocked out not to long after. What happened to me? Did I fall while I was running? I can't remember anything after that. My memory stopped when I ran away. I can't seem to remember anything after. Did I faint?

I woke up to a punch on the arm from one of my friends. Who? I don't know, but I have a feeling that it was Sooyoung.

"Ah~ Fany! Your finally awake! Are you okay now?"

The pain of the punch hurted but I was okay. I nodded, "Uhm-- Hey guys, how'd I end up here?"

"You actually--," The girls suddenly all bursted out into laughter. "What!!!" "Unnie, you actually," Seohyun gigled, "You actually tripped on a pebble and knocked yourself out when you ran off~" "Seriously?!" I asked in a high pitched voice, "But I was indoors at that time. All of a sudden, it hit me, I remembered myself running outside. I facepalmed myself as all the girls laughed. This is so humiliating T-T I thought it'd be a better reason, like I fainted or something, but I caused my own knock out. Aigoo.

We all walked out of the room, the girls all chit-chatted amongst themselves. "So how long was I in the nurses offices?" I suddenly asked Taeyeon, rubbing my head. "Oh--" She giggled... What's so funny now? "You were in there for... 2 days?" I once again facepalmed myself. "2 days?!" I asked, suprised. "Oh wait, let me clarify it." She walked up to the others who were a couple of feet from me and they all began to laugh. Finally, she came back to me, hiding her laugh.

"So it was 2 days?" I curiously asked, hoping it'd be less.

"Nope." She smiled. A huge relief entered my body.

"It was 4 days," she laughed, "Sorry, I was 2 days off."

"WHAT!?"