Valentine's Day

Finding the Missing Pieces

Miyoung

I blinked my eyes twice and realized that yet again, I let time pass by.

Today is February 14. It's not an important day for me, but to many others it is.

It's also known as Valentine's day.

I don't believe in that crap.

Aish.

I walked through the hallway and watched as couples gave each other presents. It made me sad. It made me feel lonely. It reminded me how Donghae and Yoona lived a fairytale come true, while I lived a reocurring nightmare.

They smiled and laughed, while I sat there and cried.

They hugged each other tightly, while I hugged my pillow; trying hard to cry the pain away. But as much as I cried, the pain still remained in my heart. It was uncurable. The only real cure for it was... Love.

Wooyoung

I walked through the hallway with a soft teddy bear in my arms. I warmly embraced it.
Even though I know that Miyoung has no intrest in me, I'm not going to quit, I'll fight the pain and move forward.
I looked at the teddy bear and smiled as it reminded me of my childhood memories.

I flashed back and pictured me at my old beach house. I held the same teddy bear in my arms and thought to myself, 'Today, I'm going to give this bear to Miyoung.' I felt confident. But was that confidence too much? My mom suddenly appear in my room with a worried face. 'What's wrong, omma?' I'd ask. 'Wooyoung, we have to go.' She hugged me and grabbed my hand. If I only knew that I was suppose to go to America, I would've given Miyoung her gift sooner. I didn't even have a chance to say goodbye.

I didn't even have a chance to even give her the gift..

Ever since then, I've kept this precious item; in hopes of one day, finally giving it to her.

I held the teddy bear in my hands as I'd look at it, smiling.

Miyoung, please accept my gift.

Miyoung

I layed my head on the desk, expressionless. Why am I here? Class doesn't start until 20 minutes. What's gotten into me?

I moaned and groaned as I noticed that I was the only one in the classroom.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep.But then all of a sudden, the door suddenly opened. I quickly opened my eyes.

Who is that?

I turned my head to see who it was and it ended up being Wooyoung.

I put my head back down and tried to go back to sleep.

"Miyoung."

"What..."I mumbled.

Wooyoung

"Why are we like this?"

"What do you mean?" She grummbled, not bothering to look at me.

"What ever happened to our friendship?"

....

She paused for a minute and began to turn her head towards my direction.

"What ever happened to our friendship...?" I repeated softly to myself, holding the teddy bear in my hand.

...

I slowly walked up to her and placed the bear on her desk.

She looked at it from where she sat but didn't bother holding it.

"Truth is," I laughed, "I love you."

She quickly looked down and didn't say a word.

"Yeah... I figured you'd act like this if I told you." I smiled.

"Whatever happened to that strong and cheerful Miyoung I used to know?"

"What are you talking about?" She mumbled, coldly.

"I guess she died when Donghae appeared in her life."

Her eyes remained glued to the floor.

"Why do you always let Donghae hurt you?..."

No response.

"I'd always be protecting you, while you only gazed at Donghae. To be quite honest, my heart hurts..." I mumbled.

She quickly looked at me and loudly said, "And you don't think my heart hurts?!"

"Miyoung...."

"For the past year, I've been living in pain! How do you think I feel?!"

"Miyoung..."

"Do you think I like being in this pain?" She cried.

"But what about how I feel?.."

She paused for a moment and cried.

"Stop caring about me..."

"But--"

She stood up and began pounding my chest as tears ran down her cheek, "Stop worrying about me!"

I looked forward, enduring the pain.

"Miyoung...."

"Stop~" She cried, "I'm not a little kid anymore... So you can stop protecting me! I don't need your help!"

"It's because I love you..."

"Why?!" She cried, "Do you feel pity for me?!"

"No--"

"Just stop--" She pounded my chest, "Stop loving me! You're just a friend to me, nothing else! That's all you'll ever be!"

"Miyoung...."

"If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been the laughing stock this year. It's all your fault for why I'm like this!"

"Miyoung..."

"I hate you!" She cried.

My heart suddenly cracked.

"I HATE YOU!"

"IS IT A CRIME TO BE IN LOVE WITH YOU?!" I finally yelled out, tightly grabbing her arms in the air,

Her eyes widened.

"Let go!" She cried. "You're hurting me!"

I slowly began to let go.

What's wrong with me?

She quickly ran out the door, in tears, leaving me and the teddy bear behind in the lonesome classroom.

I stood still for a moment, thinking about how I was such a fool.

"Well," I mumbled softly, looking at the teddy bear, "I guess it's just you and me now."

My eyes began to slowly water.

The teddy bear watched from the desk as I fell to my knees; crying.

Happy Valentine's Day.