A day at the lake Part II

Finding the Missing Pieces
 

Donghae

I walked along the trees of which stood near the lake. The memories of the past two years hit me in the face. I thought about how rude I was to Miyoung and how much of a jerk I was... If I only knew who she really was... Then maybe she could've been mine. 

Wooyoung, you lucky bastard.

-------------

To really feel the emotions being portrayed in this chapter, play this song in another tab:3 <3 ---->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU5d8yHdpt4

---------------------------

    My eyes couldn't help but to look back at the two. Miyoung smiled so brightly that it made me hate myself for being such a jerk to her. Why was I such a jerk back then? That beautiful smile faded all because of me. And now its too late to steal her heart because it looks like Wooyoung has already won it. Damnit. I was too blinded by someone else that I never noticed what was in front of me, the brightest gem of all; Hwang Miyoung.  If only I wasn't blinded by someone else, then maybe I'd notice Miyoung. No, I'd definitely notice Miyoung. I watched from afar as Miyoung and Wooyoung splashed each other with the water from the lake. She'd scream as he'd splash a big wave of water at her; she'd splash a good amount of water back at him and he'd laugh; pulling her in for a hug.  I closed my eyes and tried to think positive. But then it'd suddenly open, because I know for a fact... That even if I try my hardest, I can't stop myself from feeling jealous. I can't stop myself from feeling this undeniable pain in my heart. I looked back at them as he'd tightly embrace her with a warm hug. She looked safe and secure. If only that were me. If only I could tightly hug her and show her that I've unconditionally fallen for her... 

My eyes seemed to trace away from the two. I can't watch this.

Miyoung, I'm sorry for everything. Please forgive me for breaking your heart. 

I sat down against the tree and looked towards the river. 

I admit it. I love you, Hwang Miyoung. I really do. I deserve to be in this pain; You've suffered too much because of me. I'm glad that your smiling happily. If you ever find your past, please wait for me... Because I'll be right here for you. I promise that I won't turn back and hurt you once more. You don't deserve to be put through the pain again. I'll always be here for you, I mean it. But if you change your mind and begin to hate me for what I've put you through in the past .. Then I'm fine with that.  

"Oppa!" Miyoung called out to me, waving her hand in the air while Wooyoung stood by her.

A smile suddenly appeared on my face and I waved back to her.

You have no idea how much I care about you. Even though it's only been a month since you've awakened, I've deeply fallen in love with you. Your cuteness always seems to brighten my day. You enlighten my soul and warm my heart.  I enjoy every moment spent with you. Saranghae.

I looked up at the sky and closed my eyes with a smile plastered onto my face.

I'm going to win her heart. Not Wooyoung. Me. 

-------

"Oppa~"

My eyes opened.

"What is it?"

"Me and Wooyoung are going to go on a canoe! You should come!"

"Me?!"

"Yeah!"

"No--" I paused, "Just go with Wooyoung."

What the hell am I saying?!

"Are you sure that you don't wanna come?" She pouted.

"Yeah... Just go," I mumbled.

As she walked away and up to Wooyoung, I remained still; regretting for not going with Miyoung.

So many negative thoughts came to mind.

What if I let the perfect opportunity go to waste?

What if something happens between the two of them? ...

I tightly held my hands together and prayed that nothing would happen.

You're lucky that I'm giving you a chance to be with Miyoung, Wooyoung.

I'll get my chance with her. Don't worry, I will. 

I hope.

--------

Wooyoung

We both sat in the little canoe together. 

My heart pounded out of my chest. 

"Oppa," She smiled, scooching a little more closer to me, "If one of your closest friends developed feelings for you--"

"Yes--?"

"Oh nevermind it's stupid," She whined.

"No, please tell me~"

"If-- She liked you but didn't want to ruin your guys' friendship-- Should she she take that chance of become something more than just friends?"

"Uh--"

"See, I told you it was stupid..."

"No~ It's not stupid," I laughed, "Well, I think its up to her to decide. She should follow her heart."

A silence stood between us until she put her hand on her heart.

My eyes widened.

"Then I'll follow my heart," She softly mumbled.

I looked over at Donghae, who quietly sat against a tree; he glared at me once he caught me glancing at him.

Donghae, I know you like her.

-----

Donghae

I stood up from where I sat and began to walk off.

I can't watch them.

I'll get my chance to spend time with her.

Or at least that's what I think.

I slowly bent down near the river and swayed my hands into the water. 

Aish, I feel like such a loner.

My eyes wandered around to where Miyoung was, but she wasn't there anymore. Wooyoung sat by himself in the canoe. 

Where is she?

I looked at my reflection for a bit and was about to stand up, but then someone suddenly pushed me into the water.

"Aish!" I yelled out. I noticed a figure standing in front of me. 

"Oppa~" 

Miyoung?!

"Yah, Miyoung!"

She stuck her tongue out at me and began to laugh.

"Mi--Miyoung--Miy----"

I began to panic and gasped for air.

"Oppa~ What's wrong?!"

My senses struggled to comprehend as I became paranoid.

"Oppa!"

"Miyoung-- I can't-- Swim--" I gasped.

She suddenly threw her glasses off and jumped in the river, with her clothes and everything.

That's all I remembered.

Wooyoung

I quickly jumped out of the boat and swam to where Miyoung was.

"Miyoung, what happened--" I called out.

My eyes widened as I noticed that she was holding onto Donghae. He looked unconscious; as if he drowned. 

Damn you, Donghae.

You always look for ways to be the center of attention, huh?

Taeyeon appeared out of nowhere and joined in as I'd help her carry Donghae out of the water.

She layed him on her lap and was about to do mouth to mouth on him.

My body suddenly fidgeted but Taeyeon grabbed my wrist and shook her head.

"Taeyeon--"

"Just let her be."

I watched as she'd put her lips onto his and breathed air into him; saving his life. 

Donghae

My eyes slowly opened and Miyoung looked down at me.

She wasn't wearing her glasses...

I blushed and quickly closed my eyes.

What-- Just happened?

"Hey babo," I mumbled.

"What is it?" She giggled.

A smile appeared on my face.

"Thanks for saving my life." I opened my eyes and pulled her in for a warm hug. 

We both stood still for a moment.

I looked up at Wooyoung and gave him a smirk, to which he glared at me.

"So anyways," Wooyoung suddenly said, "It's getting late."

It's only like 2pm, .

"We should get going," He smiled.

----

I layed my head on Miyoung's shoulder during the ride home, we both sat together in the backseat while Taeyeon sat in the front with Wooyoung.

The whole ride home was silent.

----

Well the day at the lake didn't last as long as I hoped it would ...

But I don't care... 

I softly lifted my head off of her shoulder and peeked a look at Miyoung, who had her eyes closed while smiling. 

I didn't care if the day at the lake wasn't long...

...I'm just happy that I finally caught her attention.

Saranghaeyo, Hwang Miyoung.

~

Sorry for the short chapter, guys T3T