Chapter 2-Sunflower

Garden of Confession

 

Jessica was searching thoroughly throughout her and Tiffany’s shared flat, growing irritated at the fact that she couldn’t find what she was looking for. She continued searching through drawers and cabinet until she finally came across hat she was looking for

      “Aha!” she yelled triumphantly, glad that the item was now in reach: a thin, hand-made glass vase that had been sent to her from her mother. After all of those months it had laid abandoned, never being put to use or even being acknowledged.

        She the sink’s faucet, filling the vase halfway with crystal clear tap water. She excitedly made her way to her room, placing the vase on the windowsill. She placed the flower inside the vase with a plop. The blonde haired angel faced the beautiful anemone towards the cloudy hazy sky, a small beacon of pale sunlight shining onto the flower. The stem could be seen twinkling in the in water, the sun’s contact with the face illuminating it in its entirety.

         Jessica sighed before flopping onto her bed, staring at her eggshell white ceiling. She could hear raindrops patter themselves on the ceiling, most likely hitting her windowsill every now and then as well. She could usually care less about her admirers. They didn’t ‘love’ her, they just wanted t o call her angelic features their own. She decidedly let everyone, except the 6 or so people she was close to, outside of the walls of her heart. Despite the furious attempts they had to try and enter.

          It was the fact that person seemed different that intrigued. They didn’t profusely exaggerate their “undying love” for her and they chose to pick a flower with a meaning behind it.

         Surprisingly, for the first time in years, she couldn’t wait to see what her admirer had in store for her.

*                                                  *                                                             *

          It had been a full week since Jessica’s first flower experience with her admirer. For all five days of that week, her admirer had given her the same blood red anemone she had received that first Monday. But, with ever changing notes to make up for the steady flower. She realized that this was he/she’s way of indirectly getting closer to her.

           Some notes gave away hints about the person’s personality, like Thursday’s note:

           “I like writing things that make you smile. Because I know if I actually say them I may wake the dead.”

            Along with making the Ice Princess chuckle, this gave her the hint that this person could be loud at times.

            Or perhaps Tuesday’s note:

            “I hope I don’t scare you. But it’d be quite hard for me to speak to an angel face to face.”

             Along with making her faintly blush, that note told her this person was shy. She would have typically found the ‘angel’ thing cheesy and cliché, but as a matter of fact she found it cute.

              So this would explain why, on this dreary Monday morning, the Ice Princess found herself excited to go to school. The dew from Sunday’s downpour resting in the morning air, chilly humidity whisking itself in the school atmosphere. While most students were dragging themselves to their lockers like small slugs, Jessica Jung had a small spring in her step. A spring that only those closest to her would notice.

               Her happiness could not be contained, therefore blocking out all sense of reality. The raindrops on the school’s floor gathering and her excitement was only meant to be her downfall.

               Literally.

               She lost her footing midway down the hall, anticipating a hardcore collision of her body with the floor.

                But that never came.

                Instead she felt a pair of strong slender arms wrap themselves around her waist, a warm but toned body pressed lightly against her back. At this point most of the hallway’s inhabitants had turned to face the two, mainly out of jealousy towards the person who was able to come in contact with the Ice Princess.

               Jessica eased her way back into a standing position, taking in the features of her ‘savior’. Long brown hair that was tied in a ponytail, one bang side sweeping the latter’s forehead. She had dark alluring eyes, that bared an almost mischievous child like glint. She was taller than Jessica by a long shot ,but quite skinny and tanned. She was quite pretty.Before Jessica could speak the girl did.

                “Sorry. Seeing as your okay I’ll leave.” The girl said quickly, flashing a small smile as she made her way down the other end of the hall.

                Jessica watched her retreating back figure, finding it strange that someone who didn’t know her at this school was completely calm with her. She shook off the though, glaring at everyone that dared to stare at her as she made her way over to her locker.

                Surprisingly, the flower was already situated on the locker, hanging loosely out of the vent, instead of on the inside. Everyone knew the locker belonging to the Ice Princess, and no one dared tamper with it.

                 She took out the flower, mentally smiling her cheeks out at the gesture. She wondered if it was the simplicity of the gesture, the common aspect that was this sunflower. Or perhaps maybe it was the fact that this bright, yellow-petaled flower had decided to accompany her on this dreary gray day. She could almost feel the sun emit itself through the flower. Or maybe it was the note that came along with it.

                    “I happened to see you at the park yesterday. I swear I’m not stalking you it’s pure coincidence! Well anyway, I saw what you did….and now I have proof that you’re not as cold as you want everyone to think you are. Thank you for comforting my cousin.That was sweet of you.”

                     Jessica stared at the flower semi-incredulously, before understanding what her admirer was talking about.

                                                 -Flashback-

                     Jessica walked through the dim Seoul streets, heavy raindrops violently attacking her umbrella. She strolled around the blocks of the city, feet dipping into the small puddles that collected on the sidewalk.

                     She had always been the type to be appreciative of rain, its sense of renewal and calm enlightened her greatly. It was a trouble free presence that mesmerized her to no end, the simplicity of the scenery that felt so extraordinary. The click of her heels as they came in contact with the wet concrete floor, the sound of the cars’ tires rushing through the water collected in the side of the street ,the light eruption of thunder that appeared every now and again.

                    Before she knew she was walking in a park, dense foliage blotting out most of that night’s precipitation. She closed her umbrella as she walked, trying to make out a figure in the distance. Once she grew closer she was it was a person hunched over on a park bench.

                   Not wanting to disturb the latter she sat down on the damp bench, now close enough to hear the choked sobs that escaped the latter’s lips. She placed her hand on the middle of the person’s back, the person flinched, before relaxing into Jessica’s soothing touch.

                   The person looked up, to reveal a girl, no older than 15 with puffy red eyes and obvious tear stains soaking her face, clashing with rain trails.

                   “W-Why are you helping me?” the girl asked, her voice coming out choked.

                    Jessica shrugged as she placed an arm around the younger girl’s shoulder, ”Because Romeo and Juliet isn’t on for another hour and I have nothing else to do.” she said, hoping to gain a laugh from the younger girl, which she did.

                    “That’s nice.” The girl voiced, looking down at the ground as despair began washing over her face.

                    “So why don’t you tell the beautiful blonde stranger what happened?” Jessica asked, exaggeratingly flipping her hair over her shoulder as she did so.

                    “N-N-No it’s okay.”The girl said frantically.

                    “I’ll buy you candy.”Jessica then retaliated. It was a trick that she had learned always worked on Yoona. And since the choding was a 9 year old boy trapped in a 17 year old’s body ,it should have the same effect. And looks like it did have the effect, for the younger girl’s eyes immediately brightened.

                    Seeing the girl’s brightened expression Jessica grabbed the girl’s left hand, pulling her out of the bench, which was awkward because the girl was a giant. Jessica shrugged off the thought and began walking with the tall stranger towards the nearest corner shop, Jessica’s umbrella now shared between the two as they exited the park’s dense foliage.

                    “What’s your name?”Jessica asked minutes later, once the tall girl was effectively chewing on a milk chocolate bar, all despair and sadness disappearing for that moment.

                    “Choi Sulli.” She said, showing a genuine smile to Jessica, her eyes smiling the same way that Tiffany’s did.”How do I know you’re not a e or something?” she added innocently, eyes glowing.

                    “I could easily take the chocolate back.”

                    “NONONO I’m sorry~!”Sulli whined

                    “That’s what I thought. Now time for you tell me what happened.”

                                              -End Of Flashback-

                  

                   Jessica gave a small smile; she hadn’t recalled seeing anyone near the park. But then again she was too preoccupied with Sulli, who managed to weasel 20$ worth of pastries out of Jessica, claiming it was for her cousin, hence the writer of this note. She would usually not be amused if someone had seen her charitable expression, but since that someone was her flower admirer, she didn’t mind.

                  That also gave Jessica another hint; when speaking of the pastries that Sulli had bought for her cousin, Sulli had said ‘she likes to eat a lot,99% of our fridge is marked by her’.

                  Jessica’s admirer was a girl.

                  Not that she minded, one less hormonal teenage boy to deal with.

                  Jessica then opened her locker, extracting what books would be needed for the following day, once again ignoring all other confessions that laced the insides of her dark blue locker.

                  One thought occupied her mind as she sat in the back of the classroom, waiting for Tiffany to appear with Taeyeon, who said she would be dropping Tiffany off to school that day.

                  ‘If only I could meet that Sulli again, I could find the identity of ‘Flower Girl ‘       

-                                             -                                                       -

               Meanwhile, in another classroom two tall tanned beings and a shorter one were taking place in a conversation of their own.

               “3 CHEERS FOR PIMPSOO!HIP HIP-” the shorter of the tanned ones yelled .

               “HOORAY!”the shorter girl yelled, bursting out into a fit of laughter .

               The tallest of the three simply held her head down, shaking her head at the Choding-ness that was her best friends.They were the only people that she was close nough with to tell that she was the one who was giving the notes and the flowers. She was friendly and pretty popular, but not well enough known for her to be a suspect of the Ice Princess's admirer.

                Sooyoung slapped her tanned friend and her shorter friend at the back of the head, earning an ‘Ouch’ from both parties.

                “What, Soo? I mean come on, you were finally able to touch the girl of your dreams~.And without ing your pants yo! You’re long pimp training has finally paid off ”Yuri said, wiping a fake tear out her right eye as she patted Sooyoung on the back,mumbling words of encouragement.

                “Shut up Kwon, at least I have some form of communication with my crush unlike you.”Sooyoung jeered, earning a smirk from Hyomin and a blush from Yuri.

                 “Y-Yah, I could talk to her if I wanted to! I’m just kinda shy about it…”she trailed off, gaze meeting the ground.

                 “AWWWWWW~”Sooyoung and Hyomin chorused, arms around each other's shoulders,congratulating each other on raising their child well.

                 “Quiet Park, not like you’re any better. You just stare at Sunny all day. I swear, if you knew her address you could be the next Edward Cullen.”Yuri retorted.

                  “No need to hate on our little Sun-young” Sooyoung said.

                  “Yah! I’m older than both of you!”

                  “Your height says otherwise~”They both said together.

                  “So Yul, are you EVER going to talk to Yoona? I hear that tall guy, Taecyeon likes her.”Sooyoung said, breaking their height game.

                   Yuri glared,” Hell no am I going to let that Jackhammer Teeth take her from me. But at least my method of approaching makes sense unlike your flower thing.”

                    Now it was Sooyoung’s turn to glare, ”I like my method thank you very much. It’s really the only way I can get close to her….”

                    The pity in her tone caused her two friends to end their teasing. They knew how much their friend had been in love with the Ice Princess ever since freshman year, and was only now taking initiative. Although she showed positive response to Sooyoung’s method, both friends were worried about when their friend would ever show her identity.

                     “Are you ever going to tell her?” Hyomin said softly, not wanting to push her friend’s buttons.

                     Sooyoung sighed, glancing at the Gardenia jasminoides that was placed outside the classroom’s window.

                      “I’m content with being able to admire her from afar.That's more than I can ask for.” she said

                       “…..Idiot” Yuri muttered, causing both her and Hyomin to break out in giggles while Sooyoung reprimanded them.

                      “Yah! Talk to me when you’ve had a longer than 4 word conversation with Yoona.”

                      “Fine, I will.”Yuri concluded sticking out her tongue.

                       Mentally she was glad she had a push to talk to Yoona. The younger girl’s beauty was so enthralling, but being a part of the Ice Princess’s clique made it that much hard for Yuri to approach her. That and the fact that she was the apple of the eye of many, just like her blonde haired friend.

                       Soon the teacher entered the classroom, signaling everyone to sit down and shut up.

-                                                    -                                                      -

                        “Hyunnie~!”A voice called out in the botany lab.

                         Seohyun was not surprised, for she had a slight hunch that she would be seeing her unnie today.

                         “Annyeong unnie, what flower did you get this week?” She had been informed through Yoona that this admirer was continuously giving the same flower when giving Jessica compliments, so she only wondered what new flower would come with the admirer’s heart. 

                         “This!” Jessica took both hands out from behind her back and held the sunflower in front of her, smiling giddily behind it as it covered her face.

                           Seohyun the flower’s many petals, this flower was raised quite healthily, she could tell. Its petals were the most brilliant Tuscany yellow, and its stalk was powerful for its width. The sepals of the flower were well formed and full. A sunflower is a quite well known flower, but she decided to call it by its scientific name. She had never taken an interest towards Jessica’s admirers before, but knowing the meaning of this flower was enough to gain her interest.

                            “Oh unnie~” she said, running her finger down the nimble green stalk, “ Helianthus annuus, or more commonly known as a sunflower. This flower represents adoration.” She concluded, amused at her unnie’s reaction whenever she received a flower and a note from her admirer.

                         “Thanks Hyunnie~. I’ll see you next week!” Jessica said, making her way out of the botany lab once more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

=========================================================================

A/N U GUSTAAAAA?

So

-Yes the flowers are from Sooyoung

-YoonYul will have pertinence to the story

-I'm thinking if I should make this story a multi-shot or an on-going

-This chapter mainly revolved around the other half of the flower + notes (Sooyoung)

-Next chapter will involve TaeNySicYoonSun and also SooRiMin

-Sunbyung is forever relevant, sue me

This is a some flower for those who haven't seen it :

See you guys tomorrow ;D

and for my lovely 'Cafe Love' readers,I'll be updating tomorrow,so don't miss out! ♥