Chapter 6-The Events Of A Winter's Break Part 1.

Garden of Confession

 

The first 3 days of winter break were filled with laziness, movie specials and over-indulging for the 2 Chois, as their schedules were merely filled with a leisurely purpose. Sooyoung had decided to wait until break was over to return to her flower routine.

          She groggily made her way into the kitchen, pressing the voice mail button on the home phone as she passed it.

          She opened the fridge, eyes scanning over the shelves as a shrill sounding beep made its way throughout the house, followed by a deep and husky voice.

          “Hey Sooyoungie, it’s Uncle T.O.P. How are you and Jinri doing? I’m terribly sorry that I have not been able to call and check up on you two.”

           Sooyoung rolled her eyes, grabbing the carton of milk and box of cereal and setting them down on the table, before turning around to rummage through the cabinets for a bowl.

            “I really thank you for being able to take care of Jinri during the 10 months or so that we will be gone. You don’t mind right? A contract is a contract,” he chuckled, to no one’s amusement.”Well have a good and safe Christmas and call Uncle Minho if you all need anything. We love you both and we’ll talk to you another time.” 

             Beeeeeeeeeeeeeep. End of final message.

             Sooyoung disregarded the message; she’d been doing fine living alone with Sulli since September, although it was quite the surprise that her aunt and uncle had the courtesy to call every now and then. She ate her cereal quietly, eyes being blinded by the sun’s reflection on the pale white snow outside.

              She reached over her bowl to get her phone, as her ringtone could be heard.

              “Yobosaeyo?” She answered uninterestedly, chewing her breakfast directly over the speaker.

              “Yah you could at least swallow first.” the voice on the other said, disgust saturating the latter’s sentence.

               Then another voice, farther away from the phone yelled That’s what she said!”

                Sooyoung chuckled before yelling, ”Good morning to you too, Yoona~!”, just loud enough so that the latter could hear her.

               “Hey Soo!” she could hear Yoona yell before being cut off by Yuri

                “Yah this is my phone call! Go eat or something.”

                 Sooyoung rolled her eyes at the stereotype, ”Not all Shikshins think about food 24/7.”

                 “Well you’re the exception.”

                 "Whatever. So what can I do you for Kwon?” She asked, downing another spoonful of cereal.

                 “Well Yoong and I were going to go get some decorations for a Christmas party hosted by Yours Truly. Want to come with?”
                  “Hmmmm, so I can have the pleasure of being the third wheel that has to witness your disgusting PDA? No, thank you.”

                  “Oh come on, Hyomin and Sunny are going to be there too.”

                  “That’s even worse.”

                  “I’ll buy you food.”

                  “…..Pick me up in an hour.”

                  “Ahehehehe , will do buddy.”

                   Yuri hung up the phone, only to be met with a pair of slim, pale arms circling their way around her waist, the owner’s chin resting on her shoulder.

                       ‘I could get used to this’ she thought.

                      “Is she coming?” Yoona asked, her words coming out muffled as her face was nuzzled into Yuri’s neck.

                      “Mmhmm.”

                      “Did you tell her Jessica was going to be there too?”

                      This time it was Yuri who chuckled, “My Deer, Deer Yoong. Where would be the fun in that?

-                                                -                                                             -

            Yoona, Yuri and Sooyoung arrived at the mall 1 hour and a half later, only to be met with Sunny and Hyomin’s typical lover’s quarrels and a bored looking Jessica who simply sat down in one of the benches.

            Sooyoung glanced to the Ice Princess, who seemed to have not noticed her, and then back to Yuri who was skillfully ignoring the Shikshin’s gaze as she held her girlfriend’s hand and made her way over to the bickering Subyung.

            “Yah, Sunny-ah~, Hyomin-ah~, save the for later.” Yuri said pulling Yoona towards the now hand-holding couple.

             “Shut up. Kwon. Oh Sooyoung you came!” Sunny said excitedly, the new name sparking slight interest in Jessica as she got off of the bench, pulling her way towards the 5 people.

              “Yup, Yuri invited me.” Sooyoung said through gritted teeth, the arm that was slung over Yuri’s shoulder now squeezing it painfully.

              “I-I love you.” Yuri said, smiling weakly through the searing pain that was shooting through her arm at the moment.

               Sooyoung smiled, easing her grip on the latter as she turned to face Sunny, Hyomin and Jessica. She could see Jessica eyeing her up and down, her seemingly cold gaze over-bearing, but Sooyoung just felt her heart lighten at the sight of her first love.

               “Oh Sica, I don’t think you two have properly met have you?” Sunny asked, earning a slight head shake from Jessica and Sooyoung.

                “Well Soo, Jessica Jung. Jessica Jung, Choi Sooyoung.” Sunny said, gesturing for them to shake hands, as they did. Jessica’s eyebrow peeking as she recalled the surname.

                “Hi Jessica.” Sooyoung said with a smile as she shook the latter’s hand “You don’t really look much like your sister.”

                 “You’ve met my sister?” Jessica asked, ending the handshake and showing Sooyoung a confused expression.

                 “Yeah, she’s friends with my cousin.” Sooyoung said with a smile, in an attempt to not frighten the shorter girl.

                  ‘Choi, cousin, is it..? No that was months ago.’

                  “Oh really? What’s your cousin’s name?” Jessica asked, bringing out a semi-frightened Sooyoung and two amused couples who all shared the same thought.

                  ‘This is going to go easier than planned.’

 

                  “Jinri. Choi Jinri.”Sooyoung said, semi-nervously, much to the slight dismay of the blonde-haired girl.

                   Jessica merely made an ‘O’ expression with , before returning to her usual expression of disinterest.

                   “Well, we’re going to go get the stuff. See you in an hour or what not!” Yuri jeered, cackling in a way much similar to Yoona’s And before either of the remaining parties could retaliate, the twin chodings, the bunny and the folding screen were already making their way past hoards of shops, eyeing every sparkly item in sight.

                    “…Why am I even friends with her.” Sooyoung muttered bluntly, acquiring a chuckle from Jessica, who then tried covering it up.

                    Sooyoung turned to Jessica, ignoring every raging palpitation of her heart as she now found herself to be spending time. Alone. With the girl she fell in love with.

                   “So Jessica-sshi-“ Before she could even speak she was cut off by said Jessica.

                    “Just call me Jessica.” She said.

                    “Well, uh, Jessica, do you want to go shopping since they abandoned us?”

                    “YES!” She said excitedly, to the discomfort of passersby and a certain Sooyoung.

                    “I mean, uh, yes.” She added, her gaze dropping to the floor in embarrassment. Meanwhile Sooyoung laughed at how cute the shorter was being.

                    “Well lead the way.” She said with a smile that seemed to sparkle repeatedly in Jessica’s mind, before she excitedly and unhesitatingly grabbed the Shikshin’s hand, pulling her along to all the stores that she found interesting.

                     

                                -2 Hours Later (In Spongebob Narrator voice)-

                     Sooyoung flung herself onto the bench where she and Jessica had met up just 2 hours earlier, bags and bags of clothing and accessories covering her tanned arms.  She glared to her right, to see Jessica giving her innocent-looking smile, causing Sooyoung to give up the glaring contest.

                    Sooyoung’s past two hours with the latter were filled with clothes judging, clothes fitting, clothes carrying, joke making, unexpected hand-holding and nicknames that both of them had no idea where they came from.. She was enthralled at the fact that they had grown close in just a mere two hours, embracing the dorky and non-humorous sides that the girl seemed to possess.

                    Once her armed regained responsiveness she eased them out of the 14 or so shopping bag handles.

                     “Jessica..Jessica….Sica-ah~” She said, probing the girl out of one of many mini-comas that she experienced in a day.

                    “Hmm?” the girl said, showing consciousness but leaving her eyes unopened.

                     “Should we call the others down for lunch?”She asked, unaware of the girl’s growing blushed as she brushed her fringe in an attempt to wake her up fully.

                     “Sure. As long as I can sleep.” She said, now fully returning to her ‘hibernation’.

                      Sooyoung rolled her eyes, before fishing her phone out of the depths of her pocket and calling her friend. She knew she had been tricked into spending the day with Jessica, but she couldn’t honestly say that she minded.

-                                                       -                                                                -

                      The group made their way to their respective houses hours later, Sooyoung offering to help Jessica with the hoards of bags that she had. Jessica gladly accepted the help, for she knew she wouldn’t be strong enough to carry them in herself.

                      Sooyoung wobbled her way into the flat, ignoring her numb arms as she admired how neat and tidy it was.

                     

                      She placed the bags on the carpeted beige floor, before a familiar voice rang out throughout the house.

                      “Sooyoung unnie!” the black-haired teenager said shrilly, enveloping Sooyoung in a tight hug.

                      “Hey Krystal,” she said, returning the hug with the same amount of force.

 She could hear Jessica chuckled as the sight, as she passed behind the duo and started for the kitchen.

                      “How’s Sul-“Krystal started before an intense gesture and mouthing from Sooyoung gestured her to not speak Sulli’s nickname. Being that Sulli had informed her of everything that was going on she quickly recovered, ignoring her sister’s head that poked out of the kitchen.

                       “-everything going? How’s Jinri?” Krystal said, much to Sooyoung’s comfort, but gaining a suspicious glare from her sister, who crept back into the kitchen.

                       “Everything’s good and Jinri’s fine. But Sunny and Hyomin are waiting for me downstairs so I’ll see you guys at Yuri’s party tomorrow?” She asked, earning violent nodding from Krystal and a ‘Meh~’ from Jessica.

                        “Bye Krys, Bye Sica~.” She said, backing out of the flat and waving to Jessica as she passed the kitchen. Jessica smiled and waved back, waiting for the taller girl to exit the flat before turning to her sister.

                        “Soojung-ah~” She called sweetly, slightly frightening the younger girl with the sweetness of her tone.

                        “Neh unnie?”

                        “What was that name that you were going to say again?”

-                                               -                                                    -

                   “So did you enjoy your time with the Ice Princess?” Yuri asked, handing Sooyoung a mistletoe that was to be hanged over her doorframe, red and green decorating many corners of the house, something that would give Yuri's parents a wonderful shock at the beauty and hard work that the girls had put in, as the fireplace popped and cracked heating the house and its inhabitants.Sunny Hyomin and Yoona were still struggling to get the tree upright, for Yoona decided that hugging the tree and pretending to be a koala was a great method.

                    Unconsciously, Sooyoung smiled, remembering the enjoyable time that she had spent with Jessica, even if she just ended up watching the girl buy things and call her a Shikshin.

                    “Judging by your creepy smiling I’ll take that as a yes.”

                    “Shut up. When are you guys going to stop tricking me to meet with her?”

                     “Not anytime soon. If we don’t do it, God knows you won’t.”

                      Although, Sooyoung wanted to be offended at her friend’s description of her, she had no choice but to admit that it was true. She was scared, immensely. Not of the girl herself, but because Sooyoung knew that she would most likely never have the courage to speak to the girl, unless it was a life or death situation. She had already almost let slip her true identity, for if Krystal hadn’t caught herself in saying Sulli’s name, who knows what pandemonium would have unfolded.

                        “Sooyoungie”

                        “Huh, what?” Sooyoung said, snapping out of her daze and descending down the ladder, glad that the decorations were finally completed.

                         “Have you ever thought that maybe someone could pose as you?”

                          “I’m too hot to be imitated.” That smart comment rewarded her with a painful flick on the forehead.

                          “I meant, haven’t you ever thought that maybe someone could take credit for being Jessica’s admirer? Those flowers are anything but discreet, and I’m sure people have noticed how much she likes them. It’s just a matter of time before someone steps up and claims that as their doing. And you will be too late to do anything.”

                            Yuri’s words tugged at Sooyoung’s heart, for she had never thought of it that way before. She had always thought that she could continuously and easily admire Jessica from afar, not having to look at the other admirers that she received because Jessica only focused on the gifts that Sooyoung gave her. There were people that were quite obsessed with the girl, people who would do anything to be with her. People who spent obscene amounts of money on other expensive items, just to get the girl to look at them. It wouldn’t be a surprise if one of them posed as her suitor, being that Sooyoung hadn’t come out as her suitor for almost 2 months now.

                           “This is why you need to stop talking Kwon. Everything when you’re right.” Sooyoung said, annoyed and slightly saddened that her friend actually had a point, and that she was extremely worried that that scenario may actually become a reality.

                            Yuri chuckled, throwing her arm around her friend’s clothed shoulder and tugging her closer to her, ”You’ll thank me later buddy. Now time for eggnog!”

                            Sooyoung eyes brightened as her ears immediately perked up,” YES! I’m thirsty from helping you.”

                            “What are you talking about, we’re making it!”

                            “…….I hate you.”

====================================================================================

A/N Uhhh U gusta? Sorry I didn't update yesterday; power outage

I'll be updating Cafe Love later today or tomorrow so I hope you guys enjoy!

And Jessica is getting suspicious but don't worry the story won't be ending that quickly since I promised you all to make it longer

So yeah that's pretty much it

I'm going to try giving you reasonably long and frequent updates since I love this story and it's addicting

Next chapter:

Christmas partttyy

Lol it's awkward cause it's August

Laterrrr!

Oh and if any of you are wondering, YoonYul and Sunbyung got together during the Ball

And no, YoonYul did not do 'it'