Chapter 3-Chrysanthemum

Garden of Confession

 

              “Hey guys, where’s the Choding?” Jessica asked as she sat down at her lunch table, Ray Bans resting over her eyes to hide the lack of sleep from the previous night. Her mother had called frantically; saying that her younger sister was going to be staying with Jessica for the remainder of the school year, leaving Jessica the responsibility of preparing for her sister. Her mother trusted Jessica enough to take care of the 15 year old, something she'd been doing since she was young.And to hound onto Jessica’s bad luck, Krystal was going to be staying at the flat with herself and Tiffany. It wasn’t as though she disliked her sister; she just knew that once Krystal found out about her admiration of her admirer’s flowers and notes, she would be teased to no end.

                Yoona would have a new partner in crime.

               Taeyeon looked up from playing with Tiffany’s fingers to answer Jessica’s question “She went back to get so-Whoa Jessica you look like horse .”

                Tiffany and Sunny snickered at Taeyeon’s blunt description, although Jessica herself couldn’t argue with the accuracy of her statement. Either way she glared at Taeyeon.

                “Heh heh,sorry. Yoona went to get second helping of food.”Taeyeon said, smiling and hoping she wouldn’t be frozen to death.

                 Jessica shook her head; the shikshin lifestyle was something she would never be able to comprehend.

                 “But Sica-yah, you really do look kinda bad. “ Sunny then offered, on a lollipop as she spoke.

                 “I didn’t get much sleep last night.” Jessica mumbled

                  A collective gasp shot throughout the table. Taeyeon and Tiffany both gazed with their jaws dropped low enough to be detached from their bodies, where as Sunny repeatedly lightly slapped her chest as she said “This is it. The end of the world has truly come.”

                  Jessica rolled her eyes at the idiocy surrounding her once more “Shut up. I had to prepare for Krystal’s arrival Friday. Doing it last night gives me 3 more days to not worry about her.”

                  “Krystal’s coming?” Tiffany asked, excited at the fact that she’ll see Jessica’s sister again. Although Sunny and Taeyeon looked confused; Jessica hardly spoke of her family by their English names..

                   “Krystal, my baby sister. She wants to study in Korea or what not.” Jessica said, not paying attention to the now comprehending danshin duo but instead to a sight behind them.

                   She could see Yoona making her way towards their table, lunch tray in hands, before being stopped by the same tanned girl that was looking at her the week before. Yoona could be seen looking oddly shy as she spoke to the girl, twirling a strand of hair between her fingers. She giggled a little at the person before parting ways and making her way over to their lunch table, to meet a smirking Jessica.

                    “Looks like you had fun.” Jessica said.

                    Yoona blushed as she sat down, staying quiet for a minute before squealing.

                 “Eeeeek~! Unnie, Yuri unnie asked me on a date! A DATE WOMAN, A DATE.” she said, shaking a less-than-in-the-mood Jessica with her excitement.

                 Jessica’s mood wasn’t especially at its brightest; some would assume it was because of her lack of sleep, when in actuality it was because she had not received a flower this morning from Flower Girl. She felt maybe the girl had gotten bored with her and moved on, but she couldn't try and be angry with the girl whose sweet words stayed implanted perfectly in her mind.

                 “Yoong. Calm your .”Jessica stated coldly, leaving a dejected Yoona off of her shoulders.

                 “You’d be ten times more excited than I am if it happened to be Flower Girl asking you on a date~,” Yoona teased, earning a blush from the less -than-prepared blonde.

                 As much as Jessica tried to deny it, she felt as though she was falling deeper for the writer of this letter. Her words were so captivating and you could feel the sincerity pouring out the ink on paper. She wrote no more than 5 sentences, but they were enough to make Jessica’s heart flutter and to get her smiling.

                  Before Yoona’s evil cackle could make its way she shoved a slice of garlic bread in the girl’s mouth, ignoring the exaggerated choking noises that she made.

                 “Shut up and eat, Im.” She muttered.

-                                                                  -                                               -

                 Jessica made her way into the semi-filled classroom, some students still lounging in the cafeteria. She was met with a small crowd of people around the table where she happened to sit, murmurings able to be heard amongst them.

                 She cleared hear throat behind the crowd, glaring at the 7 people that dared enter her ‘Sacred Space’. The crowd gulped and dispersed, some with a dreamy love struck expression, for the Ice Princess had actually looked at them. Some scurried back to their and hid their faces, trying to keep themselves far out of reach of the Ice Princess’s wrath.

                  She made her way to her desk, eyes brightening at the sight that lay before her.

                 A bright yellow flower lay on her desk, parallel to her seat. It was a bright blooming yellow flower, whose petals were blinded by the sun rays. She sat down in her seat and picked it up by the stem, on hand on the stem and another holding the back of the flower. She ran her eyes down south to read the note attached midway down the stem.

                  I didn’t want to crumple the flower by putting it in your locker; I didn’t scare you now did I? I think the flower matches your hair quite beautifully. And it’s safe enough to say…I like you.

                  Jessica felt a small heat creep towards her cheeks, as she promptly ignored the stares of the people around her.

                  ‘She never fails to be sweet’, Jessica thought, tucking the flower gently into the side pocket of her bag. She glared at the remainder of students whose gazes remained fixated on her.

                   Jessica waited comfortably in her seat, waiting for her seat partner for this class, Yoona, to appear. The doe eyed girl did….not alone of course. As she made her way to the desk she could be seen waving back at a tanned Yuri leaning in the doorway of the classroom. Yuri waved back with a charming smile,  before another figure appeared behind her, tugging her out of the doorway.

                   Jessica recognized her as the girl who had caught her from falling. She spoke playfully angrily towards Yuri, before adorning a wide-eyed expression that Jessica found quite cute. She looked at her friend with a ‘Are-you-freaking-kidding-me’ look  before dragging her friend out of the doorway completely.

                   ‘She got prettier from the last time I saw her’ Jessica absentmindedly thought, her mind unconsciously becoming occupied with thoughts of her admirer.

-                                                            -                                                             -

    “What are you planning Kwon.”

    “I have not a clue what you’re talking about.” Yuri said, whistling lightly as they made their way to their respective classroom. The thought of spending time with Yoona causing her heart to erupt in giddiness.

      “Oh please, years of, unfortunately, being your friend has gotten me to know your habits. I know that glint in your eyes; what are you up to?” Sooyoung asked seriously.

 “Dude, It’s nothing alright. So when are you coming out the closet?”

  Sooyoung stared at her wide-eyed, not understanding the implication of her best friend’s sentence.

 “I mean tell Jessica-sshi who you are.”Yuri said, as she snickered at her friend’s expression

 “….When the time is right.”

“Wimp.”

-                                           -                                                         -

                “Ju Hyun, you already know what to do.”

                Seohyun was already the flower’s many parts, from the bright yellow petals, to the medium sized sepal, right until trailing her finger down the slim stem.

                 “Chrysanthemum boreale, unnie. You now officially have a loyal,loving,secret admirer.” Seohyun said, smiling at her unnie’s shy face.

                 Nonetheless Jessica smiled, pecking Seohyun on the cheek before exiting the botany lab giddily.

                 Seohyun chuckled at her unnie’s rare display of affection  and childishness, glancing over to a rack of flowers in the left side of the room, specifically reserved for one person.

                ‘I hope she knows what she’s doing.’ Seohyun thought, watering one of the annual plants she took care of, wanting to give it as much care before its time of growth was up. 

=======================================================================================

A/N Fail chapter is fail, I just wanted to she a little YoonYul light

I'm giving you all a double update since I'm disappointed in myself

-Note, this takes place a full week after the previous chapter, most of this story follows that timeline unless stated otherwise.

-I may or not keep Sooyoung in the dark from Jessica

Or I could have them meet and become friends where as Jessica remains oblivious

Who knows bb, who knows

Le flower

READ ON BB