Chapter 6-The Events Of A Winter's Break Part 2:Forget-Me-Not

Garden of Confession

                                          -The following day; a.k.a.Christmas Day-

 

       “Here ye, here ye! Join-eth me in the-“

        “Shut up and bring the cookies.”Hyomin’s blunt voice replied, cutting off Yuri’s attempt at speaking in Old English, much to the latter’s disappointment. They were all once again gathered at Yuri’s house. After they had spent a good Christmas dinner with their families they returned to the newly decorated abode.

        They were all sitting leisurely in Yuri’s living room, warming themselves up by the fireplace as music played throughout the house. Hyomin and Sunny sat on the carpet, Hyomin’s back against the couch and Sunny resting between both of her legs, leaning onto the taller girl’s chest with her face in the crook of Hyomin’s neck; whereas Hyomin had her arms wrapped firmly around the girl’s waist. Taeyeon and Tiffany sat in a similar position as Sunny and Hyomin. Taeyeon, who was sitting on the reclining, cushioned chair, with Tiffany resting in an almost fetal position on her lap. Yuri stood up in front of the beautifully grown Christmas tree, wearing nothing but a red USA sweatshirt and extremely baggy sweatpants( everyone was wearing a similiar type outfit); her girlfriend leaning against her leg, picking off pieces of the tree and laughing menacingly as they turned to ash in the fire. Seohyun strolled around the farther side of the room, admiring the array of books that the Kwons had acquired over a long span of time, also taking great interest towards the docile falling of snow outside of the window, its sheer white purity fitting in perfectly with the accommodating Christmas scene. Hyoyeon and Jessica were in the kitchen, preparing a plate of snacks for the lazy excuses of human beings that placed themselves in the other room. And finally to Sooyoung, her lanky body sprawled on the couch in an un-ladylike manner, idly playing with Hyomin’s hair as she stared at the cream white ceiling. Sulli and Krystal decided to just hang out together and Sooyoung’s house, much to the relief of Sooyoung and the slight apprehension of Jessica.

         “Hyominnie~.  You could have at least let me finish my sentence.” Yuri whined, pouting in the aegyo that all of them despised, except for Yoona of course.

         “And you could have told me that the decorations that we worked so hard to put up were only going to be for 10 people. 11 if you count Sooyoung’s stomach.” The same hand that was playing with the long brown tresses, then in turn flicked the back of the girl’s head.

         “Yah, it’s Christmas, no stomach shots.”The Shikshin said, fixing the position of her lower and ignoring the racing of her heart, as Jessica made her way to sit on the couch as well, surprising both Sooyoung and herself when sat and placed the taller girl’s legs upon her lap, offering a small smile to Sooyoung who using every tiny bit of strength she had to not blush.

         Yuri and Yoona noticed the action (LOL they’re chodings, what don’t they notice), smirking playfully as they noticed they two were becoming comfortable with each other in a shorter span of time.

         Suddenly, Yuri bent down in front of Sooyoung, surfacing confusing between everyone in the room as she took the latter’s hand. She was knelt in an ‘I-need-to-tie-my-shoe’ position looking at Sooyoung with an expression of somberness.

         “Sooyoung, we’ve been best friends for a while now and, I would hope that after all these years you would know how I feel about you, but it seems not.” Sooyoung’s eyes widened, while Jessica merely glared at Yuri’s side profile. Why? She had not a clue.”No matter what year it is, what season it is, or what day it is….I will always and I mean always….make fun of you and your inhumane appetite.” The last sentence caused the Shikshin to awaken from her momentary hypnosis, and discharge a series of light punches against the Black Pearl who was laughing furiously as she took her position in front of the tree once more, now that everyone in room had let go a breath of relief.

          “You , Kwon!” Sooyoung said shrilly, making a ‘You-die’ gesture to the Black Pearl, who merely formed a heart over her head and mouthed an ‘I Love You’.

           “Anyway! Back to where I was before a rude Folding Screen interrupted me.” She said, glancing at the adorable bunny and folding screen couple as she felt her very own girlfriend grasp her fingers playing with them softly; to which Yuri immediately smiled towards.

           “Time for the ornament placement!” Yuri said, much to the confusion of Jessica, Yoona, Taeyeon, Tiffany and Sunny. All except Hyoyeon who was prepared for what Yuri was talking about, since her lovely girlfriend Seohyun had explained it to her.

           “Oh right, you guys are newbies to our traditions. Well, ever since we were all younger, would always find a way to spend Christmas together. So when we were 11 we started the tradition of each of us placing a hand-picked or hand-made ornament on the tree!” Yuri said, gesturing with her free hand towards the tree that was covered in numerous ornaments; one could obviously tell that they weren’t typical ornaments. There was one made out of Popsicle sticks and was painted sloppily in pink, the sticks created the shape of a heart; another was a small beaker filled with small seashells and stuffed with a light brown cork; while another one was a simple rhinestone ornament, that shone every time that a beacon of light would hit it.

           The others merely nodded and made ‘O’ gestures with their mouths, before Tiffany piped up, “Can we become a part of your tradition next year?”

            Yuri stared her down, her face so expressionless that it slightly scared Tiffany, before she burst into a wide smile, “Why wait until next year? You guys can come and put your ornaments on tomorrow! Hell even later on if you want to.” Tiffany breathed a sigh of relief before finding her way back into her girlfriend’s comfortable neck.

            Seohyun daintily reached into her purse, pulling out a medium plaid box before handing it to Yuri. Hyomin did the same, leaving one of her arms still draped around Sunny’s side, pulling out a medium plaid box as well, although with a different color scheme, before sliding it across the carpeted floor and under Yuri’s clothed toe. Sooyoung rummaged through the pockets of her sweatpants, before fishing out a box and throwing it carelessly at Yuri, hitting said girl square in the forehead. Yuri glared before picking up both boxes off the floor.          

             She looked at all three equal-sized, similarly designed boxes before mumbling,”….we really spend too much time with each other.”

             She opened Seohyun’s box first, admiring the heartfelt note that she had found laying in the box’s red center. She also chuckled at the little cartoonized sweet potato keychain that was also in the box.

             Unnies, we’ve been friends for a long time now, and I must say I’m grateful to be your dongsaeng. You have all treated me with nothing but pure love and kindness, kindness that I hope I have returned to you. We’ve been through so much together and I’m glad that our bond is now stronger than ever. You’ve managed to make me smile on the darkest of days, and you’ve always tried to look on the bright side of things for my sake. Although you all can be quite immature at times, I think that’s just a part of your charm. You all have a spot reserved in my heart and I hope we will remain close, even at the University level. But please, stop with junk food unnies. Bad health accumulates and eventually you will die.

              With much love,

              Your Maknae, Seohyun <3

             She immediately hung both on the tree before sending Seohyun a wide smile, ”Maknae never changes huh?” to in reply receive a blush from the latter.

             Yuri then opened Hyomin’s box, to then receive another note and two wooden Japanese characters. She opened up the note first;

              Whatever Maknae said. You guys know how I feel about you, I shouldn’t need to express it through a letter, or kiss the ground you walk on. Or in Sooyoung’s case, kiss the plates you eat from. Even though we act like we hate each other, you all are the perfect friends. I’d prefer the way everything is now than being all mushy-lovey dovey…oh wait, we have girlfriends, we’re going to learn how to do that. We’ve been through a lot and we’re going to go through a hell of a lot more because Chodings stick together! Even when we’re old and wrinkly and beating each other with canes over applesauce, we’ll still be best friends. I love you s <3

              Sincerely,

              Park Folding Screen  

             P.S The Japanese symbols stand for ‘Love’ and ‘Idiots’ kekekeke

            Yuri looked up at a smirking Hyomin, smiling and shaking her head, before hanging up both symbols onto two separate tree branches.

             She finally made her way to Sooyoung’s box, opening it to be met with a carved, blue wooden flower and a shorter note.

              If you guys weren’t the most supportive and best friends in the world I would hate your guts. I can’t believe you guys have put up with my crush for the past 4 years, and you’ve been tricking into spending time with her. I should hate you and condemn you to hell, but you guys are too amazing. When we die I will stalk you in heaven and eat in your face. Yes we are dying together, no exceptions. I love you guys…so much I can’t even explain it. You’re the family I will always have. Even if you are stupid.

               Love,

               Choi Shikshin

              Yuri picked up the flower, holding it between her fingers from the thin golden string it hung down from. It was beautiful, even if it was only mimic of a flower. It was intricately carved, and delicately painted, showing beauty against the beautiful 5 baby blue petals and the bright yellow mock stigma.

              “Why’d you pick a flower, Soo?”Yuri asked, gaining the attention of everyone in the room.

               Sooyoung woke herself from her daydream before gazing at her ornament through half-lidded eyes.

                “It’s Myosotis scorpioides, better known as the Forget-me-not flower. As you can tell by its name, it stands for remembrance. I don’t want you guys to forget me and the great memories we’ve had. Seeing that I’ve almost DIED through most of them.” Sooyoung said in a monotone, stressing the word ‘died’.

                 “Awww, how shweet of you Schooyoung.” Yuri said, in a baby type voice, which resulted in laughter from mostly everyone, boos from Hyomin towards the girl’s aegyo and rolling eyes from Sooyoung.

                 Amidst the pandemonium Jessica sat quietly with the shikshin’s legs in her lap. She stared down the girl, whose eye contact was focused on Yuri and Yoona’s panda fight in the middle of the wide carpet. Something about the girl was so….familiar…but Jessica couldn’t put her fingers on it.

                “MOVIE TIME!” Yuri suddenly yelled, her head popping out from….some part of her girlfriend’s body.”Sica –ah~, can you get us more snacks while I get the movie?” Yuri asked, already getting up to turn on the flat screen TV that was position on the wall above the fireplace.

                Sooyoung lifted her feet off the girl’s lap, getting up before the blonde-haired girl could, ”I’ll help you.” She said, surprising herself with the courage to speak directly to Jessica Jung.

                Jessica simply smiled, nodding as she followed the taller girl into the kitchen.

                They both worked in a comfortable silence. One could only guess as to why Sooyoung was so elated, her heart feeling as though it may break through the confines of her rib cage at any moment, although she was merely standing within a 10 foot radius of the girl of her dreams. She emptied chips into a bowl, unaware of the blonde girl who was eyeing her back and her every movement.

                Jessica shrugged off every thought of that moment, suddenly feeling intrigued towards a certain topic. The reason? The girl didn’t even know herself, but as she emptied the popped popcorn into another bowl she figured….it had something to do with Sooyoung’s presence.

                She couldn’t deny the girl’s beauty, for she was very attractive. Handsome and pretty in the same face was something she hardly came across, but found when she looked at Sooyoung. She ignored the thoughts as she saw that the popcorn had already filled the bowl.

                She exited the kitchen, surprised to catch herself stuck between Sooyoung, who also decided to leave the kitchen at that moment; leaving her and Jessica caught in the doorframe.

               Both girls stared at each other, neither sure who should move first. She found herself basking in the air surrounded them ,realizing that the smell was indeed Sooyoung’s smell. It was a light airy scent, like fresh spring flowers and Jessica almost felt herself getting drunk off of it. Jessica was too caught up in staring into Sooyoung’s eyes, surprised at how captivating and alluring they were.

                ‘Just like the first day I saw her’

                Meanwhile, Sooyoung was starstruck. All the years of hiding her feelings successfully felt as though they were being demolished that very moment, for she couldn’t move; and if she tried speaking she felt as if her tongue would collapse in her very own mouth. She was amazed that she was in the same confined space as this angel. Able to faintly feel the latter’s warm, sweet smelling breath hit her face.

                 “Ohohohohohohoho, look who we caught under the mistletoe~” Yuri’s voice broke both girl’s out of their trance, before they looked up to see a familiar green plant drifting idly above them; they were indeed under mistletoe.

                  “Kiss her, kiss her, kiss her~”Yuri, Yoona, Sunny, Hyomin, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Hyoyeon and even Seohyun chanted from the living room, all excited to see what was going to happen next. What happened next was a shock to everyone.

                   Sooyoung, wanting her friends to shut up and to exit the space before her heart combusted leaned in and swiftly capture Jessica’s lips. It was a short kiss, but warm all the while. As she felt Jessica’s lips on hers her heart pretty much exploded; the years of wanting to taste said girl finally coming true. Jessica moved her lips in a quick but soothing motion, letting Sooyoung taste her strawberry flavored lipbalm. She too, felt an unfamiliar heat pool in the bottom of her stomach, wanting the kiss to continue even though she knew it wouldn’t. They kissed for almost 10 seconds, bowls still in hand, before Sooyoung pulled back, breathing semi-heavily.

                   She looked back towards the living room to see all 6 faces looking back at them, shock dripping from their eyes, Yoona mumbling a “I didn’t think she'd actually do it.”

                   It was quiet for a moment before Yuri, Hyoyeon, Taeyeon and Hyomin burst out into song;

                 ‘Caaaaaaan you feel, the loooveeee, tonighttt’

                 The peace the evening briiiinnnnggsss

                 The world, for once, in perfect harmony

                 With all its living thiiiiinnngs
                  

                 They paraded around the living room, arms around each other’s shoulders, the others simply fan-girling over the recent event as Sooyoung dropped her gaze and shook her head.

                   She looked up to meet Jessica’s blank gaze, not cold, but merely blank, before Sooyoung smiled.

                   “I’m sorry that I am associated with such jackasses.” she said, earning a small laugh from Jessica, who was still quite dazed from the kiss. Sooyoung flashed her another charming smile, before taking Jessica’s free wrist and pulling her towards the living room, much to Yoona, Sunny, Seohyun and Tiffany’s fan-girling pleasure.

                   Sooyoung set the bowl on a coffee table, pulling Jessica lightly from out behind her, signaling her to do the same. Jessica complied, before glaring at Tiffany, who began humming the ‘Wedding March’ song when she passed her.

                   “Alright, you four shut up and play the movie!” Sooyoung said, surprising herself as she was still holding Jessica’s wrist. But to the contentment of both parties, she did not let go. She simply pulled Jessica towards the couch, sprawling herself on the couch as Jessica took the hint to take up the previous position.

                   She did, sitting with Sooyoung’s legs in her lap, as the four chodings calmed down and were now with their respective girlfriends, as Yuri dimmed the lights, trotted to back to the room, the only source of light being the cackling fire and the screen of the TV.

                   Sooyoung faced her head towards the screen, smiling as she began watching to movie’s intro, the kiss still evident in her mind. She slightly raised her hands to her lips, touching them gently as if to assure herself that it did really happen, her smile widening as she did so.

                   Unbeknownst to her, Jessica did the same thing, shocked that the kiss with this girl, she had enjoyed so much. She looked back to Sooyoung, whose tanned skin was illuminated by the TV’s pale glow and the fire’s harsh orange one, making her look even more beautiful. Jessica noticed that her hands were in the same position as hers.

                   ‘Who….are you Choi Sooyoung?’

======================================================================================

A/N Lol, I've only had this story for a week, yet I have 38 subscribers and the most amazing commenters in the whole wide world

ANYWAYYYYYY

U GUSTA?

Well I did lol, I found it really fun an enjoyable to write this Chapter

-Betyouguysdidn'texpectaSooSicakissnowdidyou-

BUT YES

IT HAPPENED

YOU ARE INDEED IN HEAVEN

Come hither my comments, please come hither D:

Anyway, there ya go

P.S.)I feel like writing one shots, anyone have requests? *ForeverAlone*

2.)Yes, that song they were singing was "Can You Feel The love Tonight" from the Lion King. I base some of these events off of my own life. So yeah....my friends and I are weird

3.)Who wants to know my secret to writing these chapters that you guys love so much?

4.)Here' the Japanese symbols Hyomin was talking about:

Love:

Idiots LOL:

http://www.flippinsweetgear.com/z/baka_kanji_mousepad-144953399202695604.html

(I couldn't get a proper image URL sorry)

3.)The Forget-me-not

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forget_me_not

I hope you see what I did there with the surprise flower(; 

Adios my lovelies!

P.S.S (Does that even exist?Whatevs,moving on)

I'm going to be in Boston for the weekend so I won't be able to update then

So I'll try and update tomorraaa <3