Chapter 7: The Vow he must keep

One Wish From A Shooting Star (INDEFINITE HIATUS)

Luhan’s gaze travelled to Hyun Ae’s beautiful face. “Uh, uhm” he bit his lips, trying to find the right words to say. He needed to get out of the cafeteria, he needed to go somewhere else, anywhere, just not the cafeteria. Just not where Hyun Ae is.

“Come on, Kris oppa is there too” she pointed towards the table that were currently occupied by Hwa Young and Kris. He looked at them and met Kris’s watchful eyes. His cold gaze electrified his whole being.

“Uhmm I’m sorry but,--“

“Oh Hyun Ae ya! Luhan hyung would loooooove to join you!” Kai suddenly interjected and placed his arms around Luhan’s shoulder “Right hyung?” he gave Luhan the look, and pressed his shoulders hard.

“Ah!” Luhan eyed Kai but he didn’t care.

“Oh, What happened sunbae?” Hyun Ae asked him worriedly.

“Ah-rasso I meant” he giggled awkwardly while Kai smiled at his victory.

“Oh that’s good, come!” Hyun Ae said. Then one by one 10 more heads popped out from the counter’s side. All of them coughed and Hyun Ae noticed them right away.

She smiled at their silliness. “You guys can join us too”

Then all of them jumped and skipped to the table where Kris and Hwa Young sat. Only Kai and Luhan slowed their pace from the rest of the boys.

“Yah! What was that for?” Luhan raised his voice but he also made sure that no one heard them.

 “You can thank me later hyung” and with that Kai re-joined the gang leaving Luhan behind.

As Luhan finally reached the table all of the other boys except Kris declared in unison.

“Order us food please!” They pouted and did all of their aegyos. Luhan couldn’t resist it when they did that, it was his weakness.

“Aish!” Luhan stomped his feet “I just went there!” he complained but walked back to the counter anyway. He liked being lazy but he loved his hyungs and dongsaengs more. They were his life… well, they were in the second place. Hyun Ae being in the first place will always be unreplaceable, even though she was oblivious of her real importance to him. She meant the world to him, but that fact won’t be discovered. Never.  “Lazy bums” he whispered, trying to distract his thoughts. He seriously needed to stop thinking about her.

The boys high fived each other to announce their victory over poor Luhan. “Ok, we sent him away” Chanyeol pulled an evil laugh and clasped his hands together and fixed his vision towards Hyun Ae “So now that he’s currently away, I want to ask hoobae a question”

“What is it sunbae?” Hyun Ae asked right away, seeing that Chanyeol was looking at her

“Don’t you think that---“ He could see Kris staring at him intently. The stare took him a back. He knew what it meant right away. It was the I-will-kill-you-if-you-ask-her-about-Luhan stare.

Chanyeol gulped and cleared his throat right away “Don’t you think that these fries are too awesome to resist?” Chanyeol awkwardly pulled out some fries from Kris’s plate

“Yah! Wait for your own food” SuHo slapped his hands away but Chanyeol already got some and stuck out his tongue. SuHo glared in irritation but shrugged it off after a while.

Hwa Young laughed at them and continued to eat her lunch. Suddenly she noticed Hyun Ae standing up and started to walk. “Hyun Ae yah!” Hyun Ae looked back immediately.

“Where are you going?” Hwa Young asked.

“I’m going to help sunbaenim. He only has two hands you know” she smiled and looked away. Hwa Young then laughed to herself. ‘Go get him girl. I’m glad that you’re finally starting to lessen your shyness’ she thought and smiled to her self.

“Wah! Hyun Ae is so amazing” D.O complimented.

“Damn right you are” Tao said while giving him a thumbs up. “I’m glad that you introduced us to them Kris hyung!”

They all smiled at the memories that were over flowing in their brains.

Just a few months ago, Hyun Ae and Hwa Young entered their lives through Kris. The two were always bullied and people downgraded their capabilities therefore Kris stood up for them. He really hated the rich and poor standards in their school. He believed that there should not be classifications of human beings. He believed that everyone should be treated equally.

 “Yeorobun annyeong!” Kris waved at his circle of friends who were seated in the green grass below the trees. They also waved back and noticed the two unfamiliar girls that were following him. Both of them were pretty in their own way and gave them a friendly aura as they were approaching. All of them sensed that they were nowhere to be compared to those other girls that only wanted their money and fame.

“Who are these girls hyung?” Sehun stared at the two girls from top to bottom “Your two girlfriends?”

“Aniyo!” He defended “They came to hang out with us”

“It’s Hyun Ae and Hwa Young right?” Luhan stood up and went to them “Nice to meet you. I’ve heard a lot about you two from Kris” he extended his arms to them. The two girls gladly accepted it and gave him a friendly smile.

“Nice to meet you too” they both said as they shook hands.

Then suddenly D.O ran towards them and hugged them “Yey! We have two girl friends now!” He hugged them tightly and buried his face in their shoulders. The two girls stiffened at his sudden action but they didn’t push him away.

Baekhyun grabbed his shirt from the back “Nado nado! I want a hug!” he displayed his cute facials which made Kris and Luhan puke. D.O pouted, he didn’t like it when he was pulled out from a hug.

Chen, Lay, Tao, Xiumin, Chanyeol and Kai stood up and walked towards the group. “Kris hyung can we keep them?”

“Yah! Do you think they’re dogs?” he shouted in anger.

“We don’t mean it like that”

“Hey do you speak?” Sehun poked them continuously in their shoulders. Hwa Young found him really cute and wanted to pinch his cheeks but she resisted so she wouldn’t give them a weird first impression.

“I’m the maknae by the way, and even if you’re younger, I’m still the maknae. Arrasso?” he pinched their cheeks “Ok noonas?”

“Arrasso” they both smiled and nodded their heads. The rest of the boys could only stare at him. They were used to it already.

‘There he goes again with his aegyo’ Luhan thought and smiled to himself’

“Omo! They spoke to me they spoke!” Sehun jumped up and down and landed into Luhan’s shoulders “But one more thing, you can never steal Luhan hyung away from me, got it?” Sehun loved his hyung very much that he’d beat up anyone who dared to hurt him.

“Do you think you own hyung? We love him too!” they all said in accord and gave Luhan a hug.

“Yah! Go away!” He pushed them back but they didn’t bugde.

“You two!” Xiumin pointed at them “Join the group hug!”

The two girls nodded and joined in. At that point their lives changed automatically. It was so much better and brighter than before.

===================================================================

“Thanks” Luhan handed the cash to the registrar and looked at all of the food that was in front of him. “Now, how do I get this to them. There’s too many! And I bet they won’t even help”

“I’ll help you” came Hyun Ae’s sweet voice. She then started to pick up the food that she could carry.

“You don’t have to Hyun Ae yah”

“I insist” she smiled at him and carried more food into her tray. “Wow there’s so much food”

“They’re pigs, they can finish all that in one sitting”

“I know, because you’re one of them too” she teased.

“Yah! I’m not a pig” he pouted cutely.

Hyun Ae giggled and stared at him. Unknowingly, she raised her hands to his cheek. She then pinched it gently.

Realising what she just did, her eyes widened at her sudden action ‘Hyun Ae you pabo!’ she mentally slapped herself. “Mianhe, I didn’t mean to do ---“

“It’s ok, please stay like this for a while” Luhan caressed her hand that was still placed in his right cheeks. He couldn’t take it anymore. For minutes he forgot about his sworn promise, to not give Hyun Ae any high hopes or whatsoever. But he just couldn’t.

“Can we have the food now?” Kris stared at them as they jumped in surprise and quickly dropped their hands that were once connected. Although he asked the question like he saw nothing, Luhan could see fury from his stare.

Like the blinding light that struck him at the moment of his supposed death. He immediately came to realise what his second life was for. The vow he must keep. To give this chance to Kris and to let her go. Let Hyun Ae go for the sake of her contentment.


Glossary for today:

Hoobae - Junior

Noona - Older girl/sister (in this case, older girl)

 

Hey guys! lovelyndgrey2230 here!

I've updated Chapter 7! Thankyou so much for waiting patiently and commenting your opinions! AND ALSO TO THE NEW SUBSCIBERS, COMMENTS AND UPVOTES, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!! YOU ARE ALL REALLY AWESOME! 

PS. As you can see, there is a blue highlighted part within the story. It's actually flashbacks ^^ I'll use that form now instead of using *Flashback* and *End of Flashback* since it is neater this way :)

Well that's it for today ^^ Pls do comment and dont forget to upvote (if you think this story deserves one ^^ hehe i'd love you forever)

Annyeong!

~lovelyndgrey2230
  15/04/14