Chapter 11: Confession

One Wish From A Shooting Star (INDEFINITE HIATUS)

Their hearts thumped like there was no tomorrow. As their faces angled left and right, the view in front of them was ignored. Their kiss was much brighter than the lights of Gwangan. Much more breathtaking than its beauty.  Hyun Ae’s tears landed on Luhan’s cheek. The drop of tear that he felt made him wake up. What was he doing?

‘What am I doing?’ he thought as his eyes slowly opened. He sat frozen, dumbstruck, lips still sealed with hers. Everything went so quick that he hadn’t realized his own doings. He quickly pulled away and saw Hyun Ae’s disappointed face. Her heart broke when her lips had lost its contact to the opposite. He had retreated away from her. He had rejected her again. Although it was the first time she had confessed, it wasn’t the first time that he had ignored her. His avoidance alone was equivalent to saying no to her.

‘That’s it Hyun Ae’ she let a tear drop her eyes and wiped it off harshly. She had to stop being so naïve. She had to stop hoping that he’d ever accept her as his. She just had to, agonizingly compulsory that she had to. As silence filled the two of them again, she stood up firm.

“Hyun Ae!” Luhan grabbed her hands. His expression showed his apology but it was useless since Hyun Ae had her back to him.

“I get it sunbae,” she managed to speak even though her voice cracked. It was too much for her heart to bear. She felt relieved that her back shielded her from Luhan. “I know you can never love me… because you only have eyes for her…you only have eyes for Yoona” she gulped trying to cry no more. “Yoona sunbaenim likes you sunbae, and I know you like her too”

Luhan tightened his grip unto Hyun Ae’s hands. ‘Im Yoona?’ he thought in shock. “What are---“

“Stop. Just stop Luhan” she shoved his hands away, still refusing to face him “Stop pretending like you don’t know”

“Hyun Ae you’ve mista---“

“You must have been thinking about her while kissing me huh?” tears trickled down her angered face.

“Listen to me God damn it!”  he pulled her to face him. “What in the world are you talking about!?!”

“You don’t have to explain it to me sunbae. Besides, what’s there to explain? I’m just your hoobae right? I’m just your friend. In fact I should be happy” she wiped her tears again and laughed “Why am I crying though?” then her face returned back to its original state. It was so hard to pretend that she was alright. Denial had always been the definition of her love life, and she needed to get out of it from now on. Starting now.

“Don’t worry sunbae…Na neun gwaenchana. I want to thankyou instead” she looked down to the sand as she let the tears gush down. “I’m still thankful for that kiss. Even if I was just a substitute to her”

“You do not understand I don---“

“Then tell me you love me” she anticipated for his response but the expression on his face immediately answered her. “See? You can’t right? Why? Why! Why Luhan!?! I’ve been such a fool trying to distract myself from liking you. I’d get satisfied right away with just one smile from you but the next minute, you break my heart into pieces knowing that you constantly keep your distance. Why must you confuse me!?! You should’ve just ignored me! We shouldn’t have met!” she cried even more than before “But don’t worry, I won’t be a burden to you anymore” she paused before saying her last words “Goodbye”

And with that, Hyun Ae ran away as fast as she could. Away from her heart break… away from her sadness… away from Luhan.

‘Luhan… thanks for everything. Thanks for the first… and the very last kiss’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Something’s fishy about those three…” Lay placed his jaw to the palm of his hands, displaying a thinking expression.

“Tell me about it” Tao said while sighing.

Him, Lay, Chen, Xiumin and Baekhyun were sitting at a café waiting for the rest of the boys and Hwa Young to come back from ordering.

"Luhan hyung, Kris hyung and Hyun Ae didn’t even come with any of us! Are they having a meeting without us or something?” Baekhyun said while resting his face on the table, waiting patiently for their snacks.

“Oh, so you mean like a meeting about who’s going to have Hyun Ae at a certain time?” Chen joined the conversation.

“I bet they are” Xiumin agreed.

“They could be setting up a time table already. Let’s say, Kris gets half of the day and half of it will be Luhan’s” Suho said while settling into the chair, he had just finished ordering his food and left the other guys with Hwa Young. All the other boys giggled at his humour.

“Haha funny” came Kyungsoo’s sarcastic reply as he approached them.

“Eavesdropper” Suho glared at him while Kyungsoo comfortably sat beside him.

“You wouldn’t really call it eavesdropping when I can hear you all the way from the counter you big mouth”

“Yah! I’m your hyung!”

“Arrasso haraboji. Mian, mian. Kyungsoo is just joking” Kyungsoo inserted his arms around Suho’s and leaned in to rub his head.

“Aish!” Suho said as he ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair. Being the mature one sure was hard. ‘Why can’t I be the baby for once?”  He smiled at the thought.

“Yeoreobun! Kaja! I’ve received a message from Kris oppa” Hwa Young shouted. It was time they made their way to the bonfire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hyun Ae ya!” Kris spotted Hyun Ae who was running towards him “Annyeong!”

Hyun Ae panted and tried to catch her breath as she approached Kris with a smile. “I saw your message oppa. Wah! So warm!” she said as she made her way to sit across the bonfire that served as the light to the beach side. Kris smiled to himself as he continued grilling the pork belly for BBQ.

“Samgyeopsal, jeohwahae?” he asked while looking at her. He was amazed at how she was just staring at the fire with joy.

“Ne!” she faced him and smile. As she looked away, she found comfort through the fire. At least it was warm, at least it wasn’t cold… like how cold the breeze was when she had faced her biggest fear a while ago. ‘You’ve tried everything Hyun Ae. It’s done’

“Asa!” Hwa Young and the rest of EXO threw a fist in the air to express their happiness. They could smell the BBQ that Kris was currently cooking.

“Baegopa!” Tao said as he reached to his tummy to rub it. They had not eaten anything since they had arrived.

They all settled into the sand and pulled out the snacks that they had purchased from the café. Hwa Young distributed the warm coffee to everybody else and sat down. “Luhan sunbaenim eodiya?” Hwa Young called Luhan and turned the loudspeaker on for everyone to hear.

“Paliwa!” everyone said in unison making Luhan cringe in pain.

“Yeogi! Na yeogisseo! Why are you all shouting!” he flashed a bright smile and ended the calls as he approached the group. “I’m sorry I’m late”

“Annyeong!” they waved to Luhan.

“Yah! You’re always late!” Kris said enthusiastically making everyone surprised.

“Wah! What did you eat today hyung? Why are you so happy?” Chanyeol asked while sipping his Latte.

“I’m always happy. Luhan anja” he gestured Luhan to the spot where everyone else is.

He nodded and sat beside Sehun. After 15 minutes, the Samgyeopsal that Kris was cooking was finally ready.

“Jalmukesumnida!” everyone bowed to the food and started eating. The place went quiet as they ate. Everyone watched the night sky above them with a smile as they enjoyed the food that was sitting neatly in front of them.

“Hyun Ae” Kris interrupted the silence and walked towards her. He suddenly reached for his pocket to search for a red velvety box. Everyone stopped what they were doing and focused their eyes onto Kris.

“I know this would be embarrassing for you but… I-I want them to know” he held the box towards Hyun Ae’s face.

“That night I didn’t have the chance to prepare and that’s why I asked you so suddenly. And so I wish to do it again…” he slowly opened its case precautiously.

Hwa Young cupped with her hands. “I think I’m going to faint”

The others stared in shock… speechless. Luhan’s throat dried up as he watched the scene that unfolded before his very eyes.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”


Glossary for today:

Na neun gwaenchana - I'm fine

Haraboji - Grandfather

Samgyeopsal, jeohwahae? - Do you like samgyeopsal?

Asa! - Awesome!

Baegopa - I'm hungry

Eodiya? - Where are you?

Paliwa! - Come quickly!

Yeogi - Here

Na neun yeogisseo - I'm here

Anja - Sit

Jalmukesumnida - I will eat well

*Samgyeopsal is a popular Korean dish. Commonly served as an evening meal, it consists of thick, fatty slices of pork belly meat (similar to uncured bacon). The meat, usually neither marinated nor seasoned, is cooked on a grill at the diners’ table. Usually diners grill the meat themselves and eat directly from a grill. It is often dipped into a spicy pepper paste.

 

Hello guys! I've finally updated ^^ Thankyou for waiting patiently! I hope you guys liked this update. Happy reading!

OMG OMG OMG! YOU DO KNOW YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME RIGHT? I LOVE YOU! THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR THE 200+ SUBS, 50+ UPVOTES AND 100+ COMMENTS! This is my first time receiving so much love and support from my readers...and for that author nim is really realy grateful to have such loyal readers. :*

Well that's it from me today guys! Pls leave me comments ok? Take care!

See you all in my next update! :*

~lovelyndgrey2230
  30/04/14