Chapter 13: A Friend's Frustration

One Wish From A Shooting Star (INDEFINITE HIATUS)

“Of-of course she’s your—“

“Chill!” Kris patted Luhan’s shoulder to comfort him “Why do you look so agitated?” he pulled a snicker that made Luhan feel relieved.

‘Glad he didn’t suspect anything more’ Luhan calmed himself and went back to cleaning.

‘You think I’ll just leave you with that? I’m definitely missing something here. I know you’re up to something Luhan’ Kris thought to himself as he chucked all of the remaining garbage bags.

“Kaja! We still have a lot to do tomorrow!” Kris finally said after he finished cleaning. When he saw Luhan’s nod, he immediately encircled his arms around Luhan’s shoulder and walked their way to the hotel that they were staying in for one night. Even though he found Luhan disappointing and frustrating at times, he will always be his best friend and a person who had always been there whenever he needed someone. As much as he hated Luhan for being in the way of his happiness, he couldn’t manage to throw away 4 years of friendship or even risk the bond that he has with EXO.

Both of them waved goodbye as they entered into their rooms. They all had 4 rooms containing 2 people. As Luhan entered the room he immediately saw his roommate for the night, Sehun who was crossing his arms to his chest. He stood up firmly beside his bed. Suddenly, the awkward atmosphere was present.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” Luhan raised a brow to Sehun who was still crossing his arms and was now frowning with a mixture of disappointment and annoyed look on his face.

Luhan’s insides suddenly tensed. The maknae wasn’t usually like this; he would never cross his arms towards his hyung. Something was definitely wrong with Sehun. “You know what if you’re not going to say anything, I’m just going to—“

“How long are you going to pretend that you’re okay hyung?” Sehun’s facials suddenly dropped into sadness. A tear suddenly escaped his worried face.

“Yah… why are you crying?” Luhan widened his eyes and started approaching to Sehun’s bed where Sehun was now currently seated. He patted Sehun’s back and consoled him “Is something wrong?”

“Hyung. Geumanhae. I should be the one saying that, but here I am crying like a fool.” Sehun rubbed his eyes to stop his tears from falling.

“What are you talking about exactly? Why should you be the one to console me?” Luhan asked once again. He knew what Sehun meant but he never actually thought that Sehun would get it right away. In the past, Sehun had always been the one who was the slow thinker but through twisted fates and time that they have right now, it wasn’t just him who had changed, it seemed that everybody else had. But her, she never did. Hyun Ae never changed one bit. She was still that amazing girl whom he met through Kris, that girl who made him happy in his past life. Then suddenly flashbacks of what happened a while ago flooded his brain. A sad smile was formed in his face ‘Something about her did change. The man who will make her happy is no longer me and will never ever be’ he thought miserably. Luhan mentally wanted to smack himself for thinking about Hyun Ae instead of thinking about Sehun who had been crying since he first entered the room.

“It’s about Hyun Ae noona… hyung, you guys are perfect for each other. Luhan—“

“Yah I’m your hyung”

“You think I care about that right now? Luhan… I’m trying to prove my point here. Come back to your senses! Can’t you see that Hyun Ae loves you as well? I know she hadn’t said anything but I can see it in her eyes hyung… Luhan hyung, I just don’t want to see you hurt in the future. I know it’s not something to cry for but I’m worried about you hyung. Stop with all these charades and be happy.”

“You don’t know anything Sehun, and you’ll never know the whole story… it’s too complicated that it is driving me nuts… it’s already too hard for me to comprehend therefore you’ll only be confused and would probably think that I’m crazy if I was to tell you everything” a tear escaped his eyes as he felt his heart clench “But all I can say is that this is the only way to everyone’s happiness, EXO’s, Kris’s and Hyun Ae’s. This is all I could do for everyone”

“Happiness? Hyung you call my tears happiness? I’m not even in the right spot to cry but imagine Hyun Ae who has every right to cry. Imagine Hyun Ae’s feelings right now hyung. Is it really happiness that you’re giving her?” Sehun looked intently into his hyung’s eyes, while one last tear dropped down his face. He sighed and wiped all of the tears in his eyes “Hyung, I’m tired. I’m going to sleep now. Jalja” He fixed his bed as soon as Luhan made his way to his own bed.

“Arrasso. Jalja uri maknae” Luhan said as he switched off the lamp that was providing them light. With a yawn that signified his tiredness after a long day, he closed his eyes as slideshows of today’s twist and turns arose in his subconscious.

‘I wish to see you once more’ A voice echoed through the darkness ‘To tell you how much I love you’ the voice continued. Then suddenly a bright light covered the darkness overhead. It was a star that twinkled brightly as if it was more powerful than the sun itself.

‘Tick tock, tick, tock’ the sound of clocks engulfed its current calm view. Somehow everything turned suspenseful, panicky. The star that once shined up all its light. There was nothing left but darkness. Only the sound of clocks remained and more nerve wracking, another sound came and somewhat harmonized the clock’s ticking. It was the sound of a timer this time. ‘405, 02, 30, 00’. Numbers showed itself from the distant darkness. The numbers changed quickly from ‘00’ to ‘59’ while ‘30’ turned into ‘29’. It was unstoppable, ticking sounds fastened its pace, the timer beeped loudly as the numbers itself quickened its countdown.

*BEEEEEPPPP* “AAAAhhhh!” Luhan literally jumped as his body positioned itself into a sitting position. He looked to his left and could still hear the beep of his alarm clock “Aish! Shikeuro!” he tapped the alarm clock’s head harshly as he inhaled and exhaled air desperately “What in God’s name was that?” he gulped and blankly stared at the white wall trying to calm himself down from the weirdest dream he had ever experienced. He flinched at the sun rays that gained its contact with his right cheek. It was already 8:00 in the morning, he grudgingly removed the blanket that covered his legs and searched for Sehun.

“Morning hyung” Sehun emerged from the bathroom, wiping his wet hair with a white towel “Did you hear someone screaming hyung?” he asked Luhan as he shook his wet hair to remove all of the remaining water.

“A-ani!” Luhan said defensively while Sehun shrugged in response.

“It’s your turn to shower now hyung. I’m probably going to be down in the cafeteria once you’re finished. We’ll wait for you so hurry ok? I’m famished.” Luhan gave him a nod and made his way to the bathroom.

Sehun quickly dressed up and combed his hair back “Smexy!” he braggingly stated in front of the mirror while doing poses as if he was on pictorial. He stopped when he saw Luhan laughing in the mirror’s reflection. The punk hadn’t started showering yet.

“Sorry to interrupt but is it alright if you could bring me my jeans? The red one please” Luhan bit his lip to refrain from cracking a laugh at Sehun’s self-praising.

Sehun who was now the colour of a tomato glared at Luhan and went to find his hyung’s jeans. When he finally found it, he chucked it into Luhan’s face “Yah pali! I will really kill you if you’re not done in 5 minutes!” he yelled and stomped his way to the door.

“This punk” Luhan shook his head at Sehun’s silliness.

“Aish!” Sehun continued to glare as he was on his way to the hotel’s cafeteria.

“Sehun-ah!” A male voice came from behind “Kaji gaja!” Suho’s voice echoed through the hotel’s hallway.

“Morning hyung! Did you have a good night’s sleep?”

“How can I have a good night’s sleep when Kris kept snoring? I don’t even know why he decided to sleep in our room and left Tao all alone in the other room. Xiumin literally kicked him off the bed after a while but he still wouldn’t budge”

“Kris hyung jinja!” Sehun laughed with Suho and after a while they have finally reached the elevator.

“So how is Luhan?” Suho initiated the conversation. This time, with a serious tone.

“Not even close to Ok” Sehun looked down “He’s seriously keeping it all to himself. Na igeo jinja silheo hyung! I’m so frustrated”

“Don’t worry, I’ll talk to him” he reassured. The elevator bell sounded signifying that they had reached the 1st floor where the cafeteria was located. They saw the rest of crew already seated in one table as they waved and smiled to them.

“Where’s Luhan hyung?” Kai asked Sehun and Suho while they found chairs to sit on.

“He’s coming”

“Tch. He’s always late” Kyungsoo complained “Ah jinja baegopa!”

“Na do” everyone in unison replied.

“I’m here! Morning everyone! Let’s order!” Luhan exclaimed from behind.

“Finally!” Everyone except Hyun Ae shouted.

“Gwaenchana?” Kris eyed the girl beside him who looked ultimately bored. She had not said anything since this morning when they saw each other.

“Gwaenchanayo” Hyun Ae reached for Kris’s hands and caressed it “Don’t worry”

Kris smiled in return and looked at the menu to order for the two of them. After 5 minutes, everyone finished ordering and was now waiting patiently for the food to come.

“So what shall we do today? Remember, this is our last day here! Let’s make it worthwhile! Tomorrow it’s back to reality unfortunately”

“Let’s go to the club tonight!” Chanyeol interjected “It will be so much fun!”

“Yah! Yah! Are you even legal? You’re only 17!” Luhan warned his dongsaeng.

“You’re not legal either! You’re just older than me in months, and besides, I never said we were going to drink. Let’s just dance and enjoy ourselves with the music”

“And eat some yummy food of course!” Tao stared at the ceiling dreamily at the thought of food being served in the table.

“Yehet! We should go!” Sehun the maknae insisted.

“Yah! You too?” Luhan raised a brow

“Dangyunhaji! I don’t want to be left out. I promise I won’t drink!” Sehun raised his right hand to prove his point.

“Fine” Luhan gave up finally. Soon the table was full of jeers and laughters.

“That sounds like fun! Mind if I join you guys?” Out of the blue, a voice interrupted their giggles. A frown formed across eveyone’s faces.

‘No, just no’ Hwa Young thought miserably. Now their ‘party-all-night’ Sunday was definitely going to be ruined.


Glossary for today:

Jalja - Goodnight (informal)

Uri - Our

Maknae - Youngest

Kaji gaja - Let's go together

Na igeo jinja silheo - I really hate this

Yehet - Yey

Danghyunhaji! - Ofcourse/Definitely

 

Hello my readers! It's been a while since my last update (excluding the voting thing, which wasnt really an update, sorry if it disapointed you XD) 

So i have said that i was going to close the votes 5 days later but because the votes clearly showed the clear winner, I've decided to just write the next chapter (which took me two days) and post it :) It's kind of long (not so long tbh) and maybe some of the bits were a bit boring so i apologise if i bored you to death, I tried to make it more interesting for you guys and if you found this chapter not so appealing then i apologize *bows* I'll work hard to write a better chapter next time! But i do hope that this chap was at least worth for the long wait...

Hehe and thankyou so much for all of you who took time to vote, and yes the KRIS IS STAYING AS THE SECOND LEAD MALE CHARACTER! YEHET! I'd also love to thank the new subs and upvotes! I really realy appreciate it! REALLY! <3

I'm looking forward to your comments :) Have a lovely day! :) Muahhh! :* That's it for today guys! Until my next update!,

~lovelyndgrey2230
  22/05/14