Chapter 23: A day at the hospital

One Wish From A Shooting Star (INDEFINITE HIATUS)

The next day Seunghyun and his parents decided to visit Luhan and let him see his CT scan. When they finally reached Luhan’s room, they went inside and saw Luhan reading a newspaper on the bed.

“Hello son!” Luhan’s parents greeted while Seunghyun followed behind, “Hyung~” he scrunched his face and ran towards Luhan to give him a hug. “You stubborn hyung! Why’d you have to fill in Kris’s spot? You didn’t have to! Look at you now!” he broke the hug while Luhan ruffled his hair.

“You punk. Of course I had to fill in. Kris wasn’t in his best condition like I was, I wasn’t being careful that’s why it happened.” Luhan defended his friend.

“Look who’s talking, you’re clearly aware that your back isn’t as good as everyone else, you should be more careful next time Luhan.” His mum scolded while her husband rubbed her back to coax her.

“Hey, no need to be angry. What’s important is that he’s fine and he didn’t break a bone either.”

Luhan scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. Something was definitely off. “Appa, can I see my CT scan results?”

“Oh, here it is!” He handed in the CT scan results with a smile on his face. Luhan was definitely confused now. If he remembered clearly, his dad’s face wasn’t this happy in the past life. Hesitatingly, Luhan grabbed hold of the envelope that contained the results and opened it. As he read through the page, his hands trembled but unlike before, it was the complete opposite.

It said nothing about bone breakage that may lead to further destruction of the lungs. The doctor didn’t prescribe anything that may lead to a disease and the most unforeseen thing that he noticed in the results,

His lungs were 100% healthy. In fact, his immune system became healthier than he’s supposed to be.

“Luhan! You’re 100% healthy! Thank God!” his mother cried in happiness as the moved to him to form a group hug. Luhan was frozen in between hugs.

‘Am I really 100% healthy?’ he thought to himself. It was a mixture of confusion and shock. He was supposed to be happy but something was definitely not right.

‘Of course you’re healthy, didn’t you look at the CT scan?’ Leeteuk interjected in his thoughts. ‘Congratulations Luhan. You can quit worrying about going to your death bed.’

Luhan clearly heard Leeteuk’s sarcastic greeting. Now, he knew something was definitely more serious than this. His actions all lead to something and if he chose the wrong choice, that something can definitely go out of hand.

A knock was heard on the door, it opened and revealed his ‘girlfriend’. Immediately the hug became loose and they all retreated to look at the girl. Seunghyun’s face became sour while his parents wondered who she was.

“Annyeonghaseyo, jeo ireumeun Im Yoona ibnida. Panggabseubnida” She bowed and greeted with a smile. Seunghyun pretended to puke in the background while his parents weren’t looking.

Luhan’s face became soulless and finally he managed to ask Leeteuk, ‘Hyung… tell me… have I been choosing the wrong choices all along?’

Hyun Ki then responded, “Luhan? Who is this girl?”

Se Young eyed her from head to toe and looked at Luhan after, waiting for his response. Luhan sighed before replying.

“Mum, Dad, Seunghyun… meet my girlfriend. Yoona.”

Seunghyun looked at him in rage, he stood up and yelled, he was surprised and was unable to control his feelings, “Neo PABO?” his parents stared at Seunghyun, embarrassed at his actions, he cupped his mouth and sat back down.

‘Did you hear what Seunghyun said? That’s what you are. Stupid. Reap what you sow.’ And with that Leeteuk left his thoughts, making him puzzled more than ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school bell rang and it was time for the school’s lunch break which meant they had an hour to visit Luhan in the hospital. EXO quickly grabbed their bags from their individual lockers. They then picked up Hwa Young from her classroom and walked out of school in order to walk to the nearest hospital. The boys noticed the space beside Hwa Young and figured that Hyun Ae was once again absent since the day Luhan was admitted. It’s been two days now. At the same time, Hwa Young counted the boys, as she usually does, so she knows they’re all complete but she only counted 10.

“Where’s guy number 11?” Hwa Young said to break the awkward silence.

“He’s been absent since that incident,” Tao said, “They’re probably together right now.”

Hwa Young left it at that to prevent being annoying since they all looked serious and obviously knew that something was going on between the couple. She grabbed her phone from her pocket and pressed Hyun Ae’s number.

‘The number you have dialled is currently not available. Please try again later’

“Again?” Hwa Young sighed in frustration.

“She won’t answer you either?” Sehun asked in confusion. “I thought she would at least answer you, I can’t believe she wouldn’t answer two of the most important people in her life.”

Kai was quietly listening to the two of them and thought, ‘Hyun Ae… jebal, don’t make us worry like this!’ he frustratingly said in his mind, “Seriously, what the hell is the problem with these three!”

“Ah kkamjagiya!” All of them exclaimed in unison. “Yah Jongin! Don’t scare us like that, suddenly shouting when were quiet, are you insane?” Chanyeol said, raising his voice.

“You’re the INSANE one!” Kai spat in anger and walked faster than everyone else.

“Merong~!” Hwa Young stuck out her tongue to Chanyeol as he moved towards her, threatening a punch. The boys held him back while Hwa Young continued to .

“Yah, Lee Hwa Young! Park Chanyeol! If you continue to bicker, we’ll send you to the nearest church to get married! You act like a married couple anyway!” Suho said while standing in between them, pushing both of their bodies away from each other.

Kai who heard this from a far smirked and said quietly, “Go ahead hyung, Chanyeol won’t mind one bit.”

“Seoljiki mareulhaebwa, do you or do you not like someone as of the moment?”

Chanyeol gulped as Kai inched forward.  “Should I rephrase my question?” he inched further, “Do you or do you not like Hwa Young?”

Chanyeol fell from his seat and suddenly he became afraid of his dongsaeng, “Jongin-ah, wae geurae?”

“Because if not, I can date her right?” Kai smirked, his eyes challenging Chanyeol.

At that moment, Chanyeol immediately stood up to defend Hwa Young, “Yah! Stay away from her you jerk!”

“So then tell me! Do you or do you not like her?” Kai said once again.

“I do dammit! I only started liking her so keep that dirty mouth of yours shut! Or else you’re really going to lose it!”

Kai laughed to himself at his cunning techniques to make his hyungs fess up. It didn’t quite work for Luhan but he wasn’t done with it yet.

He’s going to try again, and this time, there was no going back for Luhan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So Yoona agassi, may I ask when you two started dating?” Se Young said in curiosity. She didn’t like this girl and if she remembered correctly, it was Park Hyun Ae that Luhan liked, not Im Yoona. Luhan was up for some serious lecture afterwards, for now, it was time to bombard her with questions.

Yoona awkwardly smiled at Luhan and Seunghyun and then towards Hyun Ki, “Ah…not a while ago.”

Se Young’s suspicion only raised, ‘Hmph. She doesn’t even know what date they started dating? Is this how you treat my son?’ she thought and only smiled at her, hiding her inner motive. “Oh, I see. Well, if it’s ok with you, I’d like to ask, what do you like about my son? You know, he always snores when he sleeps, his feet stinks, he’s very hairy and…”

“MOM!” Luhan yelled and frowned, “Are you done?”

Yoona chuckled and replied, “He’s very loyal.” She said and looked at Luhan, ‘You’re very loyal to her, not me, but I plan on changing that.’ She thought to herself and looked back to Se Young again.

“Loyal? Did you just say hyung’s loyal? If he was loyal then…”

“Seunghyun geumanhe…” Hyun Ki eyed him and warned.

 “I’m sorry, Seunghyun’s just a bit pissed today,” Se Young reassured Yoona and looked at Seunghyun, “Dear, why don’t you go get us some drinks. A cold drink most especially.”

Seunghyun scoffed and ran out, ‘If he was loyal, he wouldn’t have dated that wench and kept loving Hyun Ae noona!’ he sped his way to the cafeteria and unknowingly someone noticed him from behind.

‘Isn’t that Seunghyun?’ Hwa Young thought as she and the rest of EXO were walking towards Luhan’s room. She suddenly stopped making the group pause.

“What’s up?” Lay said, after a hand came infront of them.

“Nothing, just you know, can we eat lunch first before going to Luhan’s room? I’m really hungry.” She reasoned, hoping to follow Seunghyun’s tracks.

“Uh…ok.” They then followed Hwa Young and went to the cafeteria to order some lunch. After they fell in line and got their lunches, Hwa Young excused herself from the group who were busy chatting and found her way to where Seunghyun was seated.

“I won’t ever go back to that room! They can thirst to death if they want!” he yelled to himself and munched on the sandwich that he ordered.

“Who did you say can thirst to death?” a voice came behind him.

“Ahh!” he yelled and some bits of food came out from his mouth.

“Eww you little brat.” Hwa Young complained as she cleaned her dress which had some of Seunghyun’s food bits.

“Who told you to scare me anyway? That’s not my fault. Besides, what are you doing here?” he rolled his eyes and went back to eating.

“What are YOU doing here?” she fired back. Then Seunghyun suddenly realised something; Hwa Young doesn’t know that he was Luhan’s brother. As much as he wanted to tell Hwa Young that Luhan did like Hyun Ae, he didn’t want to hurt his brother either. He was fully aware that Luhan did like Hyun Ae but he would also like to understand why he dated Yoona in the first place. Seunghyun was going to tell the truth soon, but not just yet. Not until his plan was done.

“What is it to you? It’s none of your business.”

“Then it’s none of your business to ask me why I’m here either,” Hwa Young retorted back while Seunghyun glared at her again. Garnering her remaining patience, she then asked him, “I saw you walking out Luhan’s room. What were you doing there?”

‘Damn this noona.’ Seunghyun cursed, why did she have to be such a stalker?

“Can’t I visit a friend? I heard he got injured, is it wrong to do it?” he sighed in relief, good thing he had a wise brain or else that would’ve blown his cover.

Hwa Young then stopped to think of his response and thought it was reasonable but another suspicion rose once again, “The thing is Seunghyun, I don’t trust that mouth of yours.” she leaned and whispered to Seunghyun’s ear, “You better not say anything about Hyun Ae or you’re really lose that mouth, got it?”

Seunghyun nodded obediently and whispered back, “I definitely won’t say a thing noona, that I can guarantee you.” he smirked and stood up to leave the table.

‘Of course I won’t say a thing because I’ll make them say it themselves.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the other side of the table, EXO was eating their lunch and at the same time trying to find where Hwa Young went. She had excused herself, saying she was going to the restroom first but it’s been nearly 20 minutes already since she’s been away.

Sehun noticed that Chanyeol kept raising his head trying to look for someone and was barely touching his food. “Yah, you’re going to turn into a giraffe if you keep doing that.”

And with that, Chanyeol sat still and grabbed his fork to eat his remaining salad portions. However, he caught glimpse of Kai laughing from beside him and kicked him under the table so he would shut up.

“Yah that was my foot!” Sehun yelled from across. The damned jerk knew he was going to do that, Kim effing Jongin had great reflexes. Angry, he took it out on Sehun since he can’t say anything to Kai or he’s really going to jump off a bridge.

“Who told you to have such long legs, who’s the giraffe now?”

“Yah! You have long legs too! That’s why you kicked mine in the first place! ” Sehun fired back and made a face to Chanyeol. He was about to say another word but then Hwa Young finally came back and heard their childish conversation. She wasn’t surprised, she actually thought it was cute.

“Shut up you two giraffes. This is why you should learn to sit up straight and stop slouching like you’re in the living room.” She smiled and chuckled as she headed to the empty seat that was in Chanyeol’s right. Hwa Young pushed Chanyeol’s back lightly using her right hand and pushed Chanyeol’s chest using her left. “There, you’re not slouching anymore.” She gave him a thumbs up and started eating her lunch which was now cold because of what happened earlier. ‘That kid seriously…’ she shook the thought away and happily ate.

Chanyeol couldn’t take his eyes away from Hwa Young. Her touch made his heart fasten its pace, his whole body froze and his gaze was focused only on Hwa Young. Sensing the aura of being watched, Hwa Young turned to her left only to meet Chanyeol’s gaze.

This was actually the first time for Hwa Young to see his features with such proximity. He had such wonderful sparkling eyes, his cheeks were itching to be pinched, his nose had a tall bridge, and his lips…

“Are you going to just stare at each other like that for the whole lunch or are we going to hurry eating and visit Luhan?” Baekhyun crossed his arms to his chest and threw them a bored stare.

“We’re going to hurry!” they said in unison and looked away from each other awkwardly.

‘Hwa Young you can’t possibly have feelings for this monkey looking guy can you? Andwae! Andwae!’ she thought while eating as fast as she could, almost choking herself.

‘Chanyeol, get a hold of yourself, pabo! Pabo! Why are you so obvious!’

Kai could only watch them with amusement, ‘Clueless fools in love, that’s going to be an interesting couple.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After minutes of talking to Yoona, Luhan’s mom watched her overall personality and actions. For some reasons, she wanted to understand why his son liked this Yoona girl. Something about this girl’s aura seemed to not match up with her outer persona. She was pretty, she can’t deny that fact, but something about her personality just didn’t match up to her pretty face. Her politeness seemed like a show but the way she looked at Luhan really looked like she really did love him. Luhan didn’t look at her the same way though. This so called relationship or bond or whatever didn’t seem right.

Pushing her judgemental thoughts away she was distracted by another knock on the door. They stopped their conversation and Hyun Ki who was reading his newspaper focused away from it. “Please come in.”

The door carefully opened, they could see a beautiful young lady wearing a pink chiffon casual dress with a white belt matched to her knee lengthened dress. Her straight black hair fell neatly to her shoulders and her fringe was tucked up into a cute ponytail. She seemed shocked and her eyes blinked rapidly. She was very shy but she finally came in and muttered her greeting.

Luhan stared at her, rubbing his eyes, unsure if what he saw was reality.

“A-annyeonghaseyo.” her voice was angelic. Luhan’s mum stared at his son and knew exactly who it was.

“Annyeonghaseyo agassi, may I know your name please?” Hyun Ki smiled at the young lady. She was poised and very pretty. Although she was shy, he knew she was bubbly and sweet on the inside. Hyun Ki knew who this was, he looked at his wife for confirmation and indeed he was right.

“I’m Luhan’s junior, Hyun Ae ibnida, Park Hyun Ae,” she bowed and smiled. “Annyeonghaseyo Luhan sunbaenim, how are you feeling?”

Luhan smiled brightly, his heart warmed at her presence, if he was dreaming he hoped it would never end.

“Sunbaenim, is your back ok now? I’m sorry I only visited today.” she moved forward and bowed once again to Se Young once she passed her and settled on the seat next to Yoona which was beside Luhan’s bed. “But I brought you some fruits to compensate for it!” she raised the basket full of his favourite fruits and looked at Luhan with a cheerful gaze.

‘What the heck?’ Yoona could only stare at Hyun Ae with disbelief, ‘Why is she acting like she’s the girl friend?’

Luhan’s parents stared at each other with meaningful gazes as they noticed Yoona’s obvious change of personality.

As if it was a telepathic message, Luhan’s parents both knew that Luhan wasn’t over Hyun Ae.

He was truly never over her, he’s just in denial, and Yoona’s a third wheel.


*Glossary for today*

Jeo ireumeun Im Yoona imnida, panggabseubnida - My name is Yoona, nice to meet you

Agassi - Young lady

Seoljiki mareulhaebwa - Tell me honestly

*for all of those who has no idea what a CT scan is, it is a medical imaging procedure that uses x-rays and digital computer technology to create detailed two- or three-dimensional images of the body.


Hello lovelies! Here's an update for all of youse!

I especially chose this day to update because IT'S MY BIRTHDAY haha! To be honest, all i really want for my birthday is to be happy and be healthy, and also, if it's possible, i hope someday this story gets featured too! I really really want to share this story to the rest of the AFF community because I really enjoy making people happy through story writing. Also before i forget, throughout 2014, I REALLY SINCERELY THANKYOU FOR EVERYTHING. The comments, subs, upvotes, the views,, EVERYTHING! JUST YOU ARE ALL SIMPLY AMAZING! 2015 just started and i hope you guys will still continue to support me for the coming months. 2014 was a big year for me and was probably the most tiresome too, but you guys always manages to make me happy through comments and always motivating me at my darkest time. SO THANKYOU! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU IS A BLESSING! :) ^^ And by the way, 9000+ views? thats insane!!! I've never reached that kind of views before, and i never thought i would reach that amount ^^ It's all thanks TO YOU! MY AWESOME READERS AND FRIENDS.

Until my next update, please leave comments as a birthday present muahahaah...show authornim some love lol,

~lovelyndgrey2230
6/01/15 (Authornim turns 15!)

BTW! If you have any questions or basically anything that you want to ask me, feel free to ask here!: http://ask.fm/lovelyndgrey2230