Chapter 19: Two Steps to Realisation

One Wish From A Shooting Star (INDEFINITE HIATUS)

“N-nothing, I hit my head on some pole while I was walking. It’s nothing serious.” Hyun lied as she took Luhan’s shaking hands off her face. Her heart beat rose at his contact but her mind was somewhere else.

Who was she talking to in her mind a while ago?

Yes, at times like this, she should be thinking about ways to stop the queenkas from bugging her but that thought didn’t come into picture. She was thinking about herself, whether she was just hallucinating because of stress or she had completely gone berserk. Whatever it was, she needed to know. Her attention darted onto Luhan’s, somehow her whole being told her that it was something to do with him.

“Hyun Ae, you need to go to the hospital!” Hyun Ae blinked when her thoughts were distracted yet again. It was only now that she noticed Luhan’s agitated face and the beads of sweat that was coming out from his forehead. She had never seen him this worried for a girl before, not even Yoona. ‘No Hyun Ae, you’re misunderstanding things again.’ She reminded herself.

‘No. You’re running away. You’re in denial’ the familiar voice came again. She shook her head and sighed. “I’m ok sunbae, I’ve already gone to the clinic so you don’t have to worry. Uhmm, I’m sorry but I have to go, I’ll see you around!”

“Hyun Ae!” Luhan called out but Hyun Ae gave him a reassuring smile and a small wave.

Luhan closed his mouth and said no words after that. He knew that he shouldn’t underestimate her. Besides, she was a strong girl even though people judged her as weak.

And most of all, she was a princess that had a prince to protect her. He wasn’t that prince.

“Looks like you need to kill a b****.” Came the most obvious voice that Luhan knew.

“Mind your language Seunghyun!” Luhan told his brother who came out of nowhere. At first he thought it was creepy that Seunghyun had a habit of scaring people by letting them misunderstand that he’s stalking them but now it was the usual for him. He classified him as ‘someone who tries to help by stalking the mentioned person’ because it was the truth. For some strange reasons, Seunghyun always captured the juiciest secrets that he needed to know to help his brother. It was amazing for Luhan’s part to have a brother like him but under these circumstances, it was best if he stayed away. Seunghyun was very loyal to Hyun Ae from the moment Luhan told him that he loved her and if he intervened, Luhan was afraid that Seunghyun might do every possible way that he could do to help his brother get Hyun Ae. The Seunghyun he knew in the past life was the same and that was bizarre.

Every little detail of the past had been changed. His and Kris’s destinies have been switched but why does fate lead him back to Hyun Ae? If he remembered it clearly, Kris had always kept quiet and never intervened but there he was now, caring for Hyun Ae like he was still the boyfriend.  

“What? I’m just stating facts!” Seunghyun said cooly, waking Luhan from his deep thoughts. “Kill Yoona. That is getting in my nerves these days!” he pleaded in anger.

Yoona?

Luhan gasped in shock. “It’s Yoona? How could it be Yoona when she was in my class doing PE as well?” Luhan thought hardly and suspected that it was Krystal.

“Yoona has her contacts you know, and—“ he was cut off when he noticed that no one was beside him anymore. “Tsk. This hyung has no manners at all!” he shook his head and laughed at his brother’s reaction.

“No dad. I-I was wrong. I don’t like her anymore nyeh nyeh nyeh. Pfft!” Seunghyun mimicked his brother’s denial tone back at home. “Like I would believe that b***s***.”

Luhan sped his way to the girls’ hangout place. They had no right to hurt her, he didn’t know how Hyun Ae got hurt but he’ll let them spill it out themselves and he’ll do whatever it takes to make them. He knew they were only friends, but their relationship didn’t matter anymore. He knew Kris was the right person to do this but Hyun Ae meant so much to him. He couldn’t bear seeing her get hurt.

Across him were 12 girls laughing like there was no tomorrow. They looked so accomplished that it made Luhan angrier. “Does hurting people make you guys happy?” his voice stopped their giggles as they all turned around to see who the intruder was. Yoona widened her eyes, anxiousness crept into her soul. She tried her best to look unaffected and smiled as she stood up from the ground to greet Luhan, “Annyeong! Did you come to pick me up?”

Luhan scoffed at her remark since it was too far-fetched for his ideal encounter. The girl was too mighty to think that he had come to pick her up like a boyfriend would do. “I’m warning you Yoona, stop it immediately or I won’t hold back. I’m only going to say this once so you all better listen.” he tried to calm himself down and stop the urge to hurt one of them. “Leave Hyun Ae alone or you’ll face the consequences!”

“Who are you to say that? You don’t have the right to! You’re not her boyfriend!” Yoona yelled as the rest of the girls crossed their arms to their chests, backing Yoona up. “Don’t tell me you like her Luhan?” she raised her brows and smirked when she saw Luhan’s expression. ‘Of course you do, but you’re mine, and mine only. Not hers’ she thought in assurance to herself. There was no way Hyun Ae was going to steal anything from her, not again. Ever since Hyun Ae came into their lives, Yoona was out casted and EXO’s attention was all on her. Yoona felt that she’d lost everything that was rightfully hers. It was now time to claim it back, and she was going to leave her with nothing just like what Hyun Ae did to her.

“I-I don’t like her, she’s only my friend, but it’s still my responsibility to keep her safe. Stop spouting nonsense!” Luhan defended and stepped closer to maintain an eye contact with Yoona. She took a step back and unknowingly bumped Krystal from behind. Usually, Krystal would push anyone if they bumped into her but it was a different ordeal. She was terrified even though her face didn’t show it. Luhan’s warning isn’t something to be taken lightly. He was always known for his kind nature but he wasn’t showing it anymore. It was more serious. If looks could kill, each and every one of them would’ve been dead by now.

“Sure Luhan. Keep talking lies, you won’t be able to cover it up sometime in the future anyway.” She poked his chest with her pointing finger, “But don’t worry, I’ll help you cover it. I know for sure that you don’t want her to know your true feelings and heck, I don’t even know why you don’t want to tell her but, you know what? I don’t care. Because you’ll be mine anyway.” She smirked and patted his face. Luhan stopped her and threw her hands away from him.

“You don’t know anything Yoona, so stop pretending like you own me or that you know what’s going to happen in my life,” He paused at looked at every one of them eye to eye. “You all probably think that each and every one of you can capture anyone’s heart at any minute but you are all wrong. EXO isn’t deceived. In fact, you’ve deceived yourselves into thinking that we like you but the truth hurts, and the truth is… we don’t. You are all parasites in our eyes.” the queenkas cringed at his last statement.

Did he just address the queenkas as parasites?

Luhan walked away from them in victory as he struggled to spot where Hyun Ae is. The queenkas on the other hand were rather furious.

“Who does he think he is?!?” Tiffany groaned and stomped her feet. “Yoona, you have to hurry up and get that damned plan sorted!”

“I already did.” Yoona smirked as her eyes landed on Krystal who looked extremely pale. “You want your Kris right?” she questioned the obvious. Krystal nodded furiously as Yoona took out her phone and dialled an unknown number. “Hi! Yes it’s me Yoona. I’d like to meet you ASAP.”

The girls raised an eyebrow as Krystal smiled with glee.

They were finally going to succeed.

=========================================

Luhan ran across the school’s garden and the school hall down to their hang out place, but there was no sign of Hyun Ae. The summer’s humid air triggered his exhaustion as he sat on a bench to catch his breath. “Hyun Ae, eodiya?”

“Ani. Gwaenchana!” A voice trailed off from a distance. Luhan averted his gaze to follow his sense of hearing. As he looked up front, he saw a tall figure and a girl holding an ice pack. It was Hyun Ae and Kris sitting at a bench under a tree.

“Aigoo! You’re not a good liar Hyun Ae. I know you didn’t run onto some random pole. It’s just not your personality! My baby isn’t clumsy!” Kris pouted and cupped her face. “Malhaejweo, what happened?” he blinked his eyes a few times to look cute.

Hyun Ae gulped and faced away from him. It didn’t feel fine. His gaze, his touch, it was somewhat soulless to her. She felt nothing but emptiness; it was so different from Luhan’s. Hyun Ae smacked herself mentally at the thought. She stopped her thoughts and told herself that it was cheating. And she didn’t want to cheat, she didn’t want to hurt a good guy like Kris. But if she refuses to do her part in their relationship, wouldn’t that hurt him twice as much?

She saw the disappointment in Kris’s eyes and immediately grabbed his face instead, “Look, I’m stronger than I look. You don’t need to worry about me oppa.” She smiled and gave him a small kiss on the cheek to brighten his mood up. Like a flashlight, Kris’s bright smile reappeared again and claimed her into his arms, “Arrasso, I won’t annoy you any longer.”

His smile was cute but Luhan’s were the most meaningful and heart-warming.

Kris’s hands were cold but Luhan’s were warm.

And Luhan’s lip--

‘Hyun Ae what are you doing to yourself?’ she thought and let a single tear drop and dry. ‘Tonight, you have to let it all out Hyun Ae. You have to forget about Luhan completely and your buddy Soju will accompany you.’

The tears and a bottle of Soju were her comfort every night.

She didn’t need these… she needed someone to hug her and tell her that everything was going to be fine.

But what can she do when that someone already has someone else.

And her, she was with somebody that had the same heart as Luhan’s, but was she happy?

‘I don’t know’ she answered her questions herself, ‘I don’t know if I’m happy or just pretending to be.’ she rested her head into Kris’s shoulders the moment they retreated from the hug.

Luhan’s heart had sunken deep down. A tear wanting to escape from his eyes were immediately washed away from the humid wind. ‘I guess this was how Kris felt before right?’ he thought to himself as he continued to stare at the two. ‘No matter how much Kris did for Hyun Ae, I always got the prize. Now you deserve it a lot Kris, now I really know that I’m doing the right thing.’

‘Pabo.’ Leeteuk intervened with a cold voice. ‘You’re really an idiot, I tell you.’

‘I know I am, but I can be an idiot if it was for Hyun Ae.’ He replied as Leeteuk sighed.

‘You won’t say the same when the time hits halfway.’

Luhan gulped at Leeteuk’s words. Time?

Images of the nightmare he had came into picture once again.

405, 02,30, 00 and counting down.

‘Seolma?’ He widened his eyes and was about to scream his answer.

“Do you like what you see?” Kai interrupted in the process. “You must be suffering a minor heart attack right now huh?” Luhan became pale and faced Kai, “What do you mean?”

Kai pursed his lips and nodded to the direction of where the love birds were, “I know exactly how you feel.” He smirked.

“Dude, I’ve known you for four years and you’ve never told us anyone in particular that you are interested in.” Luhan said playfully, slightly forgetting the shock that he had experienced.

“That’s why I’m going to tell you now.” he said as Luhan leaned in for curiosity’s sake.

“I like Hyun Ae.”

Dead silence.

“WHAT?!?!?!”

And the feelings of shock came bolting to him again.


Glossary for today

Malhaejweo - Tell me 

*Soju (Hangul 소주; Hanja 燒酒) is a distilled beverage containing ethanol and water. (source: Wikipedia)

Hi Guys!! *hides at a corner* I know its been i think 2 weeks since I've updated,,, IM SORRY!! Pls forgive me!!

Tbh, here are my reasons...

- I was overseas for 1 week because my aunt died 

- And for 1 week I had to do my work experience stuff in school so i can graduate.

I hope you guys are still waiting and readin patiently for my updates though even though I kid of feel that I've lost some readers due to the less comments that I've recieved compare to when i did faster updates...I'm so irresponsible arent i? :( But it's ok bcuz i know there are are still alot of you that would like to know what would happen to Hyun Ae, Luhan, Kris and the rest of the characters so I wont give up :) Pls stay tuned ^^ A lot is going to happen so i hope you will look forward to the next chapter :)

Will wait for your comments! :) Love all of you!

~lovelyndgrey2230
  27/07/14