Chapter 12: Luhan: 'She's no longer mine'

One Wish From A Shooting Star (INDEFINITE HIATUS)

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Kris’s voice echoed through Hyun Ae’s ears. She couldn’t believe that he would have the courage to announce their relationship in public. Deep inside she was happy but why can’t her face show the same?

“O-oppa,” Hyun Ae said in a whisper.

“I-I know you’re really embarrassed right now but I can’t take it anymore. I love you, and I want them to know. In fact I’d love the whole world to know,” he held her hands and looked at her intently in the eyes “So, I’d love to hear your sweet yes again” he smiled while remembering the rushed proposal he did 2 days ago.

The rest of the gang cleared their throats while Luhan continued to stare at the two. He displayed a bored expression but deep inside it hurt so badly. It hurt so much that he could collapse in seconds. This wasn’t what he was expecting after the kiss they shared. It was only for seconds, but it was seconds of pure bliss that no one could ever compare. The kiss was accidental but even so, he did not expect that it was in fact a good bye kiss. A kiss that meant the ending to her longing for him.

‘It’s what you had wanted Luhan. It’s what it should’ve been in the first place’ Luhan blinked a few times to control his tears from falling when he heard Hyun Ae’s answer.

“Yes…” Hyun Ae smiled at the man kneeling in front of her “Yes, I’d love to be your girlfriend”

Everyone dropped their jaws.

“Thankyou so much Hyun Ae!” Kris hugged Hyun Ae protectively and kissed her cheeks “And I’m so sorry if my first proposal was such a fail” he pouted while Hyun Ae squeezed his hands and shook her head.

“It’s alright oppa, I understand” she gave him her bright smile and looked at their audience. She could see their astonished faces.

“Yah! What kind of a reaction is that?” Kris scrunched up a brow to them “Aren’t you guys happy?”

Then all of a sudden, Luhan stood up and started to clap “Congratulations Kris and Hyun Ae” he gave them a weak smile and signalled the others to give their blessings. The rest of them clapped hesitantly.

“Yah! Is this a graduation or something? Seriously, what’s up with all of you and those forced smiles?” Kris’s tone turned serious.

“A-aniyo! We’re happy!” Suho tapped Kris and Hyun Ae in the shoulders “We’re just speechless at the moment because we didn’t expect it at all!” he gave a nervous smile before facing to Luhan. ‘How can this guy just stand there coolly ? Luhan, prepare for some scolding when I get the chance!’ Suho thought.

“Yes oppa! You guys are definitely perfect for each other! We’re really happy for you guys! Like wow! A surprise proposal!” Hwa Young clasped her hands together. She definitely loved this ‘Tsk. You lost big time Luhan. Now it’s time Kris oppa gets noticed for once’ she thought and smirked when no one noticed.

“Wait…” Kyungsoo suddenly interrupted “What do you mean your first proposal? You asked her to be your girlfriend twice?”

“Yeah 2 days ago…” Kris shyly smiled to himself.

The cold wind sent goose bumps all over Luhan’s body, or was it really the wind? He tried to decipher what was going on. ‘2 days ago?’ he thought and remembered. It was the day where everything started. Suddenly flashbacks of the 3 gates, the alarm clock and him rising from the dead crossed his mind. ‘He asked her out after I decided not to?’ he thought again and another fact lingered in his brain.

“I know, I know where she lives. I was there when she needed help, but were you?”

His heart nearly exploded when he remembered something about what Kris had said in their encounter a day ago. It was finally starting to match. He realised that Kris had taken his role and that their fates had been completely changed. Kris was the one who comforted Hyun Ae from the land lady. One by one, the answers had been revealed but it’s not everything. Questions still caught his curiosity. Had their fates been switched completely? Is everything finally where it should be? And most importantly, what was the actual purpose of his second life?

Luhan shook off all his thoughts when suddenly a voice interjected ‘I’m disappointed Luhan. Are you seriously going to fail me with this?’ Leeteuk spoke in his thoughts; his serious tone gave Luhan fear and worry.

‘If only you could actually explain why I am failing you. Hyung I don’t know what you are trying to say nor do I know your thoughts’ he glared to himself as he continued to listen to his hyung’s ongoing riddles.

‘As I had said time and time again, Hyun Ae will always be a big part in your life. May it be past, present or the future. Jebal… Don’t waste any more time Luhan’

‘Then explain to me what I should do!’ he replied frustratingly in his thoughts. ‘Stop with all the riddles and tell me what to do!’

‘It’s not my duty to do so Luhan’ a sigh was heard from Leeteuk ‘I’m here to help you but I’m in no position to tell you what to do. Therefore you need to decide for yourself and know the consequences of your choices’

‘But why does it seem like you’re against my decision? I’ve decided to let her go, but you keep telling me to hold on. Isn’t that dictating me?’

‘It’s called giving you advices. Fine, you can call it dictating, but I’m only doing so because I want to help you. It’s what I’m here for. It’s for your happiness and hers. And your happiness is Hyun Ae and her happiness is you.’

‘Can’t you see it hyung? They’re an official couple now. I’m no longer important to her’

‘You don’t own her thoughts Luhan. Nor do you know her feelings’ and with that Leeteuk had left his brain.

Luhan sighed in exasperation as he gazed to the moon and the bright star beside it. Something was interesting about that star. It twinkled brightly from the rest and it definitely stood out. He then looked at his right and found Hyun Ae staring at it too. It’s as if the star connected the two of them and appeared as a magnet that brought their feelings closer. ‘You’ve gone crazy Luhan. The last thing you’d ever do is wish from a star’ he chuckled to himself. He never believed such things.

“Yah Luhan! Mind helping us pack up?” Xiumin shouted to Luhan who was practically staring into space since the last time he talked.

“Ne!” Luhan jumped in shock. He had dozed off for a while and it was time he helped.

All of them cleaned the mess that they had made before going to the hotel adjacent to the beach. After a while, the group headed down to their respective hotel rooms except Luhan and Kris who were still cleaning up the grill that they had used for samgyeopsal.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Luhan asked Kris straightforwardly.

“Tell you about what?” Kris stopped cleaning and faced Luhan.

“That you’ve asked her out on that day”

“I told you didn’t I? I told you that I wouldn’t just stand there and do nothing” he replied monotonously and went back to cleaning “I simply took the opportunity when it was still there”

“So you went to her house and stood up for her from that land lady?” Luhan widened his eyes. ‘God. What did I just say?’

“How did you know about the land lady?” he stopped once again. This time his full attention was on Luhan “No one knows where Hyun Ae lives except me and Hwa Young. How’d you know that there was a land lady trying to bully her?”

“I-I just guessed” he lied

Kris stared at Luhan for a while and decided to let accept his answer even if it didn’t convince him one bit. “Well, I guess you have good guessing skills” he laughed.

“Kris.”

“Hmm?”

“Please take care of her for me” Luhan looked down in defeat. It was shameful.

“You don’t need to tell me that” he said “I’m her boyfriend. It’s my duty to protect her. Instead I have to tell you this…” he paused for a moment.

“She’s mine, not yours”


*No Glossary for today!*

 

Hi guys! Finally I've updated! I'm so so sorry for updating this story really slow. It's just that school's  been such a drag lately :( But I'm really thankful for all of your support, pls know that you are all important to me ok? I love you all so much! :)

So that's it for today guys, not much reaction from Hyun Ae's side in this chapter but don't worry, I'll focus on her more and the other characters in the next chapter ^^ Pls look forward to it! Lastly i'd like to take this opporunity to promote my ask.fm account since im so lonely in there XD. Pls follow me and I'll follow you back (PM me the link to your profile if you have an ask.fm acc) :) Ask me any questions and I'll kindly answer it! You can ask about anything at all! Ask me now here: http://ask.fm/lovelyndgrey2230 

Looking forward to your comments and opinions and I'll see ya'll on my next update! Muah! :*

~lovelyndgrey2230
  8/05/14