Chapter 21: Involuntary Love

One Wish From A Shooting Star (INDEFINITE HIATUS)

‘I wish to see you once more to tell you how much I love you, tell you how much I care to fill in the times we wasted and to say good bye before you enter to the place, to whom knows where.’

The sound of a girl’s voice echoed into his subconscious, her tensed voice signified her longing, but to whom?

Clocks ticked.

Alarm bells rung and after a blinding light coveted his thoughts, a familiar timer flashed through his mind.

It was the same timer from before but its number has decreased.

357:11:22:45…44…43…

It kept on going in a slow pace and darkness came again.

“I’m nothing in this world without you oppa, you know that and that’s why I thank you for coming into my life.”

Like a slide show another scene came, “Oppa, you know, the stars are really beautiful right? I wish I could see a shooting star one day. Then I can wish on it.”

“What are you going to wish for?”

“To be with you in my next life.”

Another flash of light engulfed him, he could see himself. “I should have listened.” He broke down to the ground as tears trickled down in sorrow, “Now, I’d really lost everything.”

The morning rays triggered his eyes to open, it was yet another nightmare. He touched his cheeks and felt a wet substance streaming from the corner of his eyes, he cried to a dream he could never understand. What he was certain of; Hyun Ae was in his dream.

Like the usual, Luhan recalled the last nightmare he had, he realised that the first two lines were said before but it was cut, now it was complete but it didn’t help. The rest of the dream happened from before, they were memories of his past life but why would Leeteuk include them?

He stared blankly at the wall and replayed the sound of the girl’s voice in his head,

‘I wish to see you once more to tell you how much I love you, tell you how much I care to fill in the times we wasted and to say good bye before you enter to the place, to whom knows where.’

It was a wish, but who wished it?

Hyun Ae?

His eyes widened.

‘Seolma.’ he gulped. This was unbelievable.

‘Nothing’s ever impossible Luhan, the world and the universe is an interesting place. The unexpected becomes a reality.’ Leeteuk reminded him. ‘You’re almost there Luhan, you’re almost there.’

Luhan cupped his face in frustration and sat up straight. ‘So the reason I came here was Hyun Ae?’

Leeteuk smiled to himself, ‘Finally, you’ve got it.’

Part of Luhan seemed happy but part of him felt uneasy. What was he supposed to do now? He screwed everything up. He mismatched their destinies and now he was stuck with Yoona. No matter how much Leeteuk wants them together, he can’t just simply snatch her away from Kris.

What’s done was done. He can’t turn back time, and he already made a promise to Yoona and if he broke it, Hyun Ae will get hurt and there was no way Leeteuk could help him. Luhan’s assumptions of his real existence were solidified but what was the timer’s purpose?

The timer bothered him so much. What was its connection with him? Why did it exist? Did it need to exist?

Luhan sighed as he jumped off the bed. Rubbing his eyes he looked at the mirror adjacent to his desk. ‘Wow, you look so happy’ he thought sarcastically and dragged himself to the shower. After 20 minutes he went down to eat breakfast with his family.

At the dining room, Seunghyun was busy setting up the tables with the maids. This was why he loved his younger brother so much. Yes, he was annoying and always nosy, but he was Seunghyun and Luhan loved him regardless of his attitude. Besides, his nosiness helped a lot anyway. But Luhan’s favourite part of Seunghyun’s 4D attitudes was that he was always supportive, especially to Luhan’s feelings for Hyun Ae. Seunghyun loved Hyun Ae so much and he’d do everything for Luhan to get her.

But that benefit turned into a detriment now. Seunghyun had to stay away from Luhan’s plans. But was it really relevant to shove Seunghyun away? How about the nightmare? Leeteuk’s advices?

Luhan yet again heaved a deep sigh. Seunghyun stared at him and shook his head. “Why don’t you just tell her your feelings already?” he placed two more plates in the table.

This was the creepier version of Seunghyun. He can always read Luhan’s mind. Not that he had some special ability but he just knew what the other person felt. “What? What are you talking about?”

“Mom! Dad! Luhan hyung is in denial mood again!” Seunghyun shouted so his parents from the kitchen could hear.

“Lu Seunghyun! Shikeurowo! Just hurry up so we can eat” Luhan hissed and glanced at the newspaper beside him. His lips formed into a smirk when he read the front page title, “Cheomdamdong Highschool’s basketball varsity team to kick Seoul National Highschool’s basketball varsity team off of the title ‘defending champions’”.

“So are you ready for today?” His dad approached him and sat at the middle chair where the head of the family sits. “That article’s pretty harsh by the way.” He commented and took a sip from his café latte.

“Psh. Those Cheomdamdong jerks probably paid those media outlets to show off,” Luhan’s mum butted in, “Uri Luhan will do better than him. Aniyo Luhan sshi?” his mom addressed playfully.

“Ofcourse. Our highschool varsity team is still the best!” Luhan declared proudly as Seunghyun scoffed.

“Show off. You better not trip while protecting the ball. Or else, that will really ruin everything!” Luhan gasped at his brother’s remark.

“Don’t even say that you jinx!” he pointed to his brother as their parents shook their heads and laughed. After the conversation, they proceeded their breakfast in silence, 5 minutes after, Luhan and Seunghyun rushed to their dad’s car to start their journey to Seoul National Highschool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sehun’s sweat dripped from his forehead as he constantly fanned himself. Baekhyun continued to tap his foot to the ground to ease the pressure while Kai inhaled and exhaled to relax his mind. Today was the big day; the boys just finished dressing up in their custom made varsity shirts. Kris looked at his three mates in awe.

“Wow, you three look constipated.” Kris said while staring at them bitterly.

“No I’d say they look like their suffering from diarrhea.” Tao snorted.

“Shut up you two! I’m trying to divert my brain to something else!” Sehun hissed and threw the towel that he used to wipe his forehead with to Kris. Kris threw it back to him harshly.

“Whatever it is guys, if I faint out there, don’t worry about it and just continue with the game. We need to win this! For us, for our PRIDE!” Kai raised his fist to the air. Luhan smacked his head from behind. He had just arrived and quickly opened his locker to change his clothes.

“Hyung~~!!!” Sehun chirped. Luhan glared at his best friend.

“You’ll be fine. Don’t worry too much.” He tapped his shoulder and slid into his varsity shirt. “Kaja! Let’s have a few practices before the game starts. We have two hours left!” Luhan pushed his team members to the court where the rest of the group are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyun Ae on the other hand tried hard to concentrate on her first class for the day. ‘Will the boys be fine?’ she thought to herself in worry as she recalled yesterday’s agendas when Kris walked her to her part time job.

“Thankyou so much for today. I got a little bit emotional, I’m so sorry; I won’t do that ever again.” Kris cupped Hyun Ae’s hand, never wanting her to let go. They were now 5 minutes away from the coffee shop where Hyun Ae worked.

“It’s okay oppa. Though, you must promise me to never cry when you’re alone, you should always tell me. Arasso?” Hyun Ae squeezed Kris’s hands and smiled, she faced her left and saw the coffee shop across the street, it was time to go. “Oppa, you go back now, I’ll cross the street alone. See you tomorrow in the game!” She waved and started crossing.

“Hey! Where’s my kiss?” Kris joked as Hyun Ae turned to face him again. She smiled and stuck out her tongue, “You won’t get it until your team wins tomorrow!” Hyun Ae was now in the middle of the street when a loud beeping noise from a car was heard. Kris jolted into a sprint for Hyun Ae’s life as a loud screech from the the car’s brake covered her scream. Kris fell on top op Hyun Ae, his hands supported the back of her head. He bit his lip to supress the pain coming from his wrist as he checked his beloved’s state. Hyun Ae’s eyes was closed and slowly opened to make sure she and Kris was still alive.

“Do you have a death wish?!? Agasshi, be careful next time! I still have a life!” the angry owner of the car popped his head out from the car’s window.

“Yah! Do you even know how to apologise?!? She almost got killed!” Kris grudgingly walked towards the driver when a sudden pain caused him to stop. He gulped as he held his right wrist with his free hand.

“Oppa gwenchana? Are you hurt?!? We need to go to the hospital!” Hyun Ae rushed to his side and checked his right wrist, he yelped at the agonising touch.

“Whatever, I’ve got no time for this.” The driver sped away from them as Hyun Ae cursed in a whisper.

“I’m okay. How about you, are you okay? Did you hit your head? Oh God please tell me you didn’t.” he used his left hand to check her forehead and the top of her head. He sighed in relief when he found no sign of injury. Hyun Ae chuckled at her boyfriend’s anxious nature. 

“I’m fine thanks to you. But you, you’re not fine at all! Your wrist is swollen! Oppa, forget about the game tomorrow, just rest for now.” Hyun Ae insisted but Kris shook his head.

“Don’t worry!” he ruffled her hair and smiled at her, “I’ll just apply ice on it and it will be as good as new.”

Hyun Ae sighed in defeat as she uttered a ‘fine’ to Kris. He bid good bye to her and kissed her cheek one last time. Kris was gone in seconds but the impact never left Hyun Ae.

‘He’s not fine. At all.’

But Kris still turned up. She saw him in the morning and that stupid smile of his was still shown. Hyun Ae struggled to stop thinking about the negative but something bothered her so much. The what if’s never left her mind at all.

Hwa Young noticed Hyun Ae and scribbled a note. She threw it to her desk and Hyun Ae looked at her sternly. She mouthed a ‘read it’ to Hyun Ae while she obeyed as she was told.

‘Don’t think about it too much. Kris is a strong guy, you should trust him. Trust is the biggest factor in a relationship.’

After reading, Hyun Ae turned around and saw Hwa Young smiled and gave her a thumbs up as she nodded in response and felt her heart warm.

‘Nothing bad is going to happen… Nothing Hyun Ae… nothing.’ She calmed herself and went back to her notes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 hours passed by so quickly and all the players were set for the big game. Seoul National Highschool’s basketball hall was filled with both their supporters and the opponent team’s supporters. Some of Cheomdamdong High schoolers were also present to support their school’s basketball team and brought posters to cheer for them. However, the home team’s supporters were still dominant. Many of them brought banners and posters alongside chants and a self-choreographed dance. These students were more than supporters, they were obsessed ones however, this only increased the basketball team’s confidence.

“1,2,3…EXO WE ARE ONE!” the 12 boys shouted their team chant as they raised their hands in the air.

A familiar snicker was heard from the background. It wasn’t only one but 12.

“EXO WE ARE ONE!” the chubby male mimicked, “Psh! GAAAYYY!”

“I don’t think we need to try hard, we'll win this game in one go.” the guy next to him hissed.

“You’re still the same Kyuhyun and you’re still as fat Shindong. Your abilities will also be the same, stop thinking so highly of yourself. Less talking more action.” Kris said as he eyed the rest of the group, a certain someone caught him. It was too familiar to not be noticed.

“Oh, by the way, this is Siwon, you’ve probably never seen him before right? He’s new and he’ll kick your asses one by one.” Yunho, the eldest of the group commented, he crossed his arms and smirked.

“Wait, aren’t you that guy?” Siwon stopped and thought for a minute.

Kris suddenly felt a gush of boiling blood running through his veins, “Bastard!” he approached him and grabbed Siwon’s shirt. Kris flinched in pain when he recognised that he had used his right wrist. The rest of EXO widened their eyes as they approached Kris.

“Hyung…” Lay said worriedly.

“It’s swollen…” Xiumin held Kris’s right wrist in curiosity. “When did you injure yourself?”

“It was their fault anyway, being lovey dovey and all in the middle of the flippin street, who does that?” Siwon scoffed.

“What did you say jerk?” Luhan turned his gaze towards Siwon, his hands turning into a fist.

“What? All I’m saying is that they should be careful next time. I was in a rush too you know, just be thankful that him and his girlfriend didn’t get hit by my car.”

Luhan’s eyes turned fiercer when he knew that Hyun Ae was involved. “Then how about we make a deal?”

The opponent team’s eyes were all now in EXO. “What? We love challenges the most.”

“If we win, you all must kneel down to us and apologise to Kris and his girlfriend, if we don’t then forget it.” Luhan said.

“Hey! Isn’t that a bit too unfair? How about if we win, you must set our MVP on a date with that girl over there.” Yunho pursed his lips to the direction of the girl, “The one on the left.”

Chanyeol silently growled and cursed, “Are you fuc—“

“Language!” their coach shouted as he passed by. Chanyeol bowed in apology and turned to Yunho again “Have you gone insane? I won’t ever let you!”

“Hi Chanyeol oppa! Goodluck ok?” Hwa Young approached as Hyun Ae followed behind.

Yunho looked at Hwa Young and winked at her. Hwa Young never felt so molested in her life, that was her first. Yunho had that seductive smile that she hated. erted boys were in her blacklist. “Uhmm, I think I have to go… Hyun Ae, I’ll meet you at the reserved seats!” She took one last glance to the team and wished them good luck.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” Hyun Ae bowed to everyone. “EXO sunbaenims, fighting!” she cheered and smiled to everyone as she bowed to their opponents. Her gaze landed on someone but she shoved it off to not worry anyone.

“Oppa, are you sure you’re going to be ok?” She whispered to Kris as Luhan interjected.

“Kris won’t be playing today.”

A groan was heard from Kris, “But who’s going to lead the team? I need to, I have to…I—“

“Kris, calm down, the team still has me; just watch the game together with Sehun ok?” Sehun quietly cheered at the background. Today, the two of them were going to act as backups, as for the rest, the team had split up into two teams of 5, one as the main representatives and one for occasional replacements and fouls.

Hyun Ae secretly uttered a sigh of relief and at the same time an admiration to Luhan’s manliness. He was really a great assistant team captain.

“Everyone, get ready! The game is starting now!” Their coach shouted, and immediately the group patted each other’s backs as a sign of good luck. Luhan who was about to join the group’s entrance was stopped when a warm tap came from the back of his shoulders, it was Hyun Ae.

“Luhan sunbaenim.” She bit her lip in hesitation, “Uhmm…I…Uhh…” she heaved a deep sigh and threw herself into Luhan’s arms. She buried her face into his shoulders and said, “Do your best, no matter what happens, we will always be proud of you.” she retreated and gave him an awkward smile. Hyun Ae turned her back and rushed out of the door.

Luhan froze in shock, then slowly a smile crept up his face. ‘That was the best good luck I’ve ever received’ he thought as he re-joined his mates.

‘Hyun Ae pabo!’ she cursed in her thoughts as she was on her way to her reserved seat. ‘What the hell was that Hyun Ae?’ her heart beat fastened as she approached her seat. ‘Must’ve been because of his manly gesture a while ago, nothing special.’ She tried to persuade herself.

‘Nothing special? Why didn’t you hug Kris when you were saying your good luck?’ her subconscious teased.

Hyun Ae tried to ignore but her subconscious self wouldn’t stop, ‘You still like him Hyun Ae, your body even involuntarily does the entire job for you.’

‘Shut up, you’re not helping.’ Hyun Ae finally retorted.

‘You won’t need my help, you’ll help yourself realise as sooner as you thought. As I said, your body involuntarily cares for Luhan, so it will definitely help you stop denying the fact that you do like him.’

‘What’s that supposed to mean?’

‘I don’t know, why don’t you watch the game and observe patiently and attentively.’

Attentively, that word didn’t sound so pleasant. Goosebumps filled her skin.

‘Why do I feel nervous all of a sudden?’


*No Glossary for today*


Hello guys!

Authornim is baaaccckkk! It's finally the holidays for me and yep, back to regular updates :) This chapter, I admit was kind of boring for some reasons, and to think that you guys have waited for so long, omg... If you feel like this chapter was boring I really apologise, I have only started writing again so my vocabs and emotions haven't sparked up yet but please stay with me... I'll do my best on the next chapter!!

Well, that's it for today guys, you can now throw tomatoes at me for making you wait for so long, i hope you havent forgotten this story and show some love through comments!

PS. THANKYOU SO MUCH TO THE NEW SUBBIES!!! AND 7750+ views? OMO! You guys are too awesome! 

~lovelyndgrey2230
  23/09/14