Chapter 24: A fool's point of view

One Wish From A Shooting Star (INDEFINITE HIATUS)

A/N: As you can tell from the title, this chapter will be told from Luhan's perspective, ENJOY! ^^


Loving someone can make you crazy, stupid, unreliable, selfish, a person who can never make anything right.

I love Park Hyun Ae. She’ll always be someone I’ll love for the rest of eternity. Seeing her with someone else, do you think I’m happy?

I’m not. I cry myself to sleep every day, thinking about the past where she was by my side, I miss it. I miss her scent, her soft voice whispering in my ear, her shy laugh, her hugs, her kisses, the times she was mine.

Now she’s with my friend Wu Yi Fan, or what we’d like to call him, Kris. He had endured so much, even in the past life. Both of them had been hurt because of me, they deserve to be free of that. One thing I regretted the most when I was in my death bed, was failing at being a best friend and a lover. When I woke up through this surreal reality that is, what we call ‘A second life’ the thought of being the me from the past didn’t cross my mind. The second life I received was my chance to never feel regretful ever again. My goal was: to make the love of my life be happy and make my best friend happy.

Without realising it, my goal came true. They were together, happily together.

But what is this strange feeling?

Is it happiness?

Relief?

Enjoyment?

No.

It was the feeling of Emptiness.

‘You’re stupid.’

‘Why won’t you listen to me?’

‘Don’t you love her?’

‘Why are you so stubborn Luhan!’

It hurts. Those sentences hurts. And seeing my CT scan results weren’t helping me one bit. Those results made me even more confused. They weren’t the same results.

The words, stubborn, stupid, a fool, they are indeed the verbs intended for me. I’ve messed up big time. By just looking at the results, I’ve never felt so stupid in my life.

‘Reap what you sow.’ Leeteuk hyung just had to keep rubbing it into my face.

I knew right there and then that even though I’d changed our fates, it didn’t mean it was for the better, at least not for me. I have realized that maybe Hyun Ae’s feelings have completely changed now, I caught myself wondering, did she actually like me at the start of this new life like it was in the past?

I’m confused. I’ve never been so confused like this. I thought I understood the purpose of this life but I guess I don’t.

Does Hyun Ae still love me like the way she loved me before?

I do not know the answers.

But it seemed that I was about to know…

Today, she paid me a visit. I can see her right now beside me, she was smiling. I missed that smile. Lately, I’ve noticed she had become gloomy. I can see her swollen eyes. Did she cry herself to sleep?

“Sunbaenim, is your back ok now? I’m sorry I only visited today.” She smiled even more brightly and held up a fruit basket, “But I brought you some fruits to compensate for it!”

The feelings of emptiness suddenly went away. I never felt so alive before. I can see Yoona beside her; I knew she was beyond pissed.

“Uhm, why don’t we leave you guys first so you guys can talk? Im Yoona-ssi, how about we go and eat lunch for a bit?” I heard my mum say.

“I agree. You guys have a good talk, we’ll pick you up tomorrow Luhan.” My dad agreed.

They knew. Of course they did. They were my parents after all.

We heard the sound of the door shut. It was now silent, the atmosphere turned awkward too, yet Hyun Ae still managed to break the silence with an enthusiastic greeting.

“Luhan sunbaenim, are you alright?” she waved her hands in front of me.

“O-ofcourse, Hyun Ae-yah, thank you for visiting me today, how have you been these days?” I asked, wanting to make her feel comfortable.

She reached out for an orange and peeled it, “I’ve been good actually. I don’t appreciate how you ignore me though.” She smirked. Even though it was a joke, I knew there was a hidden message in between. Hyun Ae noticed my distance.

“I’m not ignoring you! What are you talking about? Is this called ignoring? I’m talking to you…” I said defensively, she surprisingly chuckled and leaned forward to touch my nose.

“Aigoooo~, I’m just joking~” she pinched harder causing me too scrunch my face, “Kwiyoweo~” she complimented and gave a piece of orange for me to eat, “Mogeo.”

Unknowingly, I caught her wrists after she fed me. I stared at her, she was obviously surprised. Her eyes screamed confusion. I looked at her fingers and slowly led it to my mouth. “Ahhh!” she screamed in pain.

“Yah! Luhan sunbaenim! You’re so childish!” I had bitten her fingers. Her expression was so amusing. She’s very cute when she’s angry and I really miss this dorky side of her. “That’s for pinching my nose!” I stuck a tongue at her and she stuck her tongue back.

“So I guess it was useless for me to worry right? You’re fine after all.” She whispered silently. I sensed  the feeling of shyness from her coming back again.

“You’re worried? About me?” I asked. She stared at me intently and I saw her expression changed.

“I don’t have the reason to.”

What? Did I just hear that right?

“If that’s so, why are you here?” I said in a cold manner. I don’t even know why the atmosphere took a 180 degree change.

“I just wanted to confirm something.” I knew that tone of voice. Hyun Ae is always bubbly, loves to laugh and smile but right now, it’s her other side. The side no one ever wants to experience. Hyun Ae’s the type of girl that holds in everything, and when she can’t hold it in any longer, she becomes the opposite of her usual self.

“Luhan sunbaenim, I heard you and Yoona sunbaenim are dating.”

That question suddenly gave me chills as I remembered that day

“It’s ok Luhan, didn’t I tell you that I’ll always be here for you?” Yoona buried her face into his shoulders.

She didn’t ever let go, and when I tried to push her away, she held me tight. I knew she was up to something and before I knew it, she whispered something to my ear. “How about we make a deal?”

I stopped trying to push her away when she said that. I didn’t know what it was until she dragged me off with her and sat in the bench, beside the school’s mini garden. “Luhan, to be honest I don’t get you.” she started off. I didn’t know what she meant.

“You don’t have to get me. Once you stop pestering me, you’ll get why I act like this.” I retorted. I didn’t want to talk to her. Not a single vein in my body is willing to.

“I know you like Hyun Ae. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have followed Kris. Are you trying to be like a secret angel for Hyun Ae now? Like some kind of a hero in the movie, or the male lead in a drama who secretly protects the one he loves?” I can see that sarcastic look on her face. If she thought it was obvious, why can’t she just leave me alone? Leave Hyun Ae alone.

“I know you hate me because of Hyun Ae. Luhan, if you only come to me, then she wouldn’t suffer any longer.” She was now closing the gap between us, she held my chin up and stared at me, “How about you come to me and I leave her alone?”

She’s that desperate. This woman is a psycho.

“Yoona,” I pushed her hands away from me, “Don’t you get it? I don’t like you. I’m not interested, get that to your brain. I’ll never want to be with you, never.”

“Oh? Luhan… I’m Im Yoona, I get what I want. We both know that.”

“You’ll never get me.”

She scoffed and smirked. I’ve never seen her content before and I was now worrying. I wanted to get out of here, away from her. “Lulu yah… Hyun Ae works at a coffee shop right? Oh, and I heard she’s living on that run-down apartment…”

No way. No f****** way.

“You see… when she walks home during the night. She’s as fragile as a lamb, you don’t want to hear some bad news about Hyun Ae right? Let’s say, ‘Park Hyun Ae disappeared without a trace’” I can see her evil grin.

‘F*** you Im Yoona.’ I cursed, how did she even know where she lived? How the hell did she know that Hyun Ae had a job? She’s never going to stop, she must be happy seeing I’m at a loss for words. I don’t want Hyun Ae to get hurt. Not again.

“What the hell do you want!” I grabbed her shoulders; the stupid grin on her face was still on.

“I told you, be mine, be my boyfriend, and I’ll spare your Hyun Ae.”

She thought she won that day.

She didn’t.

I thought I won.

I didn’t.

The CT scan result that I got today proved that I am STUPID, a FAILURE, .

Why I’m worried about the CT scan? Because, it says I’m healthy. I don’t want to be! Not when my plan failed. I wanted Yoona to suffer instead of Hyun Ae. I wanted to make her watch me slowly die, feeling Hyun Ae’s pain when she was beside me on my death bed. I planned to make her life a living hell, a living burden to her. To tell her how much it hurt Hyun Ae when she saw me in that state. To avenge what she did in the past.

I thought I had the perfect payback.

But again, I made the wrong choice.

‘Reap what you sow.’ Leeteuk hyung’s voice kept coming.

The worst is yet to come and I can’t turn back time anymore. I will reap what I sow. And maybe even rip Yoona too.

“I loved you sunbae-nim.”

I heard Hyun Ae say… out of nowhere. My anger towards myself was slowly lifted as I looked at Hyun Ae in confusion.

“Hyun Ae yah…” I could only say her name.

“It was a wonderful memory… in Busan… I want to tell you that I was serious about it.” I can see her serious expression. She wasn’t joking and I wasn’t hallucinating. Like the past, I was right… she still loved me.

‘Luhan you’re a jerk. That’s what you are’ I said to myself, like that would help anything.

“Hyun Ae, I don’t think it’s right.” I knew I loved hearing her say that, it hurts to tell her I can’t. This probably explained why I didn’t see Kris, did they have an argument? Is Hyun Ae confused and she’s just missing Kris?

“Then tell me for the last time, do you love her? Yoona sunbaenim?”

I choked back the lump that was triggering my eyes to cry, to say this in front of her hurts me.

“Yes.”

“Then stop ignoring me.”

What? She’s giving me riddles, and I don’t know why she needs to ask me this.

“Hyun Ae yah~ what do you mean? I’ve never ignored you.” I held her hand, looked into her eyes as she smiled at me.

“Luhan sunbaenim, you don’t have to feel awkward around me. I’ve noticed the distance between us, I miss how we were before. Is it because of what happened in Busan? You’re right, I loved you, but that was the past. Sunbaenim, I don’t like it when we don’t talk or joke around like we used to. I miss you, I miss how we always used to hang out.” She said as the cupped my hands as well.

Is she moving on? Or had she already moved on when I rejected her in Busan?

“I’ve let you go sunbae. You don’t have to feel awkward around me anymore if that’s the reason for your distance. We’re both happy with our relationships now. I miss the playful, annoying Luhan.”

I could tell her sincerity. She indeed had let me go. Although that’s not the reason for my distance, it’s better off that she understands it that way. This way we could talk comfortably, though she’s not mine, she’ll always be someone I’m willing to risk my feelings and my life for. And that’s what I’m going to do. Im Yoona may have won, but it doesn’t mean its forever. I’m going to protect Hyun Ae, while I make Yoona realise she chose the wrong girl to mess with. She’s going to regret the things she’d done, may it be past or the present.

“I heard that you were the first one to approach me?” I asked, I could see the nervous look on her face. Her shy expression made my heart beat.

“Did they tell you? Aigoo, those dorks. It’s only because no one seemed to notice.”

“Gojitmal. You were obviously very worried that I would die right there and then.” I earning myself a slap on the shoulder, making me cringe in pain.

“Omo, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” She tapped me shoulder in regret.

“I’ll forgive you if you say why you were the first one to notice.” I know I was being persistent, probably making her feel uncomfortable too because even though you’ve completely moved on from someone, it doesn’t mean you don’t blush or stop caring about that one particular person. Hyun Ae loved me, it’s my turn to show that even though she had long thrown me to the side. I wish we could talk like this every day, she may not know my real feelings, but at least we could enjoy each other’s company without the feeling of being awkward towards each other.

“Fine… Ok, of course I would be worried… you’re my… friend. Friends worry about each other. I heard from Kris that you have a really weak immune system and when you collapsed like that… who wouldn’t be worried? I don’t know… it was a natural reaction; it’s as if my body just sped towards you without my brain noticing it. Weird right?” She was talking really fast and it showed how much she felt during that time. I also felt sorry that she had to endure Yoona’s intimidating gaze and having to see her over protectiveness towards me.

“I heard Yoona pushed you. Are you alright? I’ll have to apologise for her. She can be really childish at times, but she’s actually different once you get to know her. I think she changed a bit when we started going out. She’s trying to be nicer, I hope you understand.” I wanted to puke, I can’t believe I just said that, but if I didn’t wouldn’t it be suspicious? I can’t risk Hyun Ae’s safety. I’ve learned it the hard way, she suffered a lot too and it’s time for it to stop. I’ll do everything in my power to stop Yoona from standing in Hyun Ae’s way.

“Aww… thanks babe.”

A voice was heard in the background; of course I knew whose voice it belonged to. At least it was the perfect timing. I’ve gained some of her trust and I expect her to return the same. A promise is a promise and I won’t hold back when she breaks that. It will be her worst nightmare. I’ll be that nightmare.

“You’re back?” I smiled fakingly and saw her approaching to me, her eyes turned to Hyun Ae as well and faked an eye smile. Hyun Ae likewise smiled a weak, unwilling one. I understand her, Hyun Ae’s a smart girl and she knows when someone doesn’t mean anything good to her. She doesn’t need Yoona’s friendship, Hyun Ae’s an independent girl who’s very much happy with a few friends. In that case, EXO and Hwa Young, us who are willing to protect and will always be there when she needs us.

Unknowingly, Yoona kissed my right cheek, my eyes widened and I immediately looked over to Hyun Ae who looked away to avoid seeing the public display of affection that Yoona was initiating. She suddenly stood up and Yoona moved away from me.

“Luhan sunbaenim, I heard you’re going out tomorrow right? I really wanted to stay but I have to go, Kris messaged me just now and he says he’s really bored.” She chuckled and continued, “I’ll see you at school the day after tomorrow then?” she waved good bye but I called her again, she immediately stopped and turned back.

“Hyun Ae, you know that I really care about you right? No matter what happens, I’ll always be there for you. If you think I kept my distance all along, don’t doubt our friendship. Some things are worth sacrificing for, just for one’s happiness. I want you to be happy just like how you want me to be playful again. Hyun Ae yah… don’t cry anymore okay? Don’t ever cry anymore because of me.”

She looked confused but nodded anyways. I wanted to reassure her that I’ll forever be watching over her even if we’re far from each other. That she’s my Hyun Ae even though in her eyes it seems that I’m not her Luhan…anymore.

As I sadly looked at the closing door I could see a smiling face from Yoona. She was beyond flattered.

“So you think I’m a good person huh?” She smirked and touched my face. “Thanks babe.”

Babe… I wanted to growl at her. How dare she?

“By the way, did you forget about our agreement? I’ll let you off this one time Luhan. If you do it again, I can’t guarantee Hyun Ae’s life.” she threatened. I was alarmed; my urge to protect Hyun Ae just kept rising.

“I don’t mind you talking to her Luhan but I have to be around, I can’t trust you just yet. You have to prove it. Trust doesn’t come around easily.” She challenged.

“I’d say the same to you. Keep your promise then we’ll have no problems.” I turned my back from her as she continued speaking.

“I say Luhan, how about we put this whole thing into a business perspective?”

I froze at that moment. I wish she would stop right there.

“You’re a chaebol, I’m a chaebol, aren’t we a perfect match?”

My head ached all of a sudden… my mind filled with never ending thoughts of the past.

“How about we strengthen our trust towards each other more? How about...”

I didn’t want to hear it…

“Merging business with me?”

That moment, a snippet of my hurtful memory came back to me.

“With the business’s current state, Mr. Lu, I’m afraid it can’t go on any further.”

Hyun Ki sighed in defeat, his head aching from all the stress that he had been suffering from the past months. The Lu Incorporated was falling, its stocks are decreasing, many projects have also failed causing business partners to lose interest and had withdrawn their investments. “Tell me Assistant Lim, what on earth are we supposed to do? I know this job is really important to you, you’ve told me that, but I really do not know how to handle this anymore.”

Mr. Lim could only look down when he remembered something; he reached out an envelope from the inside of his tux and gave it to Hyun Ki. “I’ve known Luhan since he was young, I know his interests, and I know above all that he loves his parents very much. We’ve discussed about this before, and I know Luhan had declined and he’ll never agree to it but it’s the company’s only choice. Please take it into consideration Chairman.” He bowed and left Hyun Ki to give him time to think.

Hyun Ki stared at the envelope in front of him. He knew what it was and this definitely didn’t cause him to smile. This wasn’t a solution, it will never be. Although he didn’t want to see its contents, he forced himself to open it and as expected, it was indeed what he thought it would be.

“Dear, Mr. Lu Hyun Ki of Lu Incorporated,
  I know this is all too sudden, and you’ve also declined this offer before, although it’s shameful to   address this problem right now, I really want to help you. I have heard the news through a few of my subordinates, and as your friend, I want to be able to help lengthen you business’s existence. By saying this, I’d like you to consider the proposal once more. For the future of your company and mine.

Sincerely yours,

Im Yejoon of Im Associates

I faced her again and made it clear to her.

“I don’t have time to meddle with stuff that I show no interest in. Stop involving our parents into your childish games Yoona. The business world is not a joke, I worry for the future of Im Associates. You can do better than that Yoona if you’re the heir.”

“Of course it’s not a joke, I was just suggesting.” She scoffed.

I know she won’t give up just like that. Im Yoona is a devil trapped inside an angel’s body. A serpent waiting to hurt, betray, someone who’s willing to do anything to conquer everything.

But she’s not God. She doesn’t own everything and she certainly does not own me.


*Glossary for today*

Mogeo - Eat

Gojitmal - Lies


Hi everyone!,

t's been a long time since I've written a first perspective chapter, and that last time was Two Worlds Apart :) Do you guys remember that one shot? haha that one one shot that started it all? I re-read it today and thought, I seriously have a lot to improve on but I'm really glad that it reached 29 upvotes 150+ subbies and 2000+ (almost 3000) views. I never thought i could reach that high for a oneshot! ^^ Thankyou guys, and also, thankyou for all of you that's currently supporting OWFASS, it's almost 10000 views! You are all awesome!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, if you're confused on the first flashback, it came from chapter 20 where Kris confronted Krystal, and the rest of those are the continuation which weren't revealed on that chapter.

Expect more Hyun Ae X Luhan moments in the future! Hyun Ae's perspective will come around soon too :) Pls look forward to it and give authornim some feedbacks in the comments, tbh i really like reading your comments how you all just want to rip Yoona's face haha and how she's an update ruiner XD It just makes me 1000x happier!

Thanks ya'll, ill update when i can!,

~lovelyndgrey2230
  17/01/15

Have some questions? ask me anything at: http://ask.fm/lovelyndgrey2230