Chapter 20: A sacrifice for the sake of happiness

One Wish From A Shooting Star (INDEFINITE HIATUS)

Luhan’s jaw dropped as Kai looked away from him, trying to supress his laughter.

He failed. Miserably.

Kai snorted and hugged his own stomach as his body expressed the mocking joy he had to offer to his hyung. Luhan’s expression was priceless and undeniably hilarious. 9 more boys popped out from behind, glaring at Kai who was laughing like a crying hyena.

“Yah!” Luhan shouted.

“I don’t like her anymore.” Kai mimicked Luhan’s voice in a girly tone. “See? Hand it in guys!” he stretched his hands to his gang as the boys took out their wallets to pay their bets. “I won! Merong!” He stuck his tongue out.

“What is this? You guys are betting? What about?”  Luhan said, still putting a shocked expression.

“That you would almost piss your pants if I said I liked Hyun Ae,” Kai snickered “And you did, so I won!”

“But that’s not really the point.” Suho went serious all of a sudden and looked at each and everyone meaningfully.

“Wow, you’re killing my buzz. Stop being so serious grandpa!” Kai blurted all of a sudden earning a smack in the head from Sehun.

“You think this is funny? Because I don’t think so at all, and it’s not helping that we lost, that was my lunch!” He pouted and sent glares to Luhan as he pointed to him, “And don’t you dare say anything more. It was obvious; you’re still in love with her. Big fullstop right there, that’s my final conclusion.” He crossed his arms and proclaimed his victory over his hyung. He felt guilt when he lectured Luhan but it was the only way he can shut his mouth.

“Hyung you got owned, and yep I agree with him,” Chanyeol commented and tapped Luhan in the back. “It’s not hard to say your true feelings you know, besides, you know we aren’t careless. We won’t tell a soul.”

Luhan felt a pang of guilt running through his veins, he wanted to tell them everything but they wouldn’t understand. Besides, what was he supposed to say? That he reincarnated, time somewhat replayed it self and he exchanged their fates? Or maybe the part where he had telepathic ability with a dead person?

People will think he was a psycho path, and that was the last thing he wanted. But also Leeteuk had somehow stopped him from telling anyone. He somewhat had the feeling that if he told any of his friends, everything will go to waste.

‘Bingo.’ Leeteuk interjected in his thoughts. Luhan jumped a bit but he composed himself. What did he mean?

‘What?’

‘You figured it out. Well, partly…’ Luhan could hear happiness from Leeteuk’s voice.

‘So you mean I can’t tell anyone about what had happened to me?’ He asked.

‘No, because like what you have said everything will go to waste.’ Leeteuk confirmed.

‘Is that also why you always give me riddles instead of solid answers?’ Luhan asked once again.

‘Yes… As much as I’d love to, I can’t Luhan. I just can’t, not until you’ve figured out everything or at least figured some part of why you still exist.’ He said sadly and was about to leave his thoughts when Luhan uttered one last question.

‘My nightmares. You’re the one who gives me that, and the timer. I know it’s you who creates those because you can’t tell me outright, and I think I know the answer.’ He paused for a moment while Leeteuk anticipated his response.

‘My time is limited and I have to work hard.’ Leeteuk couldn’t contain his happiness, until…

‘Work hard to truly avoid Hyun Ae from now on.’ Luhan finished.

Leeteuk sighed and left his thoughts. ‘The timer doesn’t exist for only you Luhan, think harder before I go berserk and ruin everything.’

“Yah!” Kyungsoo slapped Luhan’s shoulder causing him to wake up from his subconscious. The others have left and Luhan hadn’t even realised it.

“Hyung, you’ve been dosing off too much. What’s up?” Kyungsoo said as he munched on his sandwich.

“Nothing, I’m just thinking about tomorrow. We need to win.” He smirked and remembered that it was their basketball match tomorrow. ‘They’re so going down.’ Luhan chuckled at his excellent skills at memorising.

“Oh right, we have the match tomorrow, but that’s not what I’m really worried about, it’s you, this is not the only time you spaced out. It has been going on since that day when you were supposed to ask Hyun Ae out. Could it be that you regretted it hyung? You can’t deny it from me; I can see it even if you lie to us. You’re like Hyun Ae, you two aren’t good at lying.” Kyungsoo teased.

“Wait how’d you know she wasn’t good in lying? She’d never lied before to you.” Luhan raised a brow.

“I saw her last night. She was drunk and wasted hyung. I asked her if she was alright since I drove past her and she said she was fine, but hyung I’m not dumb, she was trying to supress herself from falling, I-I didn’t know what to do so I asked her if she wanted a lift but she shoved me away and walked straight. I felt so stupid hyung, I’m sorry for just standing there like an idiot and watch her struggling. I really didn’t know hyung, I-” Kyungsoo gulped at his confession. Was it right to tell him?

Luhan signalled him to stop. He clenched his teeth, trying to ease the pain in his head.

Hyun Ae came home drunk.

This was more serious than he had thought.

He was about to say something when a tall figure caught his attention from the side. Kris was running, his face tensed and angry. He looked like he could knock someone out with that big bag he was carrying. Luhan knew exactly what he was up to.

Luhan left Kyungsoo and ran to Kris. He had a lot of problems he needed to deal with but right now was more important. Luhan needed to stop Kris before he could hurt someone. Kris had a calm and relaxed nature but when it came to Hyun Ae, it was a different story.

“I heard you were abandoned by your family,” The girl chuckled, “Well, serves you right! For a like you, I’d kill myself if you were part of my family.” She slapped her and knocked Hyun Ae out.

Hyun Ae fell down hardly to the ground, her eyes swollen from the impact and her cheeks reddened. Tears immediately fell from her eyes as she stared at Yoona. She was scared and hopeless.

“Im Yoona!” a voice came from behind. Yoona looked back when she felt somewhat staring at her back frame. “Kris…” Her jaws dropped. She took a step back and was ready to run away but before she could make a move Kris grabbed her wrist harshly, “What do you think you’re doing huh?” He let go of her wrist and grabbed her uniform’s sleeves. Yoona’s eyes widened and felt warm tears forming in her eyes.

“I-I didn’t mean to I… It was her, It was her fault. She stole everything from me!” She gulped and managed to put a fearless face on, but her scared expression overpowered her braveness.

“She stole everything from you? You f****** already have everything you b****!” He shoved her to the ground as she fell infront of Hyun Ae. “APOLOGISE BEFORE I F******KILL YOU IM YOONA!”

“O-oppa, she doesn’t have to—“

“No Hyun Ae, I’ve had enough, this wench needs to learn her lesson! You think I didn’t know what she has been doing to you? I do! I wanted to tell Luhan so badly but I can’t since I didn’t know if it was the right thing to do. I won’t hide it any longer, you deserve more than this Hyun Ae,” Kris cut Hyun Ae off and stared at Yoona, “Stop staring at Hyun Ae and apologise!”

“I won’t! Never! This wench needs to die!” Yoona grabbed Hyun Ae’s hair and shook her endlessly, “Now, the truth is out. I don’t need to pretend right? I can now finally kill you openly!  You need to disappear. No one wants you or needs you! Your existence means nothing!”

“Im Yoona! Geumanhe!” Luhan shoved her away. He didn’t look back and focused his eyes on Hyun Ae. He stared at her face, he noticed the scratches from Yoona’s fingernails and her wet eyes filled with endless tears. “O-oppa,” Hyun Ae said in a whisper.

“Mianhe Hyun Ae yah. It was my fault everything is my fault, I’m sorry. This happened because of me. I-“

Hyun Ae cut him off with a hug. She broke down in his shoulders as Kris stared at them, speechless. What could he possibly do? No matter how much he tried, Luhan would still get the prize. She’d only cry in his arms.

“Unnie!” Sulli and Krystal helped Yoona up and growled at Luhan and Kris. “How dare you hurt the school’s queenka!”

“How dare you hurt my girl?” Luhan said, his eyes piercing through Yoona’s.

Her facial expressions fell. “I don’t care if she’s your girl, you’re mine!”

“You don’t own me Yoona. No one except Hyun Ae. I befriended you because I thought you were different from the other queenkas but you aren’t. In fact you’re worse than them. You mistook our friendship into something more and now you’re proclaiming that I’m yours? Wake up. The whole doesn’t revolve to only you Yoona. You don’t get every single thing that you want just because you think you’re above everyone else! That just makes you lower in my eyes. I thought you could do better.” And with that Luhan walked off as Kris stared at them.

“Stay away or I will definitely kill every single one of you!”

He might’ve not done it in the past life but he might just do it now.

Luhan ran as fast as he could to catch up with Kris. He jolted to a stop when Kris found Krystal, walking past the lockers.

Kris grabbed her in the wrist. “Who the hell do you think you are?!”

“Let go!” Krystal pushed his fists away but he was stronger.

“I’ll hurt you like what you did to Hyun Ae. Only harder!” Luhan closed his eyes to refrain from watching the scene but Kris was stopped when Krystal started to speak.

“Oh, so you’re here to also give me a lecture?” Kris was taken a back when Krystal handled him calmly. His anger only rose.

“Yeokshi, you’ll always be second.” His grip tightened even more but Krystal seemed unaffected. Her meaningful gaze only stayed.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” He asked coldly.

“You know what I mean. That’s why, just give up.” She shoved his hands away from her wrist. “Hyun Ae will never be truly yours so just be a good boy and stop hurting yourself. Like I said, you’ll always be the second choice. Luhan will always be her first, and surprisingly he was first to scold us too. He was like a real boyfriend. Aww, Hyun Ae is such a lucky girl, or maybe not so lucky.” she tapped his shoulders, “There there… Krystal will always be here for you.”

“Shut up.”

“Didn’t you hear what I just said? Give up already and let Luhan take care of Hyun Ae. He does it way better than you anyway.” She leaned in for a hug but Kris pushed her away.

“I said SHUT UP! I don’t want to hear anything from you! Luhan only did it because he’s a friend!”

“Oh yeah? That’s where you’re wrong Kris. We know a lot of things more than you do, you’re underestimating us. Anyways, I still have a lot to do. Annyeong!” She flicked her hair and walked away, victorious.

Kris punched the wall behind him, hard, until his fist bled a little. “I know! I know a lot more than you think! I know more than anyone else!” His body slid down against the wall until he reached the ground. He hugged his chest in defeat as he let her tears of anger drop down.

Luhan’s heart broke at the view. He screwed up…again.

He shouldn’t have let his feelings empower his thinking.

He shouldn’t have interfered.

If only he had trusted Kris to handle the situation himself, Kris would’ve felt proud to be able to protect her but he wasn’t the first one.

Luhan did it first.

He got the prize…yet again.

Luhan might’ve done it secretly but he was still first.

Luhan bit his lip in frustration.

What was wrong with him?

Why can’t he stay away from Hyun Ae? He was meant to forget about her, but there he is, protecting her but hurting his best friend at the same time.

‘You can’t do anything about it Luhan. Hyun Ae was meant to be yours in the first place. You can’t force a love that was never meant to be.’

Leeteuk was making it worse. ‘Hyung. Stop it, you’re not helping.’

‘You can never run away from it Luhan and shoving Hyun Ae away is running away. I can’t accept that.’ He said.

‘Why can’t you just tell me what to do? I can’t read your mind like you can to me!’ He said in his thoughts frustratingly.

‘Then pay attention to the clues that I’ve been giving and also,’ he paused, ‘Don’t focus one sidedly, I’m not the only one who could help you, look around and believe what you have to believe. Listen to your heart, not your mind.’ Leeteuk left his thoughts.

Listen to your heart, not your mind.

His heart longed for Hyun Ae’s love.

His mind only thought about Hyun Ae.

Hyun Ae, she was the answer but he couldn’t afford to bring her hurt.

No. Never. Not again.

Times have changed and he saw it happening, the most hurtful experience that he feared to witness had taken its place already. Hyun Ae had fallen in love with Kris and his eyes proved it to him.

“It’s ok oppa, I won’t ever let Krystal do that to me again. I promise. I promise to not let you worry ever again.” She lifted his chin up to look at his face. “Don’t cry.” She leaned in to kiss his quivering lips. He kissed back and cupped her face. Heart overflowing with warmness and assurance, Kris smiled in between the kiss and hugged her ever so protectively.

Luhan smiled bitterly and faced his back to them, he jumped a bit when the girl he despised the most appeared in front of him. She hugged him forcefully and smirked at the scene she was witnessing.

“Its ok Luhan, didn’t I tell you that I’ll always be here for you?” Yoona buried her face into his shoulders.

‘You’ve proven everything Hyun Ae, so why must you still long for his touch?’ Hyun Ae thought as she watched Yoona wrapping her arms to Luhan. ‘Why did you expect him to be jealous? He’ll never look at you, no matter how much you want him to. It will always be her. It will always be Yoona. Even if he told Krystal off, he will always think of it as a responsibility because you’re his friend. Nothing more, nothing less.’

Suddenly she felt regretful. She shouldn’t have followed him. She shouldn’t have listened to Krystal and Kris’s argument.

‘Luhan will always be her first, and surprisingly he was first to scold us too.’ The guilt she felt towards Kris only intensified. She was a user, a selfish, good for nothing person.

‘Then you must stop and find your happiness.’ Her subconscious self told her.

‘No, I don’t deserve him. In fact I don’t deserve Kris either but I don’t want to hurt him. Kris has suffered too much because of me. It’s time I repay him.’ She replied.

‘Gratitude does not cover up the love that he wants from you. He wants you to love him sincerely Hyun Ae and not just because you owe him.’

She was right but what could she do? She had started this herself and there was no way out.

Unless, she grants their wish.

For her to disappear.

But her stubborn self won’t let her and Luhan was an enough reason why she wants to stay.

His existence was enough for her, to be able to see his smiling face meant everything. 


*Glossary for today*

Yeokshi - Indeed

Hi guys! I've finally updated! and wow!!! I've reached 400+ subbies!! YOU'RE ALL SOOOO AMAZING!!

Thanks for all the heartfelt comments about this story as well,,, i may reply slow but I really try my best to reply to each comment because i treasure each on of them ^^ And again (lol i always say this in every chap) Pls do comment :) I really love reading them and it motivates me even more :)

Well that's it for today guys :) Hope youse all have a great day ^^,

PS. Pls do tell me if you're confused on some bits ^^ Ill tell you, but i wont spoil anything..muahahaha >_<

~lovelyndgrey2230
  7/08/14