Chapter 17: Stacks of curiosity

One Wish From A Shooting Star (INDEFINITE HIATUS)

“So what year are you in Seunghyun?” Hyun Ae asked in a sweet voice.

“I’m only a freshman noona” Seunghyun smiled at the beauty in front of him. ‘Now I know why Luhan hyung loves her. She’s really pretty’

“Oh, I see. How do you find high school?” She asked and sat with him in a shed with tables and chairs.

“It’s fine I guess. It’s really different from elementary. Plus my lessons are getting more and more complicated.” He sighed and looked down. “I wish I would stop growing up too fast. I’m not ready to face the future.”

“We’re all scared of the future but Seunghyun, growing up teaches you to be strong. Even though a lot of responsibilities may come, there’s a lot of interesting stuff and enjoyable things that you can do. Like working in a job that you like” she said enthusiastically but it didn’t help. Seunghyun rested his chin on the table and mumbled something.

“Sorry I didn’t quite hear you Seunghyun.” Hyun Ae leaned in to hear him.

“You don’t know how hard it is to be part of my family.” He sat back up and faced Hyun Ae “I mean my parents are nice and they love me but they expect too much from us”

“Us? You have a sibling?” Hyun Ae asked happily. “Is it a girl?”

“I wish” he scoffed. “It’s a boy and he annoys the crap out of me but he’s still the best hyung that I could ever have. But these days I’m really disappointed in him.” His face turned sad again as he remembered the day when his hyung was supposed to ask Hyun Ae out.

“Oh damn it!” he yelled in anger while throwing his game controller to the other side of the sofa. He was just 5 points away from beating his high score but life was such a killjoy. As he groaned in frustration he heard the gates being unlocked by the house helpers. He didn’t have to check the windows to know who it was.

“Go and open the door for your hyung” his mother Se Young who just came from work a few hours ago commanded him. She was too excited to hear Luhan’s news that she left her work early and helped the maids in order to prepare food for the family. His husband Hyun Ki who was now resting in the sofa with Seunghyun had also told his assistant to cancel some of his appointments just to witness his son’s good news. Well, he hoped it was good news but he was positive that no one could ever resist his son’s charms. Besides, he got it from him anyway.

“Hyung!” Seunghyun hugged Luhan tightly. “How did you go with your report? Is it done yet?” Seunghyun asked in curiosity. He was supposed to go home with Luhan but he left first since Luhan had to finish his report that was due tomorrow.

Luhan nodded and made his way to the sofa where his dad was. “I’m home dad” he said and smiled. Hyun Ki nodded and signalled his son to sit down on the couches.

“So how was your day?” Hyun Ki asked his son happily and sat up straight as a sign of eagerness.

“Not bad” Luhan said in low voice. “Dad, I’m kind of tired today. Is it alright if I go and catch some sleep first?” he said and stood up from his seat. Before he could turn his back away from his dad, Hyun Ki cleared his throat and stared at Luhan with a worried expression.

“Sit down Luhan. Let’s talk it out.” Hyun Ki ordered.

“Luhan!” His mum Se Young chirped. She made her way to the couches and hugged Luhan. “So how was it?” her mum squeezed Luhan’s hand to express her anticipation but her expression immediately changed when he heard Luhan’s answer.

“I didn’t ask her out.”

Seunghyun could only scrunch his face in frustration while Hyun Ki sighed. “But son I thought you—“

“No Dad. I-I was wrong, I don’t like her anymore. We’re just not meant to be. I’m sorry if I disappointed you guys.” He gulped the forming lump in his throat to prevent his tears from falling.

“It’s ok son. We understand, and besides, you’re still young so there’s no need to rush. Now go to your room and sleep. We’ll tell you when the food is ready.” Se Young said and kissed Luhan’s cheek one last time. Luhan nodded and rushed to his room.

“Luhan is seriously photocopied from you Hyun Ki. Even his inner self is like you, someone who just doesn’t get what love is. Confused and always in denial.” Se Young tsked and shook her head. “Remember how I had to tell you that I liked you? Then after that BAM! You said you liked me too. Do all girls have to suffer like what I have suffered?”

“Hey! You don’t know how nerve-wracking it was to at least say those lines to you!” Hyun Ki pouted and glared at his wife.

“Arasso, I get it. Now smile for me”

‘Ugh. I better go’ Seunghyun glared at the two love birds and told his parents that he was also going to his room.

He plopped himself into the comfortable bed and rubbed his face into the cold sheets. After twisting and turning in the bed he stopped to think about what he had witnessed.

‘There’s no way Luhan hyung would just give up like that. It’s just not his personality. It’s either that he got rejected and just wouldn’t tell us or Hyun Ae noona already has someone else in her heart. But if she does have someone in her heart, then what the hell is that Hwa Young girl talking about then?’

“Noona, do you have a boyfriend?” He said after reminiscing that very day. Seunghyun chuckled when he received a very shocked expression from Hyun Ae. “Hey! I’m not hitting on you, I’m just curious.” He defended as his cheeks slowly turned into a rosy pink colour.

“Yes. Why do you ask?”

“Oh, nothing.” He said and frowned, ‘So hyung did not get rejected.  But there’s something fishy going on here. I have to talk to hyung about this’ Seunghyun thought in silence.

“Annyeong Hyun Ae!” Hwa Young skipped her way to them and looked at the familiar boy that was seated across Hyun Ae. ‘Omo! Isn’t this…?’ her eyes widened in horror as Seunghyun smirked at her. ‘I’m going to kill this kid! I swear I will!’

“Annyeong noona!” the first year student flashed her a teasing smile that made Hwa Young’s blood boil in anger. ‘Jugilkeoya!’

“Wait, you know each other?” Hyun Ae asked in shock and looked at the two of them. They sure looked like they knew each other very well but it didn’t mean that they showed a friendly relationship towards each other.

“Just a junior that I came to know from Chanyeol” Hwa Young smiled fakingly as Seunghyun rolled his eyes in disgust.

‘Liar. You’re just scared to admit the truth. You’re just scared that I know the truth.’ He chuckled to himself earning a weird expression from Hyun Ae and an I-will-kill-you stare from Hwa Young.

“Ah! I see…uhmm, I-I have to go, I still have to see my Maths teacher about something. Are you coming Hwa Young?” She asked in the gentlest way possible. Her best friend’s glares scared her the most. Hwa Young was a really great friend but you wouldn’t want to get into her bad side. She has an exterior of an innocent human being but she had an interior of a dragon.

“No Hyun Ae, I’ll just go when I have the time. I’ll hang out with little Seunggie for a while” She turned away from Hwa Young and looked at Seunghyun with fierce eyes. She then fixed her expression into a smiling one and waved Hyun Ae goodbye but when Hyun Ae had disappeared completely she looked back to Seunghyun again only to find no one.

“Yah!!!” she ran with all her might until she was half way to where Seunghyun was. The little minx was the fastest runner in his grade but she was the fastest runner in her grade and therefore Seunghyun was pulled back by a strong hand that was gripping tightly in his collar. “Going somewhere chingu?” She held the back of his uniform sleeve even tighter this time. “I’m sorry but you’re going nowhere”

“Let go of me.” Seunghyun threatened.

“Or what? You’re going to call up your friends and beat me up? Hah! Coward!” Hwa Young released him harshly and fixed his collar. She was still a good noona anyway.

“You’re the coward one. You’re scared to admit that you’ve messed up this time. You’re scared that you’ve exposed your friend’s secret!” Seunghyun stuck a tongue at Hwa Young.

“You hadn’t said anything to Hyun Ae right?” she dusted off the dirt that was sitting still in her sleeves and replied to Seunghyun with a serious tone of voice. “You know this isn’t something that a freshman like you can handle. This situation isn’t a playground so you better stay out of it kid.”

“Don’t ‘kid’ me. Even though I look like a total immature person who only knew how to play games on computer labs, I do have a brain you know. For your information, I’m smart enough to know where I stand and I certainly know that I don’t have the right to spread this information without concrete evidences.” He crossed his arms to his chest. “Plus, I know that you won’t let me get away with it if I do tell anyone that Hyun Ae noona likes Luhan.”

“Of course I won’t! I’ll hunt you down like a serial killer would do to its victim.” She raised her voice and sighed loudly in rage. This was all her fault. Why can’t she keep her thoughts in her head instead? Why in the world does open whenever she thinks about something?

Saying her thoughts had always been a habit that she failed to discontinue and that habit of hers completely exposed her best friend’s secret. It was just a normal day in school and she was on her way to her locker when she thought about EXO’s argument and Hyun Ae’s heartbreak over Luhan possibly asking a girl out at the exact same day.

“How is Hyun Ae going to deal with this? I just hope that she’ll get through whatever shock that she’ll have to go through if Luhan does like another girl. God damn, why does Hyun Ae have to like Luhan when there’s Kris who obviously likes her” she slammed her locker door hard and jumped back when she saw someone leaning against the locker door beside her.

“Did I hear that right? Hyun Ae likes Luhan?” the boy smirked and sent off a scoff. “Busted!”

“Hey! Who are you anyway? Don’t you dare say that to anyone or you’ll be in trouble. I’m not even kidding!” She yelled.

“Me? I’m just someone who happens to be really close with Luhan, not that big of a deal!” he laughed and gave Hwa Young a mocking smile.

“Don’t. Please I beg you; you can’t ever say that in front of EXO or Hyun Ae. I don’t even know how you got to know Hyun Ae but that doesn’t matter, what matters is that whatever you heard right now, just pretend that you didn’t even hear it or better yet, forget that you even saw me.”

“I won’t ever forget it Hwa Young noona” Hwa Young displayed a shocked expression as goose bumps filled her whole skin.

“How did you know my name?!? Are you a stalker or something?” She made a cross sign with her fingers “Or like an evil mythical creature?”

“Pabo! I’m not! I just know you, that’s all” he shrugged.

“And you call that not scary?” she shook her head. “Besides, Luhan probably likes another girl. They even had a small argument about Luhan not asking a girl out or something like that. The news wasn’t that clear anyway since I wasn’t there.” As she continued explaining, the kid in front of her was just zoned out and quiet. “Hey are you even listening?”

“Y-yeah, see you later! Thanks for the information!” Seunghyun ran as fast as he could.

“Hey! Kid! I don’t even know your name! That’s not fair!” She shouted loudly earning glances from the sea of students.

“Seunghyun! My name is Seunghyun!”

Hwa Young shook her head to erase the scary memory. He wasn’t that scary anymore now that she was certain that she could trust him. The kid sure does have some sense of loyalty.

“Anyway, don’t even think about saying that now. Hyun Ae loves Kris so don’t take that happiness away from her. Please.”

“Sure. I won’t, she’ll do it naturally anyway.” Seunghyun grinned as Hwa Young rolled her eyes.

“She won’t ever go to Luhan, she had completely given him up because of Yoona” she said, stressing on Yoona’s name.

“Oh, you mean that cupcake looking girl?” he played with his fingers out of boredom. “I’m not too worried about her.”

“Wow, you amaze me. Do you have like a list of our names? Are you like those kinds of people who stick their noses on other people’s business?” she said in the most offensive way.

“It’s called trying to help.” He walked away from her while he continued to speak, “Besides, you don’t even know me and the whole story.”

‘You don’t even know how much Luhan hyung loves Hyun Ae noona and lastly…’ he chuckled as he thought about how Hwa Young would react to his hidden secret. ‘You don’t even know I’m his brother’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

“Ah Kkamjjakiya!” Luhan pressed his chest with his hands when Leeteuk suddenly popped out of nowhere. He could now visibly see Leeteuk who was sitting down comfortably in one of the benches that were located next to their locker rooms intended for the school’s basketball team.

“Long time no see dongsaeng! How’s life?” he playfully asked Luhan making him throw a piece of clothing at Leeteuk which failed miserably since it only went past his body and came out from behind. “Damn. I forgot you were a ghost.”

“So are you dummy!” He laughed and lied down to face Luhan who was currently changing into his varsity uniform. “Wow nice abs!”

“Byuntae! Aish!” Luhan could only sigh at Leeteuk’s childishness but suddenly the mood went serious when Leeteuk mentioned Hyun Ae’s name.

“So have you thought about Hyun Ae recently?”

Luhan gulped and chose to ignore Leeteuk. “Are you forever going to be in the friend’s category?”

“Leeteuk hyung, I thought you knew about what we had agreed on? We’re friends now, everything is sorted out.” he emphasized on the word ‘friends’ to prove his point.

“You know you want something more than that.” Leeteuk stood up suddenly and asked him yet another question, probably the most random question ever, “Luhan, do you believe in wishing from a shooting star?” He asked him with hopeful eyes, anticipating that he would at least pay attention to him this time.

“Please hyung, don’t even ask me those questions like my mum. Seriously you guys, what’s up with you and stars?” He slammed the his locker door and stomped away from Leeteuk. Leeteuk frowned and clenched his fists in frustration ‘Seriously, how am I supposed to tell him without messing everything up? Aish!’

“Aaaahhh!!!” Luhan screamed in fright when he bumped into Sehun who was just standing behind the rows of lockers. “I’m sorry Sehun-ah, I didn’t see you there. Are you alright?”

“Y-yeah I’m fine hyung, don’t worry. I’ll just go and change so we can start training.” He smiled at Luhan while Luhan nodded and ruffled the maknae’s hair.

After Luhan left Sehun stood there like a statue. Completely frozen and scared about what he heard just a while ago. ‘Has Luhan hyung completely lost it? Why on Earth would he be talking to a dead hyung? Why on Earth would he mention Leeteuk hyung’s name?’


*Glossary for today*

Jugilkeoya - I will kill you

Kkamjakiya - You scared me

Byuntae - ert

 

Hi my lovely readers! Here's Chapter 17 for you to enjoy! It's another long update guys ^^ Hope this wasn't too much for you to read and I hope you guys are still finding the story a pleasure to read :) 

It's the start of my winter break guys so i might be able to update again this week or next week ^^ Anyways, I'll be waiting for your comments ^^

And again, OMG THANKYOU VERY VERY MUCH GUYS! I've FINALLY REACHED 100 UPVOTES! (currently 102), 380+ subbies and 5000+ views!!!. Couldnt have done it without you guys! Thankyou so much for fulfulling this goal for me :) Seriously, i dont even know how to thankyou guys! YOU ARE ALL JUST SOOO AWESOME!! :')

See you guys in my next update!

~lovelyndgrey2230
  3/07/2014