L is for Lemonade

You Are More Than Your Chair

The fact that Jinki’s place had an elevator and there weren’t any steps outside of the front door to his studio meant a lot for him. And because it wasn’t that far from his dorm he could go over and surprise the man with his favorite coffee or dinner when the man was locked up finishing up a huge project.  Jinki also really liked taking him home and cooking for him, and curling up on his nice leather sofa and falling asleep curled up with one another. It was a way to be alone without Jonghyun always there. Not that he didn’t love the man like a brother, but sometimes Jinki really wanted Minho to himself, and his boyfriend’s best friend was like a puppy; All up in your face wanting attention.

 

When Minho smacked his forearm the older man snapped out of his daze. “ Are you going to unlock the door or make me sit here and have a heat ?”

 

“Oh! My bad.” Minho giggled as his boyfriend rushed to put the key in the lock. Soon they were walking into the cool air-conditioned studio. Minho quietly went to look at the huge painting that was only half way finished, like he always did to check the progress of it, before the older man’s soft footsteps could be heard coming up behind him

 

. “Are you ever going to tell me what it is going to be?”

 

There was a soft breathy chuckle against his neck as his boyfriend leaned in closer, “If you still don’t know what it’s going to be I must as an artist." Minho’s large eyes widen as he rushed to explain what he said, but Jinki just chuckled and kissed his cheek. “Come on. I’m boiling and could use a nice cold glass of lemonade. How about you  Sunshine?”

 

“Do you have the cookies I like?” Minho asked as Jinki gently pushed him toward the elevator.

 

“You know I always have a pack for you.” Minho leaned back and smiled as the older man reached around him and pushed the button. He pouted up at Jinki. “Hey! That’s my job.”

 

“You’re cute when you pout Love.” Jinki whispered against the shell of his ear. He knew he didn’t have to be quiet, for they were alone, but he loved how it caused a slight shiver to rake the younger man’s frame.

 

When the elevator didn’t softly ding both men frowned. Jinki walked from behind the man and over to the control panel. Minho heard him sigh before turning toward him. Even before Jinki was able to say anything the younger man said it for him. “It’s broken, isn’t it?”

 

Guilt flashed over Jinki’s features as he slowly nodded. Minho knew that the older man was blaming himself for this, when in reality he had no control over whether the machine broke down. Minho gave him a small reassuring smile, “It’s okay. We can go get lemonade at that café down the street.”

 

Yes that lemonade at the café was just fine, but it wasn’t Jinki’s homemade one. They could easily go and get the beverage, but it wasn’t the one that the older man had spent 2 hours the night before making just so Minho could have some of it. He knew he could just go run up the stairs and get the man a glass, but then he would miss out on cuddling with him on the couch while they watched the man’s favorite dramas that he recorded for him.

 

So before Minho could say anything the buckle in his lap was being unclasped, and he was being picked up from the cushion. His arms found their way around the man’s neck, like so many times before, and even though this wasn’t the first time Jinki had picked him up out of the blue a small gasp still flew past his lips as he clung on tighter. He didn’t ask where the man was taking him because he had a slight suspicion where it was, so he just pressed his nose into the spot between Jinki’s neck and shoulder.

 

He felt the man walking up the 2 flights of stairs and kicking open the door to his huge apartment. Minho was gently placed on the couch; in the spot that Jinki knew he would be the most comfortable from previous times, and after a kiss on the cheek and a promise to return he was running back down the stairs; presumably for the younger man’s chair.

 

When he returned and the chair was softly placed the white plush carpet Minho knew he was correct. Jinki’s chest was rising and falling faster than normal, and his plump lips were parted slightly as the soft rushed breaths blew past them.

 

Minho hated it when Jinki was tired, because it always seemed to be because of him. The older man always seemed out of breath, or drowsy, and he knew that it was because of all the problems that sprung up because he was in a wheelchair and all Jinki ever wanted to do was help him.

 

Jinki went to get the lemonade, adding a little more sugar than normal just the way he knew Minho liked it, and placed them on the glass coffee table in front of them. The box of cookies was placed next to them before he was gone into the bedroom; returning a moment later with Minho’s favorite pillow of his. He then placed the pillow behind him, his hand firm on Minho’s chest as he leaned forward a little, before making sure he was all comfy. He then handed him the lemonade, his blue curly straw and all.

 

“I’ll get that elevator fixed tomorrow.” Jinki concluded as he took a sip of his own lemonade.

 

“Don’t go into so much trouble for me Jinki.”

 

The older man looked over at him and frowned. “It isn’t trouble Minho.”

 

“You didn’t have to carry me. You don’t have to get the elevator fixed and you don’t have to do things just because you know I like them. You aren’t required to do them.”

 

Jinki just smiled and leaned over to kiss him, the sweet taste of the lemonade rushing over his taste buds. “I know. So which drama first?”

 

The older man’s smile broke him down little by little and the worry that he was a hassle to him went away, “You can choose this time.”

 

But Jinki knew which one to put in, because he knew the younger man better than he did himself most of the time. And after the dvr was playing the show the younger man had already finished his glass of lemonade, but Minho wouldn’t allow the older man to get up. Jinki knew that the younger man would want more with his cookies, so he just gave him his own. He didn’t mind it.

 

All he really wanted to do was have Minho’s head on his thighs with his own fingers pushing through the younger man’s hair. He wanted to gently place the straw between the man’s lips and feed him cookies as they watched the shows.

 

Because really Minho was all that matter.

 

----

A/N; I know this is out of order, but d is for drool wasn't working for me, BUT I had this written. I'm sorry it's late. Please forgive me :C