T is for Tatter Tots

You Are More Than Your Chair

Saturdays were the best days because of various reasons. It was sleeping in a little until Bummie got tired of playing in his room. Those mornings were sleepy cuddles and soft kisses until their bedroom door was pushed open and their son was padding over to climb up onto the end of the bed and jumping until the men took notice to him. It was tickles and loud giggles under the covers, and Bummie commenting about how they all look like bed heads. It was dragging himself out of bed and running the bath for the now 4 year old before going back to gently kiss his Partner and help him into his chair so he could go make breakfast. 

 

 Bubble bath and white bubbles spread across his face by a cheeky little boy, but he didn't mind it because of that big smile spread across his son's face. It was playing with that rubber duck and the smaller ones that Bummie called baby duckies that Minho had to get because they were adorable. It was back when they were just in the talks of adopting the boy, and the younger man thought that Bummie would love them. They were blue and white with orange bills. And Bummie just loved to cover them with bubbles and giggle as they popped. 


 
It was lifting the boy out of water and quickly trying to dry him off, but ending up chancing a very Bummie around the house until Minho finally side swiped him and pulled him into his lap. The boy would pout and say it was unfair as he was handed over to his Pa. Hair dried, though it was really in need for a trim, and clothes pulled on. Clothes that the boy was allowed to pick out.  Polk a dot socks pulled on tiny chubby feet before giggling and running to the kitchen table for breakfast. Bananas and strawberries cut and mixed in a bowl in front of his chair, Minho smiling as Jinki swooped in and lifted him up into his lap so he could eat.

 

It's going down to the studio and throwing water balloons at a big blank white canvas. Bummie giggling every time one of his balloons break and splattered color over the surface. Minho smiling widely at the boy, and flashing quick glances over at his Partner who just happened to be helping the boy. Sneaking in colored kisses between balloons, lips and cheeks painted a mixture of pink and light orange from the balloon Bummie had thrown at his Pa's head.

 

It's a quick wash with a damp cloth and soup, before lunch is about to be made. It's asking what Minho wanted, but always turning to the young boy for the final verdict.

 

And that Saturday Bummie answered with, "Tatter tots! Really burnt crispy tatter tots!" 

 

The boy was almost bouncing where he stood. Jinki just shook his head with a fond smile on his face before walking to the freezer and pulling out the bag. There was a soft tug on his pant leg, and he turned to see Bummie standing with his arms up. He lifted the boy onto the counter next to the stove, and he just sat there with his legs folded watching contently as he placed the frozen potatoes on the pan.

 

He heard Bummie hum and he smiled as he finished putting the pan in the oven and set the timer. "Did paint throwing make you hungry?"

 

"Yes.. but Pa.. it's tatter tots. I don't need to be hungry." Jinki just smiled and kissed the boys cheek before allowing him to wrap his arms around his neck and lift him off the table. Jinki carried him into the living room where Minho was sitting comfortably on the couch. Mulan was in, the main menu screen on the tv waiting for when the food was finished so they could watch the movie. "Yay Mushu time!" 

 

Once the tatter tots were done Jinki went to get them and made sure to get enough ketchup and grab Bummie's favorite plate. The boy found his familiar spot between them and gently munched on his burnt food as Minho pressed play.

 

Minho would lean over and sneak in a quick kiss that always turned into a slower one and Bummie would go ick and stick his tongue out. 

 

Jinki didn't mind though, because Saturday was still the best day of the week.