H is for Horseback riding

You Are More Than Your Chair

When Jinki woke up the next morning there were soft hot breaths against his chest, and he smiled as he hugged the younger man tighter against him. He looked down to see Minho soundly sleeping with his long thin fingers tightly gripping his tank top as he rubbed his cheek against his chest.

 

 The several layers of blankets on them were warm and toasty, not to mention the heat that was radiating from between them being so close. Both of them needed the ceiling fan on. More fans the better, because all that meant was being able to hold each other closer to escape the cool of the fans.

 

Jinki shifted a little against him, trying not to wake the younger man up, but when Minho softly groaned he knew he had. “Is my Baby awake?” Jinki whispered against his hair.

 

“No.” Minho muttered, his eyelashes fluttering as he fought the urge to open his eyes.

 

“It’s only 8. Sleep all you want.”

 

“I don’t want to face your parents.” The younger man admitted softly and peeked up at Jinki.

 

The older man smiled and gently kissed his forehead. “Me either honestly.”

 

“You’re warm.”

 

Jinki chuckled. “I think it’s the blankets Baby.”

 

“No. It’s you,” Minho giggled then, snuggling against the man’s chest as he wrapped his arm around him.

 

Jinki kissed his hair. “If you say so Sunshine.”

                                                                        -----

It was 2 hours later that they finally got up for the day. Jinki made them breakfast, smiling widely as he fed the younger man bits of food. Neither really cared when his parents came in to see them, and cared even less when his mother stormed off.

 

After breakfast Jinki pushed him toward the huge barn. The night before Jinki had mentioned meeting his horse that he didn’t even know the man had, but he had no idea what to expect. The horse’s name was Rowdy, so that didn’t present any good ideas.

 

Jinki walked up to one of the stalls and whistled before opening the top half of the door. He heard a horse whiney loudly and a hoof stomp against the ground. The older man smiled then as he opened the top half and a jet black horse head leaned out, reaching for the man. “Hey Boy. Did ya miss me?”

 

The horse whinnied against as it threw his head back; Jinki laughing as he moved to pet his neck. He looked back at Minho and the younger man really enjoyed seeing the twinkle in his eyes. “Is this Rowdy?”

 

“Mhmm.”

“He’s really pretty.”

 

“I’m glad you think so, because you are going to ride him.”

 

“What?” Minho asked. He wasn’t entirely sure he had heard the man correctly. “Did you just say I’m going to ride him? That big black huge animal?”

 

“Mhmm.” When Jinki moved to unlock the door Minho was shaking his hands in front of his face. The older man frowned. “Do you not want to?”

 

“If you haven’t noticed I’m in a wheelchair. I can’t ride a horse.”

 

Jinki just glared. “What did I say about the I can’t stuff Minho?”

 

“You can’t honestly believe that this is going to end with anything but my death.”

 

Jinki sighed before walking over to him. He took his face into his hands, “Trust me a little would you. I never said you’d be doing it alone. I’ll be there to hold you.”

 

Minho bit his bottom lip. “I have always wanted to ride one.”

 

Jinki beamed. “Stay here and I’ll go saddle him!”

 

But Minho didn’t stay there, he followed a little ways behind the horse, because he knew not to get too close, and just watched Jinki interact with the animal. He could tell that the older man loved the horse, just by how he smiled and doted over the horse like nothing else. Before Minho knew the man was looking over at him saying he was done, and his stomach dropped to his feet it seemed.

 

Of course he wanted to ride the horse and he trusted that Jinki wouldn’t let anything bad happen to him, but that didn’t take away the fear that he would dissappoint the older man and not be able to do this.

 

Jinki came over and gently lifted him from his seat, and with a grunt he was placed on the saddle. The older man’s hands were firm on his hips, making sure he didn’t move. “Hold on tight okay? I need to get on.”

 

Minho gripped the piece of saddle in front of him tightly as he felt the older man swing up behind him. The horse whinnied and the younger man started to wonder if the horse could handle the weight of two grown men.

 

Jinki was pressed against his back, his arms around his waist securing him safety against him. He felt the younger man shaking a little bit, and he laid his chin on Minho’s shoulder and gave him a soft smile. “I won’t let go. Just hold on tight to my arms okay?”

 

Then Jinki was leading the horse out with his right hand on the reigns, and Minho seized up against him. “I don’t think I can do this.”

 

“Relax Baby. Rowdy is nothing like his name now.” He kissed his neck softly as they made their way out of the barn. “We’ll take it slow okay?”

 

But after a while the younger man didn’t really mind that Jinki nudged the horse’s side a little more and made them go a little bit faster. For once he really believed that maybe when the older man told him that he could do anything someone who could walk could do. Maybe his wheelchair didn’t define him and his abilities.

 

They were lying on a blanket in the huge green field with Minho leaning back against him a couple hours later. Rowdy was off a little ways grazing, and the younger man really enjoyed watching the beautiful animal move as it did so.

 

Jinki clasped their hands together as he lifted the man’s hair a little and kissed the skin right at the base of his neck when the younger man said softly, “Thank you for today.”

 

Jinki smiled against his skin, “I told you that you can do anything.”

 

“No but I couldn’t have done this without you.” Minho squeeze his hand a little, “Any of it. It’s all because of you.”

 

Before Jinki could anything Minho was laughing up a storm; Rowdy had come over to nuzzle his head at the two and try to chew their hair. “Rowdy!”

 

The horse trotted away, and if the animal could giggle he was. Minho had fallen into Jinki’s lap, not that he minded, because he could reach up and pull the man down to softly kiss his lips. “I love you.”

 

Jinki smiled. “And I you Sunshine.”