V is for Velcro

You Are More Than Your Chair

"Pa! Pa!" Jinki turned and almost didn't react quick enough to the boy running toward him, but luckily he did. The paint brush that was in his hand was quickly placed across the can of paint before he was scooping up the hyper boy into his arms with wide eyes. 

 

"Hiya Bummie." Jinki smiled widely when the boy kissed his cheek and looked over toward the door. Minho was there, a soft smile on his face and lap full of bags. 

 

"What did I say about running in here? You probably got your shirt covered in paint Bummie." Minho was lecturing him, but his voice was soft. The small boy looked down and his bottom lip jutted out.

 

"I just wanted to show Pa my new shoes." The boy mumbled as he swung his feet further up. 

 

"But your Daddy's right. I am kind of covered in paint." He gently set the boy on the ground before kneeling. "Why don't you go help him put away the things you got at the store and I'll come up and you can show me the clothes and shoes you got?"

 

The boy nodded quickly and skipped over to Minho; grabbing his hand and trying to pull him along to the elevator. Jinki quickly went over and snuck a kiss. The younger man smiled before pushing his other hand against his wheel and following their son.

 


Once the metal doors of the elevator closed behind them Jinki quickly went back around to the front of the canvas. He finished the last bit of line work he was working on before quickly washing his brushes and closing the paint. Then he was walking up the stairs, because the elevator was still up top the way they liked it to be, and walked into their home to hear Bummie squealing. The boy suddenly appeared running from the kitchen with a wide smile on his face, hair amuck. 
Minho came out a moment later tired, but content, look on his face. "He stole a cookie again didn't he?"

 


Minho's head snapped toward him, and with a smile he nodded. "He's probably hiding in his closet."

 


But Jinki was shaking his head. He pulled off his shirt that was covered in paint and after it was inside out folded it nicely. It was set in Minho's hands as he leaned down to softly kiss his cheek. "I feel like today is an under the bed type of day."

 


"Your medicine is on the counter."

 


"Thank you." He kissed his lips before walking to find another shirt. There was a basket sitting in the hallway, and he pulled a random shirt out. He gently sniffed it, and after he deemed it clean enough he pulled it over his head. "Bummie!" He called in a sing song voice. He heard the soft giggle, and Jinki smiled. "Come on Bumbum. I'm coming to get you if you like it or not."

 


More giggles, and as he pushed open the slighty opened door that's when he saw the boy's tiny shoe covered feet. He was quiet as he moved toward the bed, trying very hard not to make a sound before he quickly grabbed the boy's legs and tugged. The boy squealed loudly.

 


Jinki gently tossed the boy onto his bed, and hurried to tickle his stomach. There were still crumbs on his face from what the man knew to be the quick cookies consumption. "Pa stop!" He swatted at his Father with his slightly chubby hands, but Jinki wasn't going to let up.

 


"It's what you get for taking my cookie Bummie." The cough from the door was what made him stop. The both looked over to see Minho, but the boy was too rild up to calm down. Kibum reached up and grabbed his father's cheek. Shaking it slightly.

 


"Hey! That's my cheek!" Jinki whined.

 


"Bummie, why don't you show your shoes to Pa?" Minho said quietly as he pushed his way too the bed.

 


The boy just lifted his foot up quickly, almost smacking Jinki in the face. He eyed the shoes, blue with silver stars on the side as the boy rambled. "I wanted ones with laces, but Daddy says velcro was the way to go."

 


"They are really cool." Jinki commented softly. "Why don't you go put them by the door with mine and Daddy's shoes?"

 


"Really? Like I grown up?" He said with wide eyes.

 


Jinki nodded and the boy was up and running before another thing could be said. He did glance over at his Partner, who's eyes were following their son out the door fondly. He moved to wrap his arms around him and whisper into his ear. "You know he can't have velcroed shoes forever."

 


"He's a baby. My baby. No shoe laces yet." Minho mumbled as he pouted.

 


"Well, sooner or later he's gonna have to learn." He kissed his cheek and followed the boy out of the room.

 


"Just not yet!" Minho called out.

 


And Jinki just shook his head.

 

 

 

 

It's been forever. And I'm sorry. There's like maybe 5 more to this. So yay!

Sorry it's so short!