G is for Goldfish

You Are More Than Your Chair

Kibum usually went with Jinki during the day, because he could sit in the man's office, play around and not get in the way. Siwon adored the little guy, and even came and took him off his father's hands most of the time to go be cute to the women of the floor. 

 

The small boy would hold onto two of his Pa's fingers, and happily walk into the building. His tiny backpack had a juice box, a sandwich and his stuffed fox with his head popped out of the zipper. He always had a tiny foam cup, filled with luke warm hot chocolate, and he would always giggle when he got whipped creme on his upper lip. Bummie always finished it on the elevator riding up, and would hand it over to his Pa and content himself with playing with his backpack straps.

 

Then they would pass the giant aquarium that lead them through the hallway from the elevator and into the actual company. 
He would push up on his tiny feet and reach up as far as he could to try and touch a fish. Of course he would pout when he couldn't and Jinki would come over and gently lift him up from the ground so he could get a better look. His favorite fish was a tiny goldfish, so tiny that he wasn't really noticeable in the tank, and when Jinki asked him why it was his favorite Bummie replied, "Because he's tiny like me."

 

"Maybe if you ask Siwon he'll allow you to feed him later." 

 

Once in his office Jinki set the boy down on the floor next to the box of toys that were still in the room, and went to sit at his desk. He just hoped he could get this design signed off on before lunch. 

 

Kibum was good, he always was, contented with just playing with his set of blocks and his stuffed fox. Jinki looked over at him fondly for a moment before returning to work. The boy only really ever interrupted him when he needed help with something, or he was tired and wanted the older man to gently sing to him so he could fall asleep. 

 

When Lunch came around Jinki hadn't even noticed, the pink marker in his hand that he was trying to use to make the color just right on the gem was taking most of his concentration. The door to his office opened, and his head snapped up. He wanted to warn whoever it was to be quiet, for Bummie was sleeping on the chair by the window, but Kyuhyun popped his head in slightly and smiled. 

 

The slightly older man knew that the small boy would be sleeping; therefore knew to be quiet as he closed the door behind him and approached the desk. He placed a bag on the table before Jinki and smiled. "I thought you two might be hungry." 

 

Jinki smiled and bowed his head. "Thanks Hyung."

 

"No problem." The man walked over and gently planted a kiss on Bummie's cheek and pushed his dark hair off his forehead. "Siwon tells me that Bummie here has taken a liking to a fish in the fish tank." 

 

Jinki softly chuckled as he stopped putting away his design. "Yeah. The little goldfish that really looks too tiny to live." 

 

"He's really too cute." Kyuhyun commented softly.

 

"And here I thought you only thought your games were cute Hyung." 

 

Kyuhyun just smirked, "I think Siwon is cute too."

 

"But just don't tell him you said it." Jinki finished for him with a wide smile. "I know." 

 

The man left soon after, and the young boy woke up maybe 20 minutes after that. Bummie ate his food quietly as he sat on his Pa's lap, and even after he was done he didn't move from his spot until Siwon walked through the door after a soft knock. "Horsie!" 

 

Siwon chuckled and picked the boy up; planting a soft kiss onto his cheek. "How's my llittle Bummie doing?"
"Good! Turtle brought us food!"

 

"Turtle brought me food too. It was good wasn't it?"

 

"Yeah. I know he didn't cook it though." Siwon tried to stop himself from laughing, but he couldn't help himself.

 

"Someone told me that you have come to like my tiny goldfish."

 

The boy nodded with a big smile on his face, "I have named him Squishy." 

 

"Well, if it's okay with your Pa," Siwon glanced over at the man before looking back at the boy, "You can take Squishy home with you."

 

"Really?!" Bummie squirmed out of his grasp and ran over to his Pa. "Can I can I can I?" 

 

Jinki thought for a moment, and it wasn't something huge. Bummie was big enough, and if they were ever going to get a dog they should start somewhere. "Let me call your Daddy and tell him about it, but I know he'll say yes."

 

Let's just say the boy didn't stop squealing and running around until Jinki scopped him up when they were about to leave to go get the fish from the tank.