Last Days

I'm An Alien?!

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun can feel his hands tremble as he struggles to hide his shaken mind. He doesn't know what is going on anymore and all he can do is to trust Chanyeol that he knows what he's doing. Everyone is busy with preparing for Chanyeol and Baekhyun to leave, which will be in only some few days. Baekhyun hides his trembling hands under the table as Chanyeol glances up at him from time to time while he reads through a couple of lists he got from Suho earlier today.

 

Are you alright?”

 

Chanyeol tries to not sound too worried, but he knows very well that Baekhyun is quite unsure about everything and that he's upset about leaving. But if Baekhyun stays, he will regret not going home and he would go insane since he can't see his family or get to know how they're doing. But he doesn't want to leave, because then he might never see Chanyeol or his friends again.

 

I'm fine...”

 

Baekhyun tries to hide his depressed tone in his voice as he stares down at the table. He doesn't know what to do anymore and Chanyeol has promised to let Baekhyun do whatever he wants to do. But it's quite obvious what everyone wants him to do, which is to leave the planet and go back home. It's not weird that they want him to leave, he's the alien among them after all.

It's funny that Baekhyun never thought about it earlier, but he's the alien among these people. He always thought that they're the aliens, which they are to him. But since he's on another planet and he's not the same “race” as them, he's actually the alien. He's the one who doesn't actually belong here and should leave.

 

Baekhyun... I told you that-”
“I'm fine... I just... I'm just a little sad to have to leave.”

 

Chanyeol nods slowly while his eyes stares intensively at Baekhyun. Of course Baekhyun can't face Chanyeol like this, he's too shaken about the fact that he might never see him again. Shouldn't Baekhyun want to stare more at Chanyeol if he knows that he might never see him again? Well, it only hurts to look at Chanyeol and Baekhyun is scared that he will start crying again.

 

It's sad and quite depressing... But... it might not be the end for us.”
“Mm... Maybe...”
“Baekhyun... Please don't worry too much about it-”
“I'm fine... I... I'm going to go for a walk.”
“Do you want me to go with you?”
“I need some time alone... O-Only an hour or so.”
“Okay, I will be right here and wait for you to come back then.”

 

Baekhyun nods as he hurries to get up and makes sure to not show his hands to Chanyeol. Baekhyun walks fast out of the small room and then towards the exit of the small building Chanyeol and the others have gotten to borrow from the military. Here they stay and work from now and on, which means they have left the safety houses.

Baekhyun lets out a small sigh as he walks out through the front door of the building. Today the weather is wonderful. There is a big clear blue sky with not a single cloud and the sun is shining bright. Baekhyun starts to walk down the street as he tries to calm himself down. Like Chanyeol said, he shouldn't worry too much about never seeing him again. It's not such a big deal after all...

OF COURSE IT'S A BIG DEAL! Baekhyun bites his lower lip as he struggles to not scream angrily. Chanyeol is such an idiot! Of course Baekhyun will worry about such a thing! Doesn't he understand how upset he truly feels?! Doesn't he understand how much Chanyeol and the others means to him?! Don't they all understand how much he loves this planet and how much he would like to stay?! Of course he misses his family back on Tellus, but his life back on Tellus is just... It's just so damn hard.

Baekhyun feels how the tears starts to stream down his cheeks as he hurries to wipe some of them away with the back of his hand. He doesn't know what to do anymore and at this point, it's too hard to turn around. Chanyeol and the others are preparing the spaceship that will take Baekhyun back to Tellus. Chanyeol will personally take Baekhyun back home and he will be the last one to ever see Baekhyun. But to be honest, Baekhyun isn't even sure if he will be able to say goodbye to Chanyeol when it's time to do so.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Chanyeol sighs as he puts the list to the side. He can't concentrate on his work at all, not since he knows how upset Baekhyun feels. It's obvious that Baekhyun has a hard time to make up his mind and in the end, Suho and the others had to make the decision for him. They all planned to send Baekhyun back home before Chanyeol even got to tell him about it and now, everything is almost ready.

 

Knock knock.”

 

Chanyeol looks up towards the door as he sees Kris stand leaning in the door opening. He smiles a weak smile before he walks in and sits down on the seat in front of Chanyeol, where Baekhyun had been sitting earlier before he went out. Chanyeol wonders if Baekhyun will come back soon or if he should try to find the boy before he gets lost. Maybe he needs some comforting?

 

Chanyeol... Everything will be ready in two days.”
“Two days... Counting from today?”
“Not tomorrow or the day after that, but on the third day you can leave in the morning.”
“I see... Then I know...”
“How is the list going?”
“It's... finished I think...”
“You think? You never think something is finished, you know if it is finished or not.”
“I... I can't concentrate at the moment...”
“Is it because of Baekhyun?”
“Dude... He's not taking this very well.”
“But he wouldn't be much happier if he stayed here and then regret not being able to go back home.”

 

Chanyeol nods as he grabs the lists he was working on earlier. They're finished but he doesn't know if he has missed something. Kris glances at the papers before Chanyeol holds them out to him.

 

Please check them just in case I missed something.”
“This isn't something I usually do-”
“Just check them please, it will make me feel better.”

 

Kris sighs as he grabs the lists. He starts going through them and mumbles everything silently to himself before he puts it away. Chanyeol waits for Kris to tell him if he misses something or if he needs to remove something, but he doesn't say anything at all. Chanyeol tries to not sigh as he clears is throat.

 

So? Was it okay?”
“I think so, but like I tried to say before, I don't usually check lists like those.”
“That's true... I will just give it to Suho and he will have to scold me if I miss something or if I added something unnecessary to it.”
“Hey... Where is Baekhyun right now?”
“He went out on a walk... To be honest I'm a little worried about him.”
“Then let me give the list to Suho, I was going to head over to his office after this anyway. Go and find Baekhyun and spend your time well with him instead. He can also need some cheering from you.”

 

Chanyeol nods as he lets Kris take the lists with him. Chanyeol then gets up and walks towards the front door. He has no idea how he's supposed to find Baekhyun, but he will just have to search the area around the building and hope that he can find Baekhyun. If he doesn't find him on his own, he will just have to ask the others to help him out.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun has finally managed to calm down a little, for now that is. He sits on a bench near a park and just watches the birds fly above his head. He looks over at the trees and bushes and he sneaks glances over at exotics that walks by him or on the other side of the street. This place is truly peaceful after all the battles that occurred right here only a couple of days ago.

Baekhyun chuckles lightly, but he doesn't really feel like laughing. He knows that he's depressed and that Chanyeol knows about it, but he can't stop trying to hide it. He can't stop pretending that he's feeling fine and that he's not too upset about leaving this place. But he's quite sure that Chanyeol knows very well about Baekhyun's feelings about leaving this planet.

Baekhyun feels how he gets up of the bench as he starts walking back towards the building where Chanyeol and the others are currently staying at. On his way back, around halfway, he meets someone who he actually expected to meet. Chanyeol comes walking towards him with his hands in his pocket. He smiles a weak smile and tries to look casual, but Baekhyun can still sense the tension get stronger around them.

 

So... I think I have begun to develop a skill to find you Baek.”
“Yeah... It really looks like that.”
“Are you... alright?”
“I'm fine...”

 

Baekhyun looks away from Chanyeol as he stares at a tree while walking towards the building complex where Chanyeol came from. Chanyeol joins him quickly to walk towards the building as they walk in silence. Chanyeol stares up at the sky, towards a small cloud that has appeared. Baekhyun tries to not glance up at Chanyeol, but he can't help himself to sneak a glance or two at him.

Chanyeol is really handsome. He's handsome face, the way he casually walks and the way he stares dreaming up at the sky makes him look a little fictional. It's like Chanyeol is just a fictional person and that soon he will disappear from Baekhyun and leave him alone. What if... all this really is just... one big fantasy or dream?

 

Baekhyun... I know how you feel about all this... I know that you don't want to leave, but you still want to go home. I... I can understand how you feel. When I was at Tellus I became attached to the planet and it's people. I didn't really want to go home from time to time, but I still felt homesick. Though, you must have it a lot tougher than me. You have a family at Tellus, but you have me and the others here at EXO planet.”
“I feel totally indecisive...”
“You finally admit that? Well, no offense, but you have been a little...”
“Depressed?”
“Well... Yeah, you haven't been yourself for a couple of days now. I'm starting to wonder if... If you will ever be yourself again after this.”
“I don't know... To be honest, it feels so... unreal.”
“What feels unreal?”
“Everything... This walk and this conversation... The fact that I'm walking on another planet... The fact that I'm so far away from home... The fact that I met you and the others and became so close to you... The fact that I have been in a huge war... It's all so... unreal.”

 

Chanyeol nods silently as Baekhyun stops. Chanyeol hurries to stop beside him as he finally glances down at Baekhyun who struggles to not lose his control over his feelings.

 

Am I... going to forget about all this? W-Will you... erase my memories after all this?”
“Of course not-”
“But how do I know that you're not lying?”
“Because I'm the one who will take you back home.”
“Then... W-Will you... forget about... me?”

 

Baekhyun feels the fear grab him as Chanyeol stares at him in silence. Baekhyun feels the tears stream down his face as he hurries to look away again to hide his tears. He doesn't want Chanyeol to see him cry like this, not when Chanyeol hasn't answered him honestly about what Baekhyun asked.

 

Baekhyun...”
“Please... Tell me honestly... W-Will you... forget about me?”
“Are you crazy? After everything that happened, it will be hard to forget you.”

 

Baekhyun tries to not sob as Chanyeol finally gets his hands out of his pockets and embraces Baekhyun. He pulls Baekhyun into warm hug and lets Baekhyun inhale the sweet scent of Chanyeol and feel his warmth. Baekhyun can't help but to cry a little more as he hugs Chanyeol even tighter. He admits that he's scared that Chanyeol will forget about him, even if Chanyeol says he won't. Baekhyun won't forget about Chanyeol and he doesn't want Chanyeol to forget about him either.

 

You know... I will make sure to never forget about you... I promise...”

 

Baekhyun nods in the hug as he closes his eyes. He doesn't care if people who walks by thinks they're weird and stares at them, he just wants to be with Chanyeol. He just wants to spend his time with Chanyeol and stand by his side forever. But he can't, even if he wants to do that.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

Where is Baekhyun?”
“Sleeping.”
“Did you tell him that you're leaving soon?”
“No... I want to wait until tomorrow.”
“Do you realize that-”
“He was all shaken up Suho, I couldn't tell him. I barely managed to calm him down. If I had told him that we're leaving in two days, then he wouldn't have stayed calm.”
“Very well, I can't really get mad at you since you're considering Baekhyun's feelings.”
“Hey... Do you think... that I will be able to go back to Tellus... after all this?”
“I don't know to be honest. We have no other business at Tellus for a long time and by the time we have something to do there, Baekhyun will probably... You know... Moved on to another... place.”

 

Chanyeol nods silently as he stares down at his hands. He can feel his heart ache and his feelings get mixed. He wants to cry but also scream at Suho. He wants to run out of the room but he also wants to beg Suho to let Baekhyun stay. But he does nothing or says nothing. He just stares at his hands and thinks about what he can do and what he can say, but he never does anything.

 

You know that this is the best for him, even though it hurts. Baekhyun is such a delightful young man and he has really brought us a lot of joy and happiness, even though in the beginning it was really weird. He also helped us to save you and the others who got hurt in the last battle. He even got kidnapped and nearly killed twice, yet he stayed calm and strong. He's a remarkable boy.”
“I already know that... Yet I... I keep thinking about... what we could have had if... If all this didn't happen at all.”
“What do you mean?”
“What if... he can't live his normal life after all this? Just look at him right now, he's totally shaken and messed up. I keep wondering and thinking about how he would have had it if he wouldn't remember this.”
“What are you trying to suggest? That we will make him forget about everything?”
“N-No... Or... I-I was just thinking about it and... Wouldn't it make life easier for him if he... forget about me?”

 

Suho stares silently at Chanyeol who pulls his hair lightly. What is he saying? He can't do such thing to Baekhyun, not after everything they have gone through. But on the other hand, wouldn't it be better for him to forget? He won't remember that they ever existed and he won't miss him or the others. He won't be depressed and he can go back to his normal life as fast he returns home without being bothered about his old memories.

 

Chanyeol, life isn't easy. Even if it would make it easier for him, I think that would only be cruel towards him.”
“Yeah... I know that, but... I only want him to be happy again...”
“He will be happy, but it will take a while. Just like it will be for you.”
“Mm... I guess...”
“Maybe you should go back to him now? Even if he's sleeping, I think you still want to be by his side before you have to split up.”

 

Chanyeol nods slowly before he gets up of his chair. Suho stands up as well to leave the small office room. They both walk out of the room and then head different directions. Chanyeol heads towards the right side of the building and Suho towards the left side. It takes Chanyeol a minute or two before he reaches his bedroom he shares with Baekhyun. Inside is Baekhyun sleeping.

Chanyeol takes a deep breath before he steps into the room. Baekhyun sits on the bed and stares towards him with calm eyes. He's awake again? Did Chanyeol wake him? Chanyeol hurries to close the door before he sneaks over to Baekhyun.

 

Where were you?”
“I was talking with Suho, about the plans.”
“I-Is it decided when... we will leave?”
“Mm... It is.”
“W-When?”
“Do you promise to... not freak out if I tell you?”
“I-It's not tomorrow, is it?”
“No, not tomorrow. But... in two days, we will be leaving.”

 

Baekhyun stares at Chanyeol in silence before he nods slowly. He takes it surprisingly well, which is surprising. Chanyeol slowly embraces the smaller man and holds Baekhyun carefully in his arms. He enjoys the feeling to have someone this close to him. It hurts to think that soon they won't be able to see each other like this for a very long time. They might not even see each other ever again.

 

Chanyeol... I... I want to make a request...”
“What can I help you with?”
“Can't you... stay with me on Tellus for a couple of days before you return home?”

 

Chanyeol sits silently on the bed and thinks about it. Won't it only be harder to leave Baekhyun if he stays with him at Tellus for a couple of days? Maybe it will only cause them more pain? But on the other hand, just leaving Baekhyun on Tellus wouldn't be a very good ending either.

 

Sure... I can stay with you on Tellus for a couple of days.”
“Then... when you go home... C-Can you...?”
“Can I do what?”
“N-Nothing... It was... nothing.”
“Hey... Let's go out tomorrow and enjoy our last day together.”
“Mm... Let's do that...”
“Baekhyun...”
“Yeah...?”
“I love you.”

 

Chanyeol can feel Baekhyun grabs his shirt tightly as he buries his face against Chanyeol's chest. After a couple seconds, Baekhyun starts sobbing as he mumbles into Chanyeol's chest.

 

I love you too...”

 

Chanyeol feels the pain stab him, but he struggles to not cry. He hugs Baekhyun tightly before he leans down and kisses Baekhyun on his head. He can feel Baekhyun hugging him tighter as he leans his head against Baekhyun's. He will truly miss Baekhyun and he knows that life will be a lot harder without him around.

 

Don't worry... Everything is going to be fine... Eventually...”

 

Baekhyun sobs, but he doesn't say anything. They just sit like that on the bed as Chanyeol closes his eyes. It hurts so much to hear the one he loves to cry like this. It hurts to know that he can't do anything to stop him from crying. All he can do is to be there for him and hope that he's enough for Baekhyun. It's their last days now, both of them knows that, but they're not ready to leave yet. Chanyeol feels a tear stream down his cheek as he gives up on holding back the tears. He lets it all out as he hugs Baekhyun tightly. This truly so damn much...

 

 


Ayo guys! Long time no seen! ^.^

So I have been crazily busy with school lately and I haven't been able to update since I literally studied everyday until last week. Now I'm taking summer vacation, which is good since I can write and update more (or hopefully I will be able to do so :D) ^.^

It's not many chapters left, so please stay tuned until the very end! (and yes, it's okay to cry because I feel like crying myself after writing this) ^.^

Anyway, thank you once again for reading and supporting this fiction! I love you guys so much and I'm really grateful to you all! Subs, upvotes and comments are more than appreciated! ^.^

P.s Is it just me who is freaking out because EXO's comeback is just too good and I can't handle all the hot and y looks?! I just love them soooooo much! XD

Peace and love to you all! <3