Relieved

I'm An Alien?!

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun feels so tired, he can't stay awake for much longer. His eyelids feels so heavy and his heart is a little lighter too. Baekhyun can't help it, he's too tired to stay awake like this... Baekhyun wants to sleep, but how can he sleep when he's needed the most?

Baekhyun struggled with holding his eyes open as he sits beside Chanyeol's bed. Chanyeol's wounds are getting treated or rather has been treated by Lay for a couple of hours ago. Baekhyun didn't expect Chanyeol to wake up the moment the treatment was over, but he expected him to wake up around now.

 

Huh? Baekhyun? Are you still awake?”

 

Lay came into the room like he has done a couple of times since he finished treating the other hurt patients. Baekhyun smiled at Lay as he struggled with holding his eyes open.

 

Oh my, you look exhausted.”
“I'm not...”
“Baekhyun, you should sleep.”
“No, I won't sleep yet.”
“I told you that Chanyeol won't wake up right after the treatment. His body is still getting healed and it will take time for him to get better.”
“But someone has to watch over him while he's healing.”
“He's safe here, so you can also rest a little.”
“But if he wakes up while I'm sleeping-”
“Baekhyun, rest or else Chanyeol will get worried about you if he wakes up to find you like this. So please, sleep.”

 

Baekhyun hesitated before he nodded a little. But he's not planning to sleep quite yet. He will stay awake just for a little longer just to be sure that Chanyeol won't wake up yet. Lay checked Chanyeol's bandages a little quickly before he eyed Baekhyun with an serious look as Baekhyun just smiled back at him.

After Lay had checked upon Chanyeol and his bandages, he left the room to take a break. Baekhyun on the other hand doesn't want t rest, not yet. He has managed to stay awake for so long and he's pretty sure that he can stay awake for just a little longer.

Baekhyun let his hands gently grab one of Chanyeol's hands as he the soft skin. Chanyeol is usually so warm and for the past hours or since he got injured, he has been so cold. Now he's getting warmer again and Lay says that is a good sign since Chanyeol's ability is fire. Chanyeol is supposed to be naturally warm, warmer than others who aren't fire users.

Baekhyun let his fingers play with Chanyeol's fingers gently before he couldn't help to yawn tired. Chanyeol is finally getting better and Baekhyun can rest without worrying to death about Chanyeol dying. Chanyeol is healing and Lay could even assure Baekhyun that Chanyeol wouldn't die.

Baekhyun feels so relieved it makes his heart feel so light and his head feels clear somehow. It feels good to not worry to death anymore, but Baekhyun is still a little worried. He's mostly worried about the war that is going on at the moment. When will it end? Will more people like Chanyeol and the others get hurt? How many more people must get hurt because of a couple of greedy powerful people?

Baekhyun tried to shake the thoughts away as he yawned once again. It's really hard to stay awake now. Baekhyun felt how his body moved on its own now. Baekhyun let his head rest beside Chanyeol's hand on the bed as he closed his heavy eyelids. He can't stay awake for much longer, he's too tired.

Baekhyun doesn't mind falling asleep like this though, because he's still by Chanyeol's side and he has stayed awake for as long as possible. But now, when Chanyeol is pretty much safe again, he can relax a little and just wait for him to come back to his senses.

 

***

 

Baekhyun groaned tired as he felt a soft touch against his forehead. Baekhyun wants to open his eyes, but his eyelids feels so heavy. He knows that he has slept for a couple of hours, but he thinks that he would like to sleep for just a little longer.

But wait a second, what is this soft touch? Baekhyun feels so tired and he wants to keep sleeping, but his curiosity is too strong. Baekhyun forced his eyes open as he met a pair of warm brown eyes that stares right back at him. It didn't even take a second before Baekhyun sat straight up as he fought the tears.

 

C-Chanyeol...”

 

Baekhyun felt speechless for a couple of seconds. What should he say? What should he do?Should he just say something or what is he supposed to do? Baekhyun felt his heart beat fast as Chanyeol smiled weakly at him. His warm brown eyes is staring right at Baekhyun and the moment Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun, Baekhyun burst out in tears.

Baekhyun couldn't stop the tears from streaming down his face. He can't help it, he feels so relieved to see Chanyeol smile at him. Baekhyun wants to hug Chanyeol so badly right now, but he's scared to hurt his wounds if he do.

 

Baekhyun, don't cry...”

 

Baekhyun can't help it, he just cries as he grabs Chanyeol's hand and hugs it with his own hands. He has been so worried the past few days, he couldn't even think straight for a moment. He's so happy to see that Chanyeol is okay.

 

Baekhyun, you're making me worried.”
“B-But I-I can't s-stop...”

 

Baekhyun kept crying as Chanyeol stared at him with concerned eyes. For a second, it felt like Chanyeol would just stare at him and say nothing else. But then he suddenly lift his hand and put it against one of Baekhyun's cheeks. Baekhyun kept holding Chanyeol's hands while Chanyeol tried to comfort him.

 

Baekhyun... I'm fine, can't you see? You don't need to cry anymore.”
“B-But I was so worried...”
“Calm down now, everything is going to be fine.”

 

Chanyeol's words feels warm and soft and his voice is gentle. Baekhyun can't help to cry, but he's smiling while doing it.

 

I love you Chanyeol, I love you so much.”

 

Chanyeol stared shocked at Baekhyun who squeezed Chanyeol's hand tightly. Chanyeol could only sit speechless on his bed while Baekhyun hugs his hand. After a couple of seconds, a heart warming smile spreads across his lips as he gently Baekhyun's cheek. Nothing could be any better now.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

The last thing Chanyeol remembers is the sharp pain shooting straight through his body. He remembers that he stood in the middle of the battlefield, protecting some of his friends and fellow Exotics. But then he got hit and he somehow knew that he wasn't going to be fine after the hit.

He collapsed onto the floor while the battle around him kept going. People are fighting, screaming and crying. Some are falling, some are winning. They're all doing the same thing, fighting to survive. But how they survive is another thing.

Everything becomes darker and the pain is getting stronger. People around him either collapse onto the ground or disappears out of his sight while fighting. The battle won't end quite yet, but Chanyeol's battle is probably over. The moment the pain gets stronger and everything around him gets blurry, Chanyeol knew that he's seriously injured.

The only thoughts that's left inside of his head is the promise he made to one special person. He's worried and he's somewhat scared. He promised to survive and to be careful. He promised to see him again. He promised to see Baekhyun again.

 

***

 

Chanyeol open his eyes. The white roof doesn't surprise him at all, but the silence does surprise him. He expected more chatters or worried voices, but it's totally silent. Chanyeol blinks a couple of times to make sure that his sight is back to normal. It feels like he has been sleeping for quite a long time, but he's not sure if he has.

Chanyeol slowly tries to sit up straight, but the pain shots through his body as he stops. Okay, so his wounds are still there huh? Chanyeol groans tired as he suddenly notice how something warm is holding his hand. He felt confused since mostly of the time he's warmer than others. But this time, someone is warmer than him.

Chanyeol looks down on his hand to find the most adorable sight he has ever seen. There on the bed is the sleeping beauty resting. Chanyeol can't help but to smile while he's watching the beautiful yet very charming face. All his worries and concerned got washed away the moment he saw the face.

Baekhyun is sleeping peacefully on the bed. He's sitting in a quite uncomfortable position, but he's still sleeping like he's lying on a soft cloud. Chanyeol chuckled at his own thought as he couldn't help but to move his hand. He feels a little weak and tired, but he still wants to touch Baekhyun so badly.

Chanyeol's fingers manages to reach out to Baekhyun's head. He's slowly touching the silk like hair with his fingertips. Chanyeol is smiling like a fool, nothing can make him feel happier. Baekhyun is still sleeping peacefully, but Chanyeol is fully awake.

 

Mm... Chanyeol... I'm not leaving... I will stay... with you...”

 

Baekhyun mumbles weird stuff in his sleep, but it only makes Chanyeol feel happier. How can someone as simple as Baekhyun be so adorable yet loving? Baekhyun can make Chanyeol feel so happy and calm with only a smile. Chanyeol smiles like a fool as he leans back against the soft pillow. He keeps playing with Baekhyun's hair gently as he waits for the boy to wake up again.

 

***

 

I love you Chanyeol, I love you so much.”

 

Chanyeol feels speechless. The words that he wanted to tell Baekhyun for so long is finally said, but from Baekhyun. Chanyeol feels happy and somehow really calm. Baekhyun is crying, but he's smiling too. He said he couldn't stop cry, even though he's trying to stop.

Chanyeol doesn't know what to say. He wants to respond to Baekhyun, but he has become speechless. Chanyeol can only smile like a fool as he Baekhyun's cheek gently. Baekhyun must have been really worried about him. Chanyeol isn't sure about what happened to him, but he's pretty sure it was really serious since Baekhyun's is crying like this.

 

Baekhyun, please don't cry anymore.”

 

Chanyeol is trying to comfort Baekhyun as much as possible, after all it was him himself who made Baekhyun cry. Baekhyun sobbed a little as he pushed Chanyeol's hand against his cheek again. He's looking so relieved and happy, it almost hurts to see Baekhyun like this. Did Chanyeol put Baekhyun through a lot of hardship while he was gone?

 

You idiot... You can never ever do anything like this again... I got really scared...”

 

Baekhyun is crying even more, but Chanyeol knows that it's only tears of relief. Chanyeol wants to hug Baekhyun so badly, but he can barely move because of his weak body. He can't help to curse the state he is in.

 

I-I will go and fetch Lay, I-I think he needs to take a look at you and-”
“Wait... I want... I want something first.”

 

Baekhyun, who had stood up to leave, stared confused at Chanyeol who smiled. Chanyeol made a gesture with his hand for Baekhyun to come closer. Baekhyun does as he says as Chanyeol gently grabs the boys hand. Chanyeol then lift the hand to his lips and gently kisses it. Baekhyun starts to blush like a fool right away.

 

I'm sorry for worrying you Baekhyun. Thank you for staying by my side.”

 

Baekhyun blushed even more by now, he probably doesn't even know how to reply Chanyeol at the moment. It didn't take long before Baekhyun got up on his feet as he cleared his throat gently, yet a little awkwardly.

 

I-I will go and fetch Lay then.”

 

Baekhyun then strangely enough bowed to Chanyeol and left. Chanyeol just laughed after Baekhyun who hurried to fetch Lay like he said he would. As fast Baekhyun was gone, Chanyeol stopped laughing as he just smiled for himself. Baekhyun truly is the cutest, but he wants a kiss from him. But that will have to wait until later.

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

Baekhyun is feeling so weak. Or rather his legs are acting strangely weak. Baekhyun tries to walk steadily towards where Lay should be, at his office, but his legs feels like spaghetti. Baekhyun is still blushing like a fool and people around him, especially the nurses, ask him if he's feeling alright. Baekhyun only blushes even more when they ask him if he needs treatment, so he hurries to find Lay before he will get even more embarrassed than what he already is.

 

Lay, you have to come quickly!”

 

Baekhyun stormed into Lay's office when he found it as he spotted the tall young man sit and talk with three other persons. Suho, Kai, Sehun and Lay stares a little worried at Baekhyun who smiles big at them.

 

Chanyeol woke up! He's fully conscious again!”

 

They all stood up quickly and without saying a word, they ran past Baekhyun to go and see if Baekhyun was right or not. Lay took the lead as the doctor of the group. Baekhyun hurried to follow them as they passed a couple of nurses and patients before they arrived to Chanyeol's room.

 

Ah, hello everyone.”
“Chanyeol!”
“You're really awake!”
“How are you feeling?”

 

Chanyeol smiled on the bed as Lay hurried to walk over to check his wounds and blood pressure. While Lay checked Chanyeol, Sehun and Kai asked like a thousand questions to Chanyeol at the same time. Of course it's impossible to even hear all the questions, but they kept asking anyway.

 

Yah, take it easy you two. He just woke up and this is how you treat him?”

 

Suho scolded the two maknaes as they suddenly got the idea to go and fetch the rest of the friends to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Sehun and Kai left pretty much right away after Suho had scolded them, but Suho himself was busy with trying to talk calmly to Chanyeol.

 

How are you feeling Chanyeol? Are you alright?”
“I'm fine Suho, I'm just a little sore.”
“Thank god that you're alright.”
“Are you alright as well hyung?”
“Ah yes, I'm perfectly fine like the others.”
“I'm glad to hear that. But... how...? How did the...?”
“How did the battle end?”

 

Chanyeol nodded seriously from his bed as Lay unwrapped the bandages around Chanyeol's chest. Suho and Lay helped Chanyeol to sit up straight while they were talking about serious matters. All Baekhyun could do was to sit awkwardly on a chair and listen to what they're saying.

 

We won against the Endorians who retreated, but we got the laser user and managed to fool him to tell us what the cure was against his wounds he created on you guys.”
“I see, that's good. But... What will happen now?”
“It looks like the Endorians are slowly giving up on fighting against us. I think they're, just like us, really tired of this endless war that seems to have no end.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as Baekhyun carefully peeked at Chanyeol's wounds. They're looking better now after have gotten treated. Chanyeol's skin is still cut and burned, but Lay told Baekhyun that not even a single scar will be left when everything is healed. That's pretty amazing if you ask Baekhyun.

Before they could talk for much longer about the war, the rest of the EXO gang gathered in the room as they all smiled and asked Chanyeol how he felt. Chanyeol just smiled back and tried to act like he didn't feel any pain at all, but Baekhyun knows very well that he's still hurt.

 

***

 

After an hour or two, everyone had finally left the room to let Chanyeol rest for the rest of the day and night. It's around 7 pm and Baekhyun, who has apparently only slept for two hours before he woke up again, feels really tired. Chanyeol is almost asleep already and Baekhyun feels like sleeping too. But he wants to stay by Chanyeol's side so badly.

 

Baekhyun... You should go and sleep.”
“I won't leave you.”
“I'm fine now, didn't you hear what Lay said?”
“I did hear that, but I won't leave no matter what.”
“Then can't you at least sleep beside me?”
“No, because then I might hurt your wounds.”
“Oh come on, the bed is big enough for both of us!”

 

Baekhyun sighed as he shook his head, he refuses to sleep beside Chanyeol when he's hurt like this. What if he accidentally makes the wounds worse? Chanyeol sighed frustrated from his bed as he moved to the side and patted the empty spot beside him.

 

Come on now.”
“No, I will go and fetch Lay if you keep being stupid like this.”
“Yah, don't be such a chicken-”
“I don't want to hurt you... So let me be.”

 

Baekhyun feels tired, but he can't sleep beside Chanyeol. Chanyeol sighed as he begun to look pleadingly at Baekhyun. Woah, what's up with the puppy face?

 

Please, can you sleep beside me? I promise nothing will happen. I don't move in my sleep and you will probably don't move either.”
“But-”
“Please Baekhyun, it will help me feel better and I might get better faster too.”

 

Baekhyun hesitated a little before he gave in to Chanyeol. Baekhyun slowly an very carefully sat down beside Chanyeol on the bed before he got to lay down beside the giant. Chanyeol didn't move at first as he smiled at Baekhyun who smiled back. This feels actually quite good.

 

See, there is plenty of space for us. Now come here.”
“Y-Yah, don't you dare to hug me!”
“Don't worry, I will be careful.”
“No Chanyeol, no hugs.”
“But... I really... want too...”

 

Baekhyun sighed as Chanyeol looked pleadingly at him. What's up with him and his puppy face? When did he get so good at it? Baekhyun sighed even more as he tried to not fall for it, but Chanyeol is literally making Baekhyun's heart weak.

 

Okay then, but we do it my way!”
“What's your way?”
“Okay, lay your head right here. Slowly and carefully.”
“Wait, what?”
“Do as I say, you will like it.”

 

Chanyeol looked confused but curious at the same time. He didn't argue against Baekhyun anymore as he slowly and carefully did as Baekhyun said. Chanyeol lied down on the bed with his head resting against Baekhyun's stomach. It feels a little weird, but like this Baekhyun can't accidentally touch or lay against Chanyeol's wounds.

 

Now relax and try to sleep. I will stay right here all this time, so don't worry.”

 

Baekhyun spoke with a calm voice as he lift his hand to Chanyeol's head and gently massaged it with his fingertips. Then he begun to play with Chanyeol's soft hair which made Chanyeol smile up at him. Baekhyun smiled back at Chanyeol who seemed to enjoy the soft touch.

 

Now sleep so you can heal faster. Like I said before, I will stay right here by your side till you get better. No matter what.”
“Thank you Baekhyun... Promise to sleep too...”
“I will, now sleep.”

 

Chanyeol smiled a tired yet very charming smile. Then he slowly begun to doze off until he was fully asleep. Baekhyun smiled and kept play with Chanyeol's hair until he himself fell asleep. Everything is finally at peace among them again.

 


Ayo guys! I'm back! ^.^

I will try to make this message short. So I have had SOOO much to do and I'm so sorry that I didn't update for like ages! I hope you guys will forgive me! ^.^

But anyway, I want to thank you all for your wonderful support that you're showing me! I love you all and I'm so thankful that you guys read my fics (even though if they sometimes) ^.^

Subs, comments and upvotes are all up to you, but it's not a must! But it's very well appreciated! ^.^

Well, that was all I had to say for this time! I hope I see or hear from you guys soon again! Love you all! ^.^

Peace and love to you all! <3