Chapter 7

Black & White

Donghae’s POV

“Donghae-ssi?” Eunhyuk stared at me in confusion.  He wasn’t expecting me to appear on his doorstep on a Sunday, and believe me, neither did I.

It was just then that I noticed how he was still clad in his pajamas and his hair was sticking out in odd angles.

Arriving at his house at 7 in the morning probably wasn’t a good idea.

Once I entered the house, Eunhyuk lay on the couch and gestured for me to take a seat on one of the arm chairs.

I felt guilty for giving into my impulsive nature.  Once again, I managed to barge in his home just to clear the thought that had been haunting me since yesterday.

“Uhm, Eunhyuk-ssi.”

“Yeah?” his voice sounded rough…and y.

Shut up.  This is no time for…’awkward’ thoughts!

“Can I ask you something?” I asked, unsure of how to open up the topic.  He stared at me for a while, raising his head slightly from the couch, before gesturing a nod.  I took it as a sign that I could go on.

“Uhm…it’s about you and Sungmin…” I chewed on my lip nervously.

“Sungmin and I?  What about us?” confusion was clear in his voice.  He had even propped his head on one hand to be able to face me fully.  I can’t help but notice how lean he was, especially with the pose he had on the couch.

Aish!  Stop it!  Just STOP IT!

I mentally kicked myself at how ’random’ my thoughts were getting lately.  Just then I remembered I’ve been buying so much time.  I decided to take a quick glance at him again, only to see him with his eyes closed.

See!  He’s already fallen asleep thanks to your interruptions!

“Uhm…Eunhyuk?” he slowly opened his eyes again.  How he manages to look good even with his sleepy state is really a gift.

“About you and Sungmin…” I gulped, “Are you guys…dating?”

I winced, scared that he would suddenly turn mental…or worse, he would kick me out and ignore me forever.  It just occurred to me that I was poking my head into his private matters…and if they weren’t really dating, I sounded as if I was accusing them of being gay.

This is it.  I just destroyed the wonderful relationship we had.

I closed my eyes, expecting him to start going berserk.

“Sungmin?” he suddenly asked, as if to clarify if he had heard me correctly

After a few seconds, the room was filled with his laughter.

I finally opened my eyes, and saw him literally rolling over the couch in laughter.

I felt like an idiot. When he finally calmed down, he sat up straight in the couch and stared back at me seriously.

“Well, what do you think?” he flashed a grin.  I quickly took a mental picture of the grin before focusing back on the conversation.

 

“I think you’re close friends.”

 

I stared back at him with the same intensity.

“If that’s what you think, then that’s what we are.” He smiled and laid back again into the couch to sleep.

That’s it?!

That’s all he had to say?!!

He wasn’t being clear and I hated it.  I didn’t just travel all the way to his house at 7 in the morning on a Sunday, without breakfast, just to watch him sleep.

Although it’s tempting.

Not you again.

 

I knew I was getting impatient for nothing, but the lack of sleep last night due to thinking about the matter too much wasn’t helping me to think straight…and that was probably a pun, but I don’t even care.  Before I knew it, I had stridden my way to his place on the couch and shook him violently.

“Answer meeeeeeeeee!”

I sounded pathetic but I couldn’t possibly stop now.  He pushed my hands away lightly, propping himself up again on the couch and smiled at me in amusement.

“You sound like a whining kid.” He chuckled while I pouted.  I was clearly not amused.

He sighed, finally deciding to talk to me seriously.

“Sungminnie is really fond of skinship.  He likes sticking to people and asking them to do…aegyos for him.” He frowned at the last sentence.

I agree, though.  Sungmin really DID come up with strange requests.  He’s even asked me to take a picture with a fish stuffed toy and made it into his wallpaper for a week.  And did I mention that his ringing tone before was an aegyo voice of Shindong?  That was before he changed it to Junsu’s ‘eunkyangkyang’ laugh.

Anyway, I’m getting carried away.  True, it could’ve explained the touchy habits of the bunny guy… but it never answered my question.

Eunhyuk probably read it from the expression on my face.

“We’re not dating.” He chuckled

I stared blankly at him, trying to absorb what he had said.

He said they weren’t dating…

“Hae?”

He’s not dating Sungmin.

“Donghae??”

That means they’re just friends!

“Ya!  Lee Donghae!”

I quickly snapped out of my thoughts only to realize that he was only a few inches away from my face.

My eyes quickly darted towards his lips, but then rationality kicked in.

“Ahhhh!” thanks to my reflexes, he ended up getting pushed away to the other side of the room.

An alarm bell was ringing in my head and I knew I had to hide before he could notice the blush forming on my cheeks.

What is wrong with me?

He managed to recover from my unpleasant pushing but I still refuse to face him.  Well, at least not while I was still calming down my rapid heart rate.  I’m too young to get a heart attack.

“Hae?”

“Yeah?” I still have my back turned against him but I knew he was smiling.  And that wasn’t what I needed at the moment.

Without a warning, he had grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the kitchen.

“Let’s go get some breakfast.  I’m starving.”


Chapter 7...=_=

updating early again because I'm bored and I've had a crappy night.

If you guys have anything to say about the story, feel free to do so.  Message me, comment here, or whatsoever.  I feel bland lately so I would really appreciate it if you guys tell me what you feel.  And regarding the 'beta' thing, I honestly have no idea what it is or how to do it so I apologize.-_-

Thank you for the comments, the subscribes, and the love!  As always, alkalinecarrot here, crying tears of joy! T^T