Chapter 8

Black & White

Preparations for the school festival had finally commenced.  Siwon was as busy as ever, and the class representatives were also rushing around the school, helping out in organizing things.

Donghae was no exeption.  He had been running around the entire day, even missing his one hour break completely, just to check up on how the booths were being set-up.

“Donghae-ssi, are we allowed to place the fireworks on stage?” Kibum, president of the drama club, smiled hopefully at him. “Yeah, I already talked to the heads about it.” Donghae smiled back while the younger turned towards his team, “You heard him!  Place those aerial spinners at the sides and don’t forget the boxes labeled with ‘The Punisher’ in the store room.”

“Wait?  What?” Donghae quickly asked, scared of what ‘The Punisher’ was exactly.  But before he could even talk to the guy seriously, another group of students had called for him.

I’ll just tell Siwon to pray hard during the presentation.

He shrugged before running towards the group of students flocked over a booth.

If you could call it a booth.

Donghae sighed, noticing the pieces of wood and needles sticking out dangerously all over the…thing.

“This is supposed to be a booth, right?” they all nodded.

“I see.”

This is going to be a loooooooong day.

 

..--..--..

Donghae walked lazily towards the cafeteria.  He was both tired and hungry so he decided to take a short break, only to be distracted by the sudden vibration coming from his phone.

He stared blankly at the message on his phone before a smile crept on his face.  Without hesitation, he made a u-turn from the cafeteria and darted towards the school’s greenhouse.

 

Donghae’s POV

“Fishy~” Sungmin waved excitedly once he saw me arrive.  He had texted me a while ago where they were all hanging out, and I figured since I wasn’t with Siwon and the greenhouse was conveniently located at the farthest wilderness of the school, it was safe to meet them.

Judging by the lack of blonde hair from the group, I knew Eunhyuk wasn’t there.  I haven’t seen him for the past few days.  I shrugged the disappointment off and decided to just check on who was there.

Shindong, Junsu, Micky…

 Yunho, Jaejoong, Changmin…

Kyuhyun, Sungm—

I did a double-take once I noticed the one and only gamekyu playing with his game beside Sungmin.

“Kyuhyun?!”

He looked up from his game, “Ah hyung.” and immediately went back to whatever he was playing.

“Wha…I…wha…?” Sungmin probably found my dumbfounded state humorous since he started chuckling.

“Kyuhyun is my neighbor.  We’d hang out sometimes.”

I merely nodded, still shocked at the revelation. Here I was, hiding my friendship with these guys for months, only to find out that my own friend has been hanging out with them far longer than I have.

“Then does he…”

“Know about Eunhyuk?  Yeah. He’s even blackmailed the guy into buying him a new game.” Sungmin laughed heartily while Kyuhyun only nodded with a smug look on his face.

“Anyway, Eunhyuk’s in the faculty room.  The teachers are being y with the dance club again. They’re cutting out their time to use the school’s dance studio for practices.” The bunny guy continued before munching on a cupcake.

“Isn’t that the job of Hankyung-hyung?” I asked in confusion.  Handling those affairs was the club president’s job, after all.

“Why would Hankyung-hyung do that?  Eunhyuk’s the President.” The bunny guy replied nonchalantly.

“What?” I practically screamed my lungs out.  Why didn’t I know that?

“Eunhyuk is the dance club president.  Shouldn’t you know that?” Kyuhyun said, not taking his eyes off from his game.

Well I don’t!  Thanks for rubbing it in. I glared at him before facing back at Sungmin.

“Hankyung-hyung refused the position saying his Korean wasn’t good enough to lead those pesky dancers.” Sungmin explained while Junsu, Shindong, and Yunho growled at him.

“I see.”  I tried to hide my dismay by nodding mindlessly.

Why didn’t Eunhyuk even mention that to me?  Not that he had to tell me everything that goes on with his life…but…he could at least have told me he was the president of the freakin’ dance club!

You never asked.

Agh!  Fine.

 

“He never told you, did he?” Sungmin teased.

I shook my head, forcing a fake smile on my face, acting as if it didn’t matter.  He only smiled at me before ruffling my hair.  “Aigoo~ our little fishy misses our Hyukkie~”

“What are you saying?!” I laughed it off, removing his hand from my head annoyingly.

There was no way I’d admit that to them.

 

..--..--..

“I can’t believe we have to work with the dance club.  I swear they’ll mess up…especially that president of theirs!” Siwon grumbled during one of the few breaks we had during the next day of preparations.

It turns out, the drama club, where Siwon was a part-time member, will be tied to work together with the dance club for a presentation during the final night of the festival.

“How can the school even entrust the dance club to someone like him?  He can’t even follow the school rules properly!  How many times should I remind him that his platinum blonde hair is NOT allowed at school?  And have you seen all the girls who come to me crying, saying they’ve been dumped harshly by him?  Am I the guidance counselor now?!  And if he’s really interested in this presentation, why hasn’t he shown himself yet?” he continued ranting while I looked pleadingly at Kyuhyun.

But of course, being the evil kid that he is, Kyuhyun avoided my gaze and went back on his game.

Gee, thanks.

“I told you, the faculty is giving the dance club a hard time so he’s probably out there fixing it.” I tried to defend Eunhyuk’s absence.  I can’t possibly explain his blonde hair without revealing Siwon about our relationship… or friendship, rather.  The issue about him dumping girls was no big deal to me.

“I bet that blondie thinks he’s too cool to be participating in school activities.  I’m sure he’d be ditching the performance along with s during the last minute.”

I immediately frowned at this.  How could Siwon act so immaturely?  It wasn’t anymore about Eunhyuk, he was already generalizing it to the whole dance club.

“Siwon, you’re disappointing me.” I sighed while he stared at me in surprise.  In a few seconds, his expression changed into an apologetic one.  He finally knew what upset me and with that he quickly hugged me and started apologizing for his inappropriate act.  I pulled out of the hug and stared at him with a serious expression, “Now, are you willing to do your best with the dance club?” he nodded like a kid and I smiled before hugging him again, “Good.”

“But this doesn’t mean I approve of that blondie.”

I sighed.  There was no changing this guy.


Chapter 8 =_=

I'm terribly saddened by the fact that today is September 1...and I'm sure you ELFs know the reason why.  *sigh*
But!  As Leeteuk-oppa would say, "it's not the END but AND"........so let's all wipe our tears and continue supporting our beloved oppas. kekeke~

SUJU hwaiting!

Moving on...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the NEW readers, OLD readers, SUBSCRIBERS, and SILENT READERS (yeah, you know who you are!)!!!

And most especially, THANK YOU to the COMMENTERS!  You guys are beyond awesome! TT^TT