Chapter 6

Black & White

“I can’t wait for tomorrow~” Henry said in a yawn while stretching.

“Why, what’s happening tomorrow?” Donghae asked, confused at what the younger was talking about.

Henry only gave the older a quizzical look, as if the answer was obvious. “It’s the weekend!  How can you not notice?” he shook his head before leaning back on the chair while Donghae made a silent ‘oh’.

The week had gone so fast, it was all a blur to Donghae.  Actually, the past few weeks had all flown by at him without notice.  Maybe because he was too busy getting to know Eunhyuk more.  He had already developed a habit of visiting the guy every day after school.

 

“Oppa~”

They all turned to face a blonde girl approaching them with a smile.

“Ah, Jessica-ssi.  Hello.” The girl frowned before taking a seat beside Donghae. “Why are you too formal?  You can just call me Jessica, oppa.” She said in a sweet voice that Donghae could only laugh awkwardly at.  She had been consistently asking Donghae to go out with her ever since he rejected her confession during middle school.  It wasn’t that she was a terrible person.  Donghae liked her…just not in the same way she liked Donghae.

“What brings you here?” Henry asked nonchalantly while peeking at Kyuhyun’s game.

“Well, I was thinking…tomorrow is a weekend… me and Donghae-oppa cou—“

“Donghae’s coming over to my place this weekend.” Siwon interjects without even taking his eyes off the book he was reading.  I was? Donghae thought.

“I see…” Jessica frowned and stood up to leave, “There’s always next week.” She beamed again before turning to leave.  She was THAT persistent.

“What are we doing this weekend?” Donghae asked curiously while Siwon just chuckled at how clueless his friend was.

 

They stayed in comfortable silence when suddenly a familiar group passed by.

It was Eunhyuk’s group, followed by the typical crowd of girls and boys screaming for his attention.

As usual, Eunhyuk continued to ignore them completely and instead, concentrated on the strawberry milk he was drinking.

“Don’t you think they’re dating?”

Donghae’s attention quickly snapped to Henry.  “What?!”

He’s never questioned the closeness between the two boys, so Henry’s question totally caught him off guard.

“Come on.  Look at them!  They’re always so…chummy?” the younger spoke as if the words tasted bitter in his mouth.

Donghae glanced back at the group. Sungmin now had his arms wrapped around Eunhyuk’s waist while the latter seemed to not care at all.

No matter which angle he looked at, he couldn’t deny that those two were close…but to think that they are dating?  Impossible.  He shook his head, refusing to believe where his thoughts were leading to.

 

..--..--..

Donghae found himself at Eunhyuk’s house once again.  Thanks to Henry, he suddenly felt curious.  He was actually there to observe Eunhyuk and Sungmin, but Sungmin hadn’t shown up.

 

“Aish, there’s nothing to watch…” Eunhyuk mumbled to himself while browsing through the channels on the TV.  Donghae figured it was a good time to sneak an observing glance at the guy.

It was the first time he could actually see the guy at a close distance, and he couldn’t deny that Eunhyuk was really good-looking.  No wonder a lot of girls (and guys) are attracted to him.

Other than his facial features, it was clear that the guy was well-built.

He’s a dancer after all.

His eyes then travelled back at Eunhyuk’s face.

Then to his single-lidded eyes…

Down to his sharp nose…

And finally landed on his lips.

His lips.

“Do you have plans tomorrow?”

His thoughts were interrupted by Eunhyuk’s question. He quickly grabbed the glass of water to soothe his parched throat.  What the hell am I thinking?!

He finally cleared his throat and answered, “I’m free. Why?” he tried to make it sound as casual as possible, but his voice still shook a little.

Eunhyuk was oblivious to it, though, “Do you want to watch a movie tomorrow?”

Donghae almost dropped the glass he was holding in shock.

A movie?  With him?  And me?  Just the two of us?

“Uhm…Okay.” He tried to hide the smile creeping on his face.  Maybe Henry was wrong after all.

“Great.  Let’s meet up here in my place at 7.” Eunhyuk beamed before turning back at the TV.

“Sure.” Donghae nodded.  How can he have thought that Eunhyuk was dating Sungmin?

Wait.  Why am I even so happy?  It’s not as if we’re going on a…date.

Get a hold of Yourself, Donghae.

He shrugged off the unnecessary…and awkward thoughts before looking back at the TV screen.

 

“Oh yeah, Sungmin already picked the movie out.  I hope you don’t mind.”

Sungmin?!

 

..--..--..

Donghae’s POV

“I didn’t think you’d come.” Sungmin smiled before enveloping me into a hug.

Just as I predicted, the ‘movie watching’ was a plan between Eunhyuk and Sungmin while I was just an additional person.  Instead of meeting them at Eunhyuk’s place, I decided to head straight to the mall where they finally spotted me.  No way am I going to be third wheel so soon.

I pulled out a smile before hugging back at the small guy.  It was the same smile I used to convince Siwon so I felt confident it was good enough to convince them, too.

“You don’t look happy.  You’re not being forced into this, are you?” Eunhyuk whispered beside me, making sure that the excited bunny guy wouldn’t hear us.

How he knew was unbeknownst to me but I just shrugged him off, this time with a real smile.

 

Inside the cinema, Eunhyuk sat in between Sungmin and I.  That’s good.

The movie was decent.  It had the typical action and suspense parts with a dash of sappy romance…not that I cared since most of the time I found myself quietly observing the two guys beside me instead of focusing on the movie.

I made a quick glance at their hands which are both casually laid on their shared arm rest.

They’re not holding hands.

After the confirmation, I decided to face the movie again.  It was the part where one character was dying…for what reason, I have no idea.

I heard quiet sobs escape from Sungmin but I decided to ignore it.  I was halfway through understanding what was happening in the scene when I caught a movement from my peripheral vision.

Sungmin was now cuddling closely to Eunhyuk while the latter comforted the sobbing guy.

Once again, I heard Henry’s voice ringing in my head… ‘Don’t you think they’re dating?’

And right now, I don’t think I even want to find out.

 

“I really liked that movie.  We should get a copy!” Sungmin chirped happily while walking home.

I stared suspiciously at the two, making sure to walk a step behind them.

Henry was right…there WAS something fishy going on, and it wasn’t me!  As much as I wanted to deny that these two were indeed in a relationship… I found their actions enough to make me think otherwise.

I feel insignificant. And I hate it.

Out of nowhere, Eunhyuk tugged my arm to make me walk in line with them.  I expected him to say something but he remained silent, listening to Sungmin drone on about the movie.

 

As soon as we got inside Eunhyuk’s house, Sungmin immediately slumped himself on the couch and the TV while Eunhyuk headed inside the kitchen.

“Does appa still watch the baseball game?” the bunny guy shouted towards Eunhyuk

Appa?  Is he talking about Eunhyuk’s dad?

“Yeah.  He says you should watch together sometime.” Eunhyuk said casually while placing a bowl of chips on the table.

I still hadn’t said a word ever since we left the mall.  It was all getting too suspicious now.  Just when I’m in the middle of convincing myself that they’re just good friends, here I am, hearing Sungmin call Eunhyuk’s dad ‘appa’.

I don’t even call Siwon’s dad as ‘appa’…and we ARE good friends.

“Ack!  I have to go now!  Mom told me to pick up the laundry.” The bunny guy quickly stood up and fixed himself to leave.

Finally, I felt relieved.  I wanted to do a victory dance on the spot  if only it didn’t look weird.

Eunhyuk and I followed Sungmin out the door.  Well, actually it was more of me ‘pushing’ him out the door…but never mind that.

Just before Sungmin left, he suddenly leaned in at Eunhyuk and pointed at his cheeks.

“Hyukkie~ bbo bbo~”

What?!  No!

I didn’t care if my mouth was as wide as the Pacific Ocean.  I gazed worriedly at Eunhyuk only to find him slowly leaning in.

No! NO!  Don’t do it! Nooooo!

*kiss*

He did it.

Eunhyuk made quick peck at Sungmin’s cheek before pushing the guy out.  After that, he went back to the couch, as if nothing happened, while I was left with my misery.


Chapter 6 =_=

Early update just because I can.

As always, Thank you for the love everyone!